non football viewing consumption medias - Episode 2

Moderators: shutout, Jabbroni, Irish Mike

1.shutout » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:23 pm

baby yoda edition, i guess.

User avatar 2.DocZaius » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:50 pm

Let me just say that I was about to cancel my HBO subscription because Game of Thrones isn't on anymore, but then I see the trailer for The Outsider: https://www.hbo.com/the-outsider

Great cast, good King novel.

3.evil gator » Wed Jan 08, 2020 9:53 pm

yeah that looks good. there is generally enough new stuff on HBO, and enough stuff I want to watch again.

4.JookJoint » Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:02 pm

watch Letterkenny

5.evil gator » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:34 pm

oh did anyone watch the Witcher? I started watching it with husband but he got bored. I will probably go back and watch it because he's yummy but wondered if its as good as the reviews say

User avatar 6.ufgators68 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:44 pm

oh did anyone watch the Witcher? I started watching it with husband but he got bored. I will probably go back and watch it because he's yummy but wondered if its as good as the reviews say
I liked it.

User avatar 7.99inNC » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:46 pm

I will likely finish season 2 of "Jack Ryan" next.
Then I may finally watch "The Boys" on Prime.
Just saw we will be getting "Kenobi" on Disney Plus, so that's neat.
I'm toying with the notion of dropping Hulu, adding HBO plus to binge watch some shit and then getting stupid Hulu back later this year when my wife's "Handmaid's Tale" come back on. Or as I like to call it, "Would you like to be mentally assaulted for an hour?"

8.evil gator » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:49 pm

I'm toying with the notion of dropping Hulu, adding HBO plus to binge watch some shit and then getting stupid Hulu back later this year when my wife's "Handmaid's Tale" come back on. Or as I like to call it, "Would you like to be mentally assaulted for an hour?"
hahaha I got Hulu and binged the first two seasons of handmaids and was ready to jump out my 20th floor window. Its the most brutal show. I don't care how good the acting is, I don't need to know more gynecological horrors. Give me Veronica mars.

9.Tommy » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:49 pm

I liked it.
Same, but unlike 68 and eg, not because “he’s yummy”

User avatar 10.99inNC » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:50 pm

hahaha I got Hulu and binged the first two seasons of handmaids and was ready to jump out my 20th floor window. Its the most brutal show. I don't care how good the acting is, I don't need to know more gynecological horrors. Give me Veronica mars.
First season and a half or so, I thought...wow, well-acted show. But it's just such a fucking emotional drain. That's an exhausting watch.

11.evil gator » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:54 pm

First season and a half or so, I thought...wow, well-acted show. But it's just such a fucking emotional drain. That's an exhausting watch.
Rory Gilmore had it coming to a certain extent, but yeah its too far.

and then the idiots saying THIS IS WHAT AMERICA IS LIKE UNDER TRUMP is also a turn off

User avatar 12.ufgators68 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:55 pm

I liked it.
Same, but unlike 68 and eg, not because “he’s yummy”
:nope:

User avatar 13.99inNC » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:56 pm

and then the idiots saying THIS IS WHAT AMERICA IS LIKE UNDER TRUMP is also a turn off
Exactly. I was actually going to mention that. I don't read/care about what actors generally say/do when they're not in movies, aside from their goofy YouTube interviews and shit. But, ugh...the people on that show claiming that this is some modern day allegory can fuck right off in the same deep shit hole that college football writer is in.

14.evil gator » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:57 pm

Exactly. I was actually going to mention that. I don't read/care about what actors generally say/do when they're not in movies, aside from their goofy YouTube interviews and shit. But, ugh...the people on that show claiming that this is some modern day allegory can fuck right off in the same deep shit hole that college football writer is in.
the women who dress like that and show up to congressional hearings, oof

though my husband does enjoy the free strange

User avatar 15.99inNC » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:58 pm

the women who dress like that and show up to congressional hearings, oof

though my husband does enjoy the free strange
:lol: :lol:

User avatar 16.Panamag8or » Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:19 pm

NC, you haven't watched "The Boys", either?
Jeez, dude... catch up.

17.52:20 » Thu Jan 09, 2020 5:40 pm

The boys is great, the premise alone should be good for a couple seasons.

18.shutout » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:14 pm

I liked it.
I liked it.. I wouldn't say it was good. I loved the way they mirrored the old Conan movies with the boobs.

19.evil gator » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:16 pm

I liked it.
I liked it.. I wouldn't say it was good. I loved the way they mirrored the old Conan movies with the boobs.
that doesn't sound like my cup of tea.

User avatar 20.Jabbroni » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:54 pm

It isn't The Mandolorian but it's entertaining.
Jabbs (Stink/Stank/Stunk)

User avatar 21.Panamag8or » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:03 pm

The last episode of High Castle was rather unsatisfying.

22.evil gator » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:26 pm

oh yeah forgot about that

23.JookJoint » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:35 pm

anyone watch Dracula on Netflix?...is it any good?

24.rampart » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:40 pm

Messiah was good but the last few episodes dragged

25.Tommy » Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:01 pm

anyone watch Dracula on Netflix?...is it any good?
Different, but not bad
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else