The best 8 minutes of NBC tv in a while

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.99inNC » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:47 pm

2.9508 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:48 pm

He took no prisoners. It was amazing
9508 (Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn)

User avatar 3.RIP » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:48 pm

yes it was great. obviously I don't watch awards shows but saw it on reddit.
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

4.evil gator » Mon Jan 06, 2020 3:57 pm

yeah I hate those shows with a passion just look at pictures of the outfits later, but

"If ISIS started a network, you'd be calling your agent to get on it...you are no position to lecture the public about anything"

that's gold

5.9508 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:20 pm

9508 (Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn)

User avatar 6.99inNC » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:34 pm

I saw the beginning of it, but turned something else on. Saw that he was trending on Twitter and then watched the video. Also Hanks give his speech after getting his special award. Otherwise, didn't see a minute of the show.

User avatar 7.Panamag8or » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:22 pm

User avatar 8.99inNC » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:25 pm

damn :lol:

9.evil gator » Mon Jan 06, 2020 5:39 pm

hahaha

10.evil gator » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:21 pm

in case anyone missed it, more out of touchness by the elite: Joaquin is a hero for wearing only ONE tux during the awards season (though likely dry cleaning it)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... g-tux.html

11.evil gator » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:23 pm

also Gisele and Tom and fonts of dangerous pseudoscience, but beyond that Gisele loves the earth so much she has jeans that are *gasp* 3 years old.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/gisele- ... frsjcL9GG7

User avatar 12.99inNC » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:09 pm

I don't need rich people to act like ham 'n' eggers, but just try not to be such a fucking condescending shitbag in the process.

13.evil gator » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:15 pm

I don't need rich people to act like ham 'n' eggers, but just try not to be such a fucking condescending shitbag in the process.
yeah stop telling me morals when you all still work with Polanski. And press its not headlines when they have some dumb opinion on something.

If they want to actually help people, be more like Gary Sinese, who actually uses his position and memorable role in an generous and altruistic way vs getting lots of attention for himself.

User avatar 14.99inNC » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:21 pm

yeah stop telling me morals when you all still work with Polanski. And press its not headlines when they have some dumb opinion on something.

If they want to actually help people, be more like Gary Sinese, who actually uses his position and memorable role in an generous and altruistic way vs getting lots of attention for himself.
Exactly. It's like Gervais said about Epstein, "I know he's your friend." Same way with Polanski, Weinstein...so many of these hypocrites turn a blind eye when it's their pal or someone who can advance their career.

User avatar 15.RIP » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:27 pm

I loathe Giselle and Tom.
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

16.evil gator » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:29 pm

Exactly. It's like Gervais said about Epstein, "I know he's your friend." Same way with Polanski, Weinstein...so many of these hypocrites turn a blind eye when it's their pal or someone who can advance their career.
I hate Weinstein especially behind that fat creep was behind so many of my favorite movies, esp in the 90s

while we are talking about hypocrisy, see the stuff in france? As recently as 2013 they were lauding a guy who wrote lovingly about fucking kids because he was a proper lefty. It took one of his victims to write about it as abuse for everyone to realize he was a perv. Making age of consent at 15 was controversial! Us prudish americans and our issues with sex!

https://apnews.com/aeea1bd377966a3eae3ed1f887a8a08f

User avatar 17.MoralityULack » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:32 pm

But its OK that Trump has sexually harrassed, groped, assaulted, beat, raped at least 67 women and children.

User avatar 18.99inNC » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:33 pm

I hate Weinstein especially behind that fat creep was behind so many of my favorite movies, esp in the 90s

while we are talking about hypocrisy, see the stuff in france? As recently as 2013 they were lauding a guy who wrote lovingly about fucking kids because he was a proper lefty. It took one of his victims to write about it as abuse for everyone to realize he was a perv. Making age of consent at 15 was controversial! Us prudish americans and our issues with sex!

https://apnews.com/aeea1bd377966a3eae3ed1f887a8a08f
Evs, there's only two things I hate in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the French.

19.evil gator » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:42 pm

hahaha there are things I love so much about their culture but some things if I ponder are so infuriating.

User avatar 20.99inNC » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:43 pm

hahaha there are things I love so much about their culture but some things if I ponder are so infuriating.
Their food is fine. However, no one is ever going to mistake me for a francophile.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else