I'm dealing with

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 101.ufgators68 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:30 am

Or let it go
Yeah...why not run it down toward the prairie, let it go and let it live?
You miss the part where I'm not putting that smelly bastard in my truck? They stink something awful. And as soon as I start moving the cage, he'll shit the whole way.

Been there, done that.
You're making possum removal way too difficult. Stop off at WalMart, pick up a 50 round box of CCI Quiet 22 LR ammo and pop the little fucker in the head, when an 18 wheeler goes by. They're like $7 a box and you have enough for 50 possums.

102.Juggs » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:43 am

That cheap? Winner.

I've been stalling because the kid feels bad for it so I told her no I wont kill it, grandpa will take it to the country.

So naturally I've been waiting for her to be gone so I can kill it

User avatar 103.DocZaius » Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:47 am

The stink is part of their defense mechanism, it lends authenticity to playing dead. They express the stink through glands near the anus.

themoreyouknow.gif

User avatar 104.MoralityULack » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:05 pm

Please dont kill me mister.

I want to be your daughters playmate

Trump got his deferments for the wrong thing. They shouldn't have been for his disappearing, imaginary bone spurs - they should have been for that yellow streak down his back. - Sen. Duckworth - Pilot who lost both legs in Iraq

User avatar 105.Cus » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:23 pm

Please dont kill me mister.

I want to be your daughters playmate

Hahahahaha!!!

User avatar 106.ufgators68 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:54 pm

That cheap? Winner.

I've been stalling because the kid feels bad for it so I told her no I wont kill it, grandpa will take it to the country.

So naturally I've been waiting for her to be gone so I can kill it
I guess. I didn't mine from walmart but they are usually on the same page as most retailers, if not cheaper.

107.Juggs » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:42 am

Critter still in the cage.

Cats food bowl was emptied and pushed around the porch again.

Fuck. Gotta get rid of this one and trap another.

108.52:20 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:47 pm

probably racoons in the area too

109.Juggs » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:02 pm

probably racoons in the area too
Never seen one around here. I'd bet on more possums. Theres a shit ton of them around here.

Unfortunately it appears neither the city or county do anything other than cats and dogs. Gotta pay for anything else to be removed.

Killing it is, the kid will just have to deal :lol:

User avatar 110.DocZaius » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:50 pm

Honestly, if you put cat food outside, it's going to attract animals. We used to have raccoons break through our pool screen when we left cat food outside (cat was indoors but would sometimes get out). We stopped leaving food, they stopped coming.

User avatar 111.evs' Boytoy » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:05 pm

Honestly, if you put cat food outside, it's going to attract animals. We used to have raccoons break through our pool screen when we left cat food outside (cat was indoors but would sometimes get out). We stopped leaving food, they stopped coming.
Correct.

And there are certainly coons in that neighborhood.

112.9508 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:08 pm

Correct.

And there are certainly coons in that neighborhood.
Racist

113.Juggs » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:14 pm

I've trapped possums and my last dog killed possums and armadillos in my back yard for years. I've had an outdoor cat for a few months.

Care to say again how I wouldn't have them if I didn't have a bowl of cat food outside?

114.9508 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:09 pm

At a minimum they wouldn’t be eating your cat food if it wasn’t outside.

115.shutout » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:10 pm

I've trapped possums and my last dog killed possums and armadillos in my back yard for years. I've had an outdoor cat for a few months.

Care to say again how I wouldn't have them if I didn't have a bowl of cat food outside?
You wouldn't give a shit about them if you didn't have cat food in the back yard.

116.PG. » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:13 pm

Had to copy this from blue's FB.

117.Juggs » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:13 pm

You wouldn't give a shit about them if you didn't have cat food in the back yard.
Depends. My chicken coup is completely secure, so that's safe. If it wasn't...

And possums can absolutely cause home damage, get into attics, etc.

I would absolutely care. It's just whether or not I knew they were there.

118.shutout » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:27 pm

119.9508 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:43 pm

120.Juggs » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:15 pm

:lol:

I'm considering adopting a dog in the near future. The critters will once again be killed or scared off. Although then the dog would eat the cat food, so I still have to do something about that :lol:

User avatar 121.Panamag8or » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:27 pm

:lol:

I'm considering adopting a dog in the near future. The critters will once again be killed or scared off. Although then the dog would eat the cat food, so I still have to do something about that :lol:
Elevate the cat food. We feed ours on top of the dryer. They can get up there... dogs can't.

122.Juggs » Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:40 pm

That was my next plan. I'll probably have to build a small table for it..don't think I have anything high enough a dog couldn't also reach. No biggie.

User avatar 123.MoralityULack » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:02 pm

A couple days ago I thought this was a no brainer - as in bash its brains in and put it in the trash.

But now that your daughter is attached to it, I think you should put some newspaper down in your car and dump it somewhere else. Even if its in an alley a mile away. And next time put it in the can before she sees it.
Trump got his deferments for the wrong thing. They shouldn't have been for his disappearing, imaginary bone spurs - they should have been for that yellow streak down his back. - Sen. Duckworth - Pilot who lost both legs in Iraq

124.Juggs » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:18 pm

She'll survive. I'm not raising no pansy. It's a opossum, not a dog or cat.

I still want bash it, but it's too scared to leave when I open it. And it's got a death grip on the back of the cage :lol:

Now I'm considering taping an old knife to a broom handle and stabbing it.

125.HG 2.0 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:36 pm

After my divorce, I went on a date with a girl that rescued opossum babies.....
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else