Cable Cutting Offer

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.evs' Boytoy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:39 pm

I made the switch from Playstation Vue to Youtube TV and I like the change. I just received an email with a code to give a friend for a two week free trial from Youtube if anyone is interested. You have to be my friend, though.

User avatar 2.Panamag8or » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:40 pm

You have to have a friend, though.

User avatar 3.evs' Boytoy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:41 pm

Why the f do you think I'm offering it here? This is about as close as I get.

4.HG 2.0 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:41 pm

I made the switch from Playstation Vue to Youtube TV and I like the change. I just received an email with a code to give a friend for a two week free trial from Youtube if anyone is interested. You have to be my friend, though.
I was looking into YouTube tv also .... I need the Roku shit I guess....let me know how you like it.

User avatar 5.evs' Boytoy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:00 pm

I like it rough.

My Roku probably needs to be replaced but I'm going to upgrade my wireless signal first. The Google chromecast works well, though.

6.PG. » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:35 pm

Lol

7.gargin » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:50 am

I got youtube tv a few weeks ago when directv was going to shut off espn for the kentucky game... and really like it. Some strange things to get used to, but solid overall.

They also just came out with the official fire stick app, which i have all around the house (i buy a couple every prime day)... and it works great on the tv that has roku built in.

One strange thing is no going forward on the live guide, so fam just has this link on our phones to setup recordings on our individual dvrs:
https://streamingtvguides.com/YouTube-TV/Guide
Although you can only have 3 streams going at once, cool thing is you can have up to 6 individual accounts, me wife kids can all have our own dvr playlist.
One thing i dont like, or havent figured out, is you cant delete individual shows after youve watched... but dvr will record basically everything, no limits... and it just deletes everything i think 8 months later.
All in all, recommended.

8.evil gator » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:36 pm

this is so complicated and why I pay so much to those thieves at comcast

9.newmexigator » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:44 pm

this is so complicated and why I pay so much to those thieves at comcast
same

10.HG 2.0 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:48 pm

I like it rough.

My Roku probably needs to be replaced but I'm going to upgrade my wireless signal first. The Google chromecast works well, though.
Which Roku would I need?

User avatar 11.anglo » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:06 pm

I like it rough.

Which Roku would I need?
Any of them will do, honestly. I have a Roku 3 that I've used for 6 or 7 years without issue. The sticks are a bit more finicky than the boxes, but still solid overall.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else