Sober thread

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.RIP » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:39 pm

I figured I'd break all the sober talk out of the MMJ thread.

I'm 2 days done with pot and am selling all of my current stuff and boxing up my paraphernalia. I'm having my final (1) drink tonight (I've been tapering) and seeing my doc in the morning about an out-patient medical detox. I'll be attending my first SMART meeting with my wife on Wednesday.

2.Fishon » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:54 pm

All that can’t be easy. Proud of you for making the leap

User avatar 3.RIP » Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:58 pm

All that can’t be easy. Proud of you for making the leap
It isn't especially since I know my sleep will get worse in the short term. One day at a time.

4.Juggs » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:55 pm

I'm 2 days done with pot and am selling all of my current stuff and boxing up my paraphernalia. I'm having my final (1) drink tonight (I've been tapering) and seeing my doc in the morning about an out-patient medical detox. I'll be attending my first SMART meeting with my wife on Wednesday.
Good on ya. I couldn't find a SMART meeting here :bananasad:

Cool that your wife is going. Is she quitting too?

User avatar 5.RIP » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:59 pm

Yep. Today is day 4 for her. She didn't have any withdrawal symptoms but I guarantee if she kept going she eventually would.

6.GFY » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:59 pm

Best of luck. Stay Skrong.

User avatar 7.evs' Boytoy » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:23 pm

Get at it, RIP. We're here to support you and talk shit.

User avatar 8.RIP » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:25 pm

Thanks guys. I never thought I'd have to do this but here I am. The good news is I'll look great for the family pictures in January! Now I just have to figure out how the fuck to get to sleep. Maybe my doc will have some advice for that tomorrow.

9.Juggs » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:29 pm

Yep. Today is day 4 for her. She didn't have any withdrawal symptoms but I guarantee if she kept going she eventually would.
Awesome for both of you. Is she just doing this for you? If she hasn't had any withdrawals after 4 days, I don't think she will at all. :beatsme:

User avatar 10.RIP » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:32 pm

Awesome for both of you. Is she just doing this for you? If she hasn't had any withdrawals after 4 days, I don't think she will at all. :beatsme:
After doing some introspection she realized she was headed where I was with some time. She binge drinks but doesn't have sleep problems so she can go a few days without drinking no problem. With my shit though she's been drinking more and more. When she was in school she drank almost every single night (and heavily). Her Dad was a RAGING abusive alcoholic and her sister is too (albeit mentally abusive). She saw the writing on the wall.

User avatar 11.RIP » Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:36 pm

Also a big thanks to juggs for helping me recognize that I was chemically dependent. Since reducing my drinking by tapering I've definitely had mild withdrawal symptoms. If he hadn't said something I would have ended up down a really bad road and who knows what would have happened.

12.Tommy » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:10 pm

Good job Rip! Best otc sleep med ive found is Alteril, all natural stuff, but it works really well. Another one is a sleep aid by True Nutrition, that’s the one i took almost 11 years ago when quitting, couldn’t sleep for shit, Drs wanted to give me benzos, i wouldn't take them. Combo of Alteril and cbd works great, and i need it as I’m seemingly always on the road / in hotels.

I never ever ever thought I’d be the “senior” sober person back in the days of the angry drunk table, hell, i never imagined I’d ever be sober, even Juggs said I’d never stay sober (and i thought the same early one).

User avatar 13.evs' Boytoy » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:16 pm

eg is going to have to run the angry drunk table because it seems tea is on the menu. I'd say mex, but he'd likely slip you a mickey.

14.shutout » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:17 pm

Good luck, quitter.

15.newmexigator » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:05 pm

eg is going to have to run the angry drunk table because it seems tea is on the menu. I'd say mex, but he'd likely slip you a mickey.
Factual.

User avatar 16.Gator Rio » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:26 pm

Good for you RIP! Hang in there!!

17.Juggs » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:43 pm

Good job Rip! Best otc sleep med ive found is Alteril, all natural stuff, but it works really well. Another one is a sleep aid by True Nutrition, that’s the one i took almost 11 years ago when quitting, couldn’t sleep for shit, Drs wanted to give me benzos, i wouldn't take them. Combo of Alteril and cbd works great, and i need it as I’m seemingly always on the road / in hotels.

I never ever ever thought I’d be the “senior” sober person back in the days of the angry drunk table, hell, i never imagined I’d ever be sober, even Juggs said I’d never stay sober (and i thought the same early one).
You were one of the angriest drunk people I've ever seen and that was just posting :lol:

18.Juggs » Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:44 pm

After doing some introspection she realized she was headed where I was with some time. She binge drinks but doesn't have sleep problems so she can go a few days without drinking no problem. With my shit though she's been drinking more and more. When she was in school she drank almost every single night (and heavily). Her Dad was a RAGING abusive alcoholic and her sister is too (albeit mentally abusive). She saw the writing on the wall.
Awesome she can recognize that before it reaches a really bad place.

User avatar 19.angrigator » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:08 pm

Good on the RIP family.

User avatar 20.RIP » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:43 pm

All weed is gone. Even flushed my vaped remains so there was zero temptation. There was so much of the vaped stuff :lol:

21.Juggs » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:53 pm

All weed is gone. Even flushed my vaped remains so there was zero temptation. There was so much of the vaped stuff :lol:
That's a lot cash to get rid of it.

I sure as shit ain't getting rid of my weed. :lol:

22.newmexigator » Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:54 pm

Go get GCG’s bike and find health and maybe a new addiction

User avatar 23.RIP » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:13 pm

Go get GCG’s bike and find health and maybe a new addiction
I actually have a bike. I've put about 1100 miles on it since March. Lately I've been too hungover to ride. Granted, it cost about 1/10th of his bike :lol: I don't know if his folks sold it or not

User avatar 24.RIP » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:22 pm

Nah, my SIL bought what little I had left. The vaped stuff was only good for making tinctures that taste like shit.

25.Juggs » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:42 pm

Nah, my SIL bought what little I had left. The vaped stuff was only good for making tinctures that taste like shit.
Oh good. The MMJ cost a lot to ditch so quickly :lol:

Yeah all tinctures taste like ass. Were you even getting anything out of weed at this point or is your tolerance too high?
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else