FSU......

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

51.evil gator » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:36 pm

an assistant high school coach!

User avatar 52.evs' Boytoy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:07 pm

I'm pretty sure he was also the honorary head coach of a televised high school game. So, you know.....he has that going for him.

53.PG. » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:16 pm

He could coach baseball too. Save them some cash.

54.Denver-Gator » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:38 pm

He could coach baseball too. Save them some cash.
He certainly taught the Braves about the chop...

55.52:20 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:03 pm

With all our experience in coaching searches I know this has little to no chance of happening, but it may be my favorite coach candidate rumor ever.

56.evil gator » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:06 pm

Lebron: Man it would be so dope and just seems PERFECT for Prime Time @DeionSanders to be the HC of FSU! I mean right?? One thing about it he would get in any household on the planet to talk with a kid/parent/s. #ItsTimeforPrime

and a lot of other idiots are jawing about it

User avatar 57.evs' Boytoy » Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:08 pm

I was a bit surprised that Rich Eisen was pumping it up.

58.shutout » Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:53 pm

I was a bit surprised that Rich Eisen was pumping it up.
It just flashed in my Google news feed. Please :bbj: let this happen.

59.gatorbreeze » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:09 pm

Might have been posted already but the search firm they're using is the same one that Kansas used when they hired Charlie Weiss.
Remember when you were young, broke and pissed off at the world? Well, you're older now.

User avatar 60.anglo » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:50 am

Might have been posted already but the search firm they're using is the same one that Kansas used when they hired Charlie Weiss.
Some more smoke around this rumor. Sources are saying that bigtime nole boosters already custom ordered a reinforced garnet & gold Yeti for the sideline.

User avatar 61.DocZaius » Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:15 pm

62.gatorbreeze » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:34 pm

Ahahahaaaa...
Remember when you were young, broke and pissed off at the world? Well, you're older now.

63.newmexigator » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:30 pm

Oddly enough I was told last week fsu and Arky were going after Gus M

User avatar 64.DocZaius » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:01 pm

Bummer. Deion says FSU hasn't been in touch, but he'd totally do it.

https://www.si.com/college/2019/11/11/d ... ach-rumors
“I have not spoken to anyone from Florida State regarding this," Sanders said Sunday night on his weekly NFL GameDay Primeshow. “But let me assure you, I am 100%, 100%, desiring to coach at the next level and I will.”

65.evil gator » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:50 pm

if Sanders became coach, how long before they go on probation? I mean, the NCAA did create a rule based on him.

66.52:20 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:13 pm

They are back on Bob Stoops as their target, supposedly

67.52:20 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:14 pm

if Sanders became coach, how long before they go on probation? I mean, the NCAA did create a rule based on him.
Probably would deserve it pretty quickly but the NCAA is turning into a toothless joke.

68.evil gator » Tue Nov 12, 2019 3:18 pm

Probably would deserve it pretty quickly but the NCAA is turning into a toothless joke.
yeah look at all the blueblood basketball shennagans and they are all still ranked and playing on ESPN

User avatar 69.DocZaius » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:41 pm

SpoilerShow
(if you don't get it, there was a bunch of talk late yesterday that the FSU president and AD were flying to Dallas to finalize a contract with Bob Stoops, but the XFL has been tweeting out footage from this morning showing that he's at the league offices in Connecticut)

70.GFY » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:49 pm

Where's the flight tracker page? :lol:

71.52:20 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:07 pm

They can’t afford a private jet, they ride coach.

User avatar 72.RIP » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:08 am

I learned today the creator of Spanx is an FSU grad so apparently they have shitloads of cash to throw at this thing.

User avatar 73.DocZaius » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:34 am

I learned today the creator of Spanx is an FSU grad so apparently they have shitloads of cash to throw at this thing.
Rumor has it that she contributed millions to Willie's buyout.

74.evil gator » Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:43 pm

I didn't know that. Really brilliant to make girdles "cool" again.

User avatar 75.RIP » Fri Nov 15, 2019 4:11 pm

Rumor has it that she contributed millions to Willie's buyout.
I read an additional rumor that she contributes mostly to women's causes and was approached about the buyout but refused due to FSU's history with handling sexual abuse shittily. Who the fuck knows?
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else