non football viewing consumption medias - Episode 2

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

26.evil gator » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:25 pm

I couldn't get past the first few minutes of Dracula; were they trying to goof on bad 70s horror? I didn't care to find out.

Watched the Witcher, it was pretty good, I will watch future seasons, but comparisons to GOT are a bit much.

User avatar 27.DocZaius » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:43 pm

I couldn't get past the first few minutes of Dracula; were they trying to goof on bad 70s horror? I didn't care to find out.

Watched the Witcher, it was pretty good, I will watch future seasons, but comparisons to GOT are a bit much.
The Witcher isn't comparable to GoT. At all. I mean, it's fun and all, but it's not as well-written (or -acted) as GoT.

Watched the first episode of The Insider last night. Everything is as advertised. Dark and moody,m a little like the first season of True Detective. Ben Mendelsohn was a great pick to play the lead role. I'm kind of regretting reading the book now - I think people who have no idea what's coming are going to get a lot more out of the show as the mystery unfolds.

28.Juggs » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:19 pm

Yeah I like Witcher, but it's not in the same realm as GoT

User avatar 29.99inNC » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:26 pm

I watched so little non-football tv this weekend. Tried to watch "El Camino" finally and then wife was on the phone with her friend and they were blah-blahing and then I feel asleep.

User avatar 30.Cus » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:19 pm

I watched so little non-football tv this weekend. Tried to watch "El Camino" finally and then wife was on the phone with her friend and they were blah-blahing and then I feel asleep.
I found it relatively unsatisfactory.

User avatar 31.Irish Mike » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:24 pm

I was fine. Just an average to better than average, longer BB episode.

User avatar 32.RIP » Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:25 pm

I've been re-watching Mad Men lately. Dammit it was such a good show.

33.evil gator » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:05 pm

I thought it was an average bb episode, which is still better than most stuff on netflix

34.Juggs » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:51 pm

I thought it was an average bb episode, which is still better than most stuff on netflix
The flashbacks were painfully boring

35.Tommy » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:02 pm

Why I bought the season of Swamp Thing, I’m not sure, but it’s painful, though I’m determined to get my $18 worth of pain. Evil (CBS series) is fair to middling. Power and Ray Donovan are pretty decent, currently, this the last 2 episodes of power are not so good.

36.Fishon » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:18 am

ha, I did the same recently.

Also watched the Irishman. Over 4 separate viewings.

37.Juggs » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:11 am

I wached most of the Irishman and I gotta say.....disappointing.

User avatar 38.Irish Mike » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:29 am

I liked it. The story was meh but i enjoyed seeing those guys again. Pesci especially. He was great.

39.Fishon » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:33 am

Yeah, I think my expectations were lowered a bit before viewing. One thing that was weird to me was Deniro and Pesci playing younger versions of themselves. I heard Scorcese's explanation in that other video (Scorcese, Deniro, Pesci, and Pacino talking about the movie) about not wanting different actors b/c the subtle movements would be too different, but it just didn't look right. I mean Deniro played a younger version of Brando in Godfather 2 and it was brilliant. I think that could've been done better. Otherwise, it didn't feel any different than any other mafia movie I've seen.

40.Juggs » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:53 am

I think after those guys because caricatures of themselves, I just became disenchanted with them and would have rather have them retire :oops:

User avatar 41.99inNC » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:05 pm

This. From what I saw thus far, I have to agree.

42.Tommy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:56 pm

Watched some of The Outsider series on HBO, so far, pretty interesting

43.JookJoint » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:00 pm

Watched some of The Outsider series on HBO, so far, pretty interesting
The book was awesome.

User avatar 44.99inNC » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:22 pm

Watched "Joker" last night. Liked it. Very interesting. I did like the callback with having DeNiro play the talk show host who the crazy person is obsessed the way he was obsessed with Jerry Lewis's character in "The King of Comedy".

Going to start the Schmerderer's Netflix docu-series tonight.

45.evil gator » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:25 pm

Watched "Joker" last night. Liked it. Very interesting. I did like the callback with having DeNiro play the talk show host who the crazy person is obsessed the way he was obsessed with Jerry Lewis's character in "The King of Comedy".

that movie is so great.

User avatar 46.99inNC » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:38 pm

that movie is so great.
I just watched it for the first time maybe a year and a half ago and I really liked it.

47.evil gator » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:40 pm

that movie is so great.
I just watched it for the first time maybe a year and a half ago and I really liked it.
it was a staple in our household

my sister would sing the Sandra Bernhard parts to me to creep me out.

User avatar 48.99inNC » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:44 pm

that movie is so great.
it was a staple in our household

my sister would sing the Sandra Bernhard parts to me to creep me out.
That movie confirmed to me that she has always been fugly. Sorry, that was mean.

User avatar 49.99inNC » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:01 pm

Made it through the first 2 episodes of the Schmernandez docu-series. I fell asleep partway through ep 3. I will have to re-watch today during downtime.

This dude's story has me so conflicted. So much shit and turmoil caused by others in his private and family life. And then so many poor choices and leadership/father/mother figures in his life. And if you factor in CTE...all of those other things will trump talent every time in the end.

50.evil gator » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:28 pm

yeah I don't need to know.

I started watching the Frankenstein chronicles again, the production values bugged me the first time, but its a pretty good take on the story.

is the eddie murphy movie on netflex any good?
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else