Fuck people

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.Juggs » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:33 am

2.evil gator » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:47 pm

a bit slanted that

User avatar 3.MoralityULack » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:16 pm

I love Ginnie Springs.

I was going to make a sarcastic comment earlier about how evil would show up to defend this but thought that was just too far fetched even for her.

I always over estimate people.
Trump got his deferments for the wrong thing. They shouldn't have been for his disappearing, imaginary bone spurs - they should have been for that yellow streak down his back. - Sen. Duckworth - Pilot who lost both legs in Iraq

4.evil gator » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:21 pm

LOL where did I defend anything? I was commenting on the article, which had the typical end of the world tone. How typical of you to once again claim something I clearly didn't say.

5.Juggs » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:12 pm

Oh sure, it has that tone....but if the statements made are factual, it's fucked up.

And I'd be fine with no more bottled water and shit if we quit sucking water out of the ground so people can keep throwing their water bottles out the window or into the landfill.

User avatar 6.DocZaius » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:16 pm

Here's the Sun's coverage of the controversy:

https://www.gainesville.com/news/201908 ... -by-nestle

Ginnie Springs is quite possibly one of the most white-trashiest campgrounds around, but I agree with Juggs on this. My kids can drink from the hose, just like I did.

User avatar 7.evs' Boytoy » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:18 pm

Oh, Ginnie is gorgeously trashy. Most of our canoe runs pass by it and the river is usually full of some very strange people.

8.evil gator » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:22 pm

Oh sure, it has that tone....but if the statements made are factual, it's fucked up.

And I'd be fine with no more bottled water and shit if we quit sucking water out of the ground so people can keep throwing their water bottles out the window or into the landfill.
well sure, bottled water is dumb: unless there's some distaster, 99.99 of city water supplies in the US are safer than bottled water. BUT, your city water supply is from "sucking water out of the ground" as are rural residents as are most cities and the world doesn't come to an end...which is why I would avoid assuming everything on that website is fact, as 99.99 of sites with that tone exaggerate or make up "facts" to scare people. Generally this sort of thing isn't necessarily to ONLY limit some sort of industrial project but is to push action or legislation that would prevent normal people and even cities from sucking water out of the ground, which is why its important to view these sorts of sites with skepticism because the motive isn't always so pure.

9.Juggs » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:57 pm

Fair.

I didnt go searching that out, it popped up on me :oops:

10.evil gator » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:32 pm

not a lot of detail in the "about us" is another giveaway

User avatar 11.99inNC » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:04 pm

The more things change, the more they stay the same. This thread is proof.

12.shutout » Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:52 pm

Here's the last published water quality report card for FL (generally good.)

https://floridadep.gov/sites/default/fi ... Report.pdf

FL's been getting well above average amounts of rain in the second half of the decade, altho the aquifers can only absorb so much of it. Most of it ends up in the ocean. That's probably also making the water quality look better than it should by a few %. (Also making the oysters tastier.)

https://climatecenter.fsu.edu/products- ... cipitation

However, it's growing at around 300,000 people per year - which is not too terrible, but it'll certainly have an impact. So basically another drought like the mid 2000's one along with a few extra million people would fuck the aquifers again for a few decades. Rinse, repeat.

The real problem with FL's water and springs right now is nitrates. Queue mex vs big sugar.

13.evil gator » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:02 pm

yes, correct look reputable sources such as government agency websites, not random ones that are clickbait.
Eventually Florida will join states like California and Texas and regulate water use more closely...try to avoid assumptions about current use leading to being fucked.
there are a lot of mitigation options that communities can adopt.

14.shutout » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:44 pm

The article's all true but Ginnie puts out like 35 million gallons a day. So it'll put out 34 million gallons a day instead.. I think the Sante Fe will survive.

That said, fuck Nestle, fuck single use water bottles, and fuck the State gubment for allowing uncharged withdrawl from the aquifer.

15.Juggs » Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:11 pm

That said, fuck Nestle, fuck single use water bottles, and fuck the State gubment for allowing uncharged withdrawl from the aquifer.
This is what it really comes down to.

16.evil gator » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:12 pm

if you think that more government control would prevent industrial withdrawals from groundwater, you are sorely mistaken. This already happens in the great lakes, Texas, California, etc.

There are also always intended consequences from this or any regulation. Part of the reason Flint happened is because of increased government control of groundwater in the region.

Like a lot of things its not as simple as a memeish website puts forward

17.Juggs » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:41 pm

Like a lot of things its not as simple as a memeish website puts forward
Never is.

and I don't think government control is the way to go either. And while regulations in general aren't a solution, I wouldn't mind a crack down on a bunch of bottled water plants.

18.HG 2.0 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:49 pm

The article's all true but Ginnie puts out like 35 million gallons a day. So it'll put out 34 million gallons a day instead.. I think the Sante Fe will survive.

What about irrigation for farm lands? That’s uncharged withdrawal from aquifer?

This whole SIGN THE PETITION TO STOP EVIL NESTLE is tiresome. It’s an existing permit thye acquired too. Just a renewal.

19.evil gator » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:12 pm

What about irrigation for farm lands? That’s uncharged withdrawal from aquifer?

This whole SIGN THE PETITION TO STOP EVIL NESTLE is tiresome. It’s an existing permit thye acquired too. Just a renewal.
look there is a website!

User avatar 20.MoralityULack » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:18 pm

LOL where did I defend anything?
I dont see an opinionin your posts at all. :roll:
Trump got his deferments for the wrong thing. They shouldn't have been for his disappearing, imaginary bone spurs - they should have been for that yellow streak down his back. - Sen. Duckworth - Pilot who lost both legs in Iraq

21.evil gator » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:20 pm

please point out where I said anything not factual here.

User avatar 22.MoralityULack » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:48 pm

please point out where I said anything not factual here.
Dont know. Or care really. Its not about the merits of your point. I said you were defending this project and you said you weren't. Just pointing out that like your adored master you are a liar.

I had some of the best times of my life at Ginnie Springs. Part of the advantages of being a boomer again I guess. I will never see them again. Drain them and fill them with discarded plastic bottles if that is the will of the people. Part of the reason I dont live in Florida anymore is that so much that I loved has been fucked up one way or another.

23.evil gator » Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:54 pm

more idiocy. I"M NOT DEFENDING THE PROJECT, I DON"T KNOW ABOUT IT SPECIFICALLY, I just know that a lot of websites like this one have misinformation.

I also know about science and policy how laws work-including working in Florida on enviro issues for several, so that's what I was pointing out.

But how typical that you "don't know or care" about facts but prefer to blather meaningless platitudes and insults rather than actually do anything worthwhile.

User avatar 24.evs' Boytoy » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:06 pm

LEG THREAD!! --->

User avatar 25.RIP » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:07 pm

LEG THREAD!! --->
DILDO THREAD <-------
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else