Non-Ethanol gasoline....

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.Denver-Gator » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:59 pm

Have any of you run this in your car and noticed a significant difference in gas mileage, vs Ethanol (E-10) gasoline?

I ask this because out here it's kind of hard to find gas without ethanol, but I did find some for my lawnmower and snowblower and decided to just fill the Jeep with it too. Preliminary indications from my car's computer are that I'm getting about 10%-20% better gas mileage. It's still only a small sample size (about a half tank so far), but if it is true, it's definitely is worth the extra 0.20-0.30 per gallon.

In Florida, non-ethanol is probably more common because of all the marine engines and you're not close to big ethanol production.

2.evil gator » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:02 pm

never noticed a difference but tended to use by region.

I know the farm state elected officials freak the f out if there is any suggestion of a change to the subsidy.

User avatar 3.evs' Boytoy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:03 pm

I use whatever my neighbor puts in his van.

4.evil gator » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:04 pm

when going to the fair....the Alachua county fair

5.PG. » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:14 pm

Its a wonder I don't have mouth cancer. My buddy and I traveled as hs seniors to the Smoky mts siphoning our way (even though gas was about 30-40 cents a gallon. We got busted sleeping in the car in Tennessee and when the cop found our 3 foot section of garden hose, he said, "look what I found...an Arkansas credit card." We figured in Arkansas they call it a Tennessee credit card.

6.PG. » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:14 pm

Yeah, easy to find here. Although I think the price difference is more here.

Always bought it for my outboard and lawn equipment but never tried it in my car. Might need to give it a try.

User avatar 7.evs' Boytoy » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:16 pm

Its a wonder I don't have mouth cancer. My buddy and I traveled as hs seniors to the Smoky mts siphoning our way (even though gas was about 30-40 cents a gallon. We got busted sleeping in the car in Tennessee and when the cop found our 3 foot section of garden hose, he said, "look what I found...an Arkansas credit card." We figured in Arkansas they call it a Tennessee credit card.
We called it a Georgia or Alabama credit card.

8.Juggs » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:52 pm

Yes, it's better. I know a couple people who seek out and only use ethanol free gas. And obviously swear it's far better for your vehicle.

User avatar 9.Cus » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:03 pm

We called it a Georgia or Alabama credit card.
We called 'em theivin' varmints and gave 'em a dose of rock salt. /Penn St olds

User avatar 10.Irish Mike » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:11 pm

Ethanol free around here is the same price as premium. Like a 70 cent per gallon up charge for 87 octane.

User avatar 11.Panamag8or » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:37 pm

When I finally get my '66 thunderbird, I might run the ethanol-free in it, since that's what it was made for.
I have an app (pure gas) that shows all the stations with ethanol-free gas.

12.Denver-Gator » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:02 pm

Ethanol free around here is the same price as premium. Like a 70 cent per gallon up charge for 87 octane.
For purely the fuel savings reason, that wouldn't be worth it.

13.evil gator » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:37 pm

When I finally get my '66 thunderbird, I might run the ethanol-free in it, since that's what it was made for.
I have an app (pure gas) that shows all the stations with ethanol-free gas.
should add some lead since it was made to run on that
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else