non football viewing consumption medias - Episode 2

Moderators: shutout, Jabbroni, Irish Mike

User avatar 826.RIP » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:17 pm

I liked it.
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

827.Tommy » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:13 pm

Why I bought the season of Swamp Thing, I’m not sure, but it’s painful, though I’m determined to get my $18 worth of pain. Evil (CBS series) is fair to middling. Power and Ray Donovan are pretty decent, currently, this the last 2 episodes of power are not so good.
buddy, let me tell you, Evil is the absolute shit. just a top notch balance between your well executed procedural and fantastical elements that CBS wouldn't normally touch with a ten foot pole. and pretty sure the creators thought "we should cast michael emerson but instead of being fake bad like he was in lost we'll make him bad bad"
Ok

User avatar 828.DocZaius » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:54 pm

The Borat sequel (free on Amazon Prime) was good, but it really doesn't hold a candle to the original. The original was great because you could tell the people in the movie had no idea they were being pranked - no idea that Borat was a character. In the sequel, they pointed out in the beginning that people recognized him and so he had to adopt disguises but throughout the movie it seemed like everyone was already in on the joke. The reactions just didn't appear to be as genuine as in the first. Still, there were some very funny moments. Worth a watch.

Sascha Baron Cohen's co-star really did a great job, though. The NYT did a profile on her here: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/11/movi ... borat.html

User avatar 829.Cus » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:42 pm

I'm two episodes in on Pine Gap (Netflix). Good so far.

830.rampart » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:03 pm

The Borat sequel (free on Amazon Prime) was good, but it really doesn't hold a candle to the original. The original was great because you could tell the people in the movie had no idea they were being pranked - no idea that Borat was a character. In the sequel, they pointed out in the beginning that people recognized him and so he had to adopt disguises but throughout the movie it seemed like everyone was already in on the joke. The reactions just didn't appear to be as genuine as in the first. Still, there were some very funny moments. Worth a watch.

Sascha Baron Cohen's co-star really did a great job, though. The NYT did a profile on her here: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/11/movi ... borat.html
Same way I felt about it. There were some great moments scattered throughout but it’s the disguises just lacked something (except for the redneck singing on stage, that was great!)

831.lil numby » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:33 pm

i have watched the first few episodes of The Right Stuff. it is fine.

832.rampart » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:57 pm

Mando season 2 - still awesome as fuck

User avatar 833.RIP » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:22 pm

yep. I wanted to see baby Yoda eat one of the tadpoles just to piss of the whiny dipshits on the internet.
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

834.rampart » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:10 pm

yep. I wanted to see baby Yoda eat one of the tadpoles just to piss of the whiny dipshits on the internet.
Lol

835.evil gator » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:55 pm

Save Me on Peacock is really good

User avatar 836.Panamag8or » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:53 am

Came home tonight and Mrs. Pan had started re-watching Breaking Bad. She's a keeper.

837.evil gator » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:53 pm

the new version of Emma was pretty good; still prefer the 90s Gywenth Paltrow version.

User avatar 838.Panamag8or » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:47 am

13 new Animaniacs episodes coming out... I'm gonna get so wasted and watch them.
Aaaand here we go!

User avatar 839.RIP » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:49 am

Mission Impossible Fallout is good stuff.
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

840.Tommy » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:23 pm

Trying to watch the 100, but after 2 episodes, looking like a twilight type teen show

841.Tommy » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:24 pm

Reading (still) Empire of the Summer Moon, the Comanche are bad asses

842.rampart » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:23 pm

Watched cronenbergs dead ringers on Amazon prime. First time watching that one. Might be Jeremy irons best performance ever. He was so convincing playing twins if you have been living in a cave and had no idea who he was you might actually think you were watching two actual twin actors on screen (though you never see each twins face in the same shot). Also, it’s cronenberg so disturbing as fuck every now and then.

843.evil gator » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:58 pm

Watched cronenbergs dead ringers on Amazon prime. First time watching that one. Might be Jeremy irons best performance ever. He was so convincing playing twins if you have been living in a cave and had no idea who he was you might actually think you were watching two actual twin actors on screen (though you never see each twins face in the same shot). Also, it’s cronenberg so disturbing as fuck every now and then.
Iirc it’s delightfully creepy

844.Juggs » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:54 pm

Reading (still) Empire of the Summer Moon, the Comanche are bad asses
I've heard Rogan talk about it so many fn times i feel like I've already ready it :lol:
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else