Sober thread

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

276.JookJoint » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:10 pm

I'm so proud of you ole drunks
:numby:

User avatar 277.RIP » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:20 pm

Day 37 here. I'm pretty sure I've lost weight without even trying. I agree with Jook though, I'm hungry all the time :lol:
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

User avatar 278.ufgators68 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:20 pm

this appetite could be due to boredom from not drinking...it usually kicks in when I'm hanging out around the house...
Sounds like you need a new hobby.

279.JookJoint » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:22 pm

Day 37 here. I'm pretty sure I've lost weight without even trying. I agree with Jook though, I'm hungry all the time :lol:
I had to go buy some yogurt and other healthy-ish shit to eat...

User avatar 280.RIP » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:24 pm

I had to go buy some yogurt and other healthy-ish shit to eat...
I haven't really done anything other than only letting myself have an 8 hr eating window. I've been eating out a lot since I got like $200 worth of restaurant gift cards from family over Christmas. I'll usually eat half the meal at the place and half the next day. Carrabas has some big fucking portions :gcg: Tonight I'll burn through my last gift card (Cheesecake factory) and then it's back on the healthy eating train & back to biking regularly. I really didn't worry about diet while getting sober the first month. Taking on too much at once usually leads to failure in one area.
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

281.evil gator » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:34 pm

I'm not that much of a healthy stickler but the one time I went to cheesecake I was blown away by the menu; it was like a parody of what euros mock us for

User avatar 282.RIP » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:37 pm

I'm not that much of a healthy stickler but the one time I went to cheesecake I was blown away by the menu; it was like a parody of what euros mock us for
Yeah the only time I ever go there is when someone gets me a gift card. The wait time is usually ridiculous, it's on the other side of the city, and the menu is bonkers. It takes me forever to decide what to eat.
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

283.evil gator » Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:57 pm

Yeah the only time I ever go there is when someone gets me a gift card. The wait time is usually ridiculous, it's on the other side of the city, and the menu is bonkers. It takes me forever to decide what to eat.
pick the one or two dishes below 2500 calories?

284.Juggs » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:21 pm

Fuck intermittent fasting. I can't adjust to it. I get weak and nauseous if I don't eat regularly.

The constantly hungry thing is probably from the decrease in sugar from not drinking. That'll go away with time.

User avatar 285.RIP » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:28 pm

Fuck intermittent fasting. I can't adjust to it. I get weak and nauseous if I don't eat regularly.

The constantly hungry thing is probably from the decrease in sugar from not drinking. That'll go away with time.
I've been doing it for years just by default. It's pretty easy after the first week or so. Also it's nice not having to eat right away and being able to exercise without having a full stomach.
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

286.Tommy » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:35 pm

I craved sugar like a mofo when I quit drankin, which makes sense as you’re basically drinking high quantities of carbs that rapidly convert to sugars. That’s the reason there’s so much candy / cookies etc in AA mtgs. I used Klondike bars early in to kill a urge to drink.

User avatar 287.RIP » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:43 pm

I craved sugar like a mofo when I quit drankin, which makes sense as you’re basically drinking high quantities of carbs that rapidly convert to sugars. That’s the reason there’s so much candy / cookies etc in AA mtgs. I used Klondike bars early in to kill a urge to drink.
I was wondering why everyone was constantly snacking there but didn't put too much thought into it. I figured it was because most people there (like everywhere else) is fat :lol: Also one gross part of going to AA is all the smokers. Walking through a cloud of smoke to get in the building and also the constant wet coughs is a huge turn off. It's driving my wife crazy.
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

288.Juggs » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:00 pm

It's the best time to change your diet since already craving sugar. When I quit the daily drinking and was sober a few months (the first time) a year and a half ago, I quit all sugar and processed carbs at the same time. It sucked for a month, but my healthy eating has stuck with me unless I eat out.

289.Tommy » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:14 pm

Very much disagree, one change at a time, eliminate the most destructive one first.

290.Juggs » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:29 pm

Very much disagree, one change at a time, eliminate the most destructive one first.
Well, quitting daily drinking was easy for me. It's just the panic induced binges I struggle with :lol:

I was already miserable, so I found it easiest to make that change at the same time. I guess for a regular alcoholic who struggles day to day, the chocolate or whatever would be a good substitute.

291.JookJoint » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:26 pm

Day 15...sleeping better than I have in years...meditating an hour+ a day (not all at once...usually in 15-20 minute sits)...feel pretty good for the most part...

292.9508 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:37 pm

Glad to hear it.
9508 (Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn)

User avatar 293.RIP » Mon Jan 20, 2020 3:39 pm

Awesome Jook! I hit 6 weeks today.
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

294.JookJoint » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:01 pm

Nice!!

295.Fishon » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:32 pm

you guys are putting in some work

296.Tommy » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:46 pm

Started back doing 30 min of meditation every am, prob should do it 2x a day

297.HG 2.0 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:19 pm

Very good! Keep going RIP and Jook

298.Juggs » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:39 am

I had another session of neurofeedback today. There were a couple somewhat uncomfortable moments. I'll start off by saying the gal doing this portion is pretty attractive younger lady (30 maybe). I'm not a huge fan of compliments from strangers when they're out of the blue. It feels awkward. After the talking stuff early on, she commented that I was very articulate. Yeah I know, I know :lol: Later, after 20 minutes of more talking, she would make certain statements or comments and when I stated my position or reasoning, she said I was the most frustrating patient she has because everything I say is so logical and rational that she can't find fault in anything I say, which makes her job more difficult. Said it was like talking to Spock :lol: FTR - I don't think she's hitting on me, I think she's just a nice person and tries to make people feel comfortable in a position I'm sure many people are nervous about or uncomfortable in.

A few more minutes go by and she says, "your package", pauses, starts laughing. Apologizes. Continues laughing, then says "You have your package" (a trauma time line paper to fill out). I briefly chuckled at the gaffe (or Freudian slip). 30 seconds later, she enthusiastically said "you gotta do it do it do it" and immediately started laughing again and was eventually able to get out, "I can't say anything right" or something along those lines. Anywhere other than a therapists office and I'd have had some kind of smart ass reply or innuendo, but uhhh...awkward :lol:

User avatar 299.DocZaius » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:00 am

Are you sure she wasn't hitting on you?

300.Juggs » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:02 am

Are you sure she wasn't hitting on you?
She has a girlfriend I believe, so I'm guessing no :lol:
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else