future locked political thread

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

601.evil gator » Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:10 pm

have we discussed how tommy Tuberville is leading the GOP polls for US senate?

https://www.bamapolitics.com/32935/poll ... in-second/

seems like it would be Byrne but I guess everyone still hates politicians, even bama fans

602.9508 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:17 pm

Fuck auburn

603.evil gator » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:20 pm

indeed

604.PG. » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:29 pm

We already did.

605.9508 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:30 pm

Honestly, Tuberville is ok I guess. But that the best the political field can produce? A former football coach and Roy Moore. Brutal.

We really need to change the approach to politics. Both in how we select and how we treat them.

606.evil gator » Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:36 pm

Honestly, Tuberville is ok I guess. But that the best the political field can produce? A former football coach and Roy Moore. Brutal.

We really need to change the approach to politics. Both in how we select and how we treat them.
Bradley byrne is an experienced and effective congressman; so of course no one wants to vote for him.

but agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Normal people need to vote in primaries for a start

User avatar 607.Panamag8or » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:39 pm

And....

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-j ... uf-1464152

FFS... let the guy come talk and draw a crowd of 39 people.
Apparently, the event is sold out.
Nice burn attempt, though.

608.Denver-Gator » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:41 pm

All the R's could come up with for President was a crappy reality TV star.

And the D's came up with a flawed old lady that didn't connect with their base.

Tuberville has gotta be better than that!!!

609.9508 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:42 pm

And....

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-j ... uf-1464152

FFS... let the guy come talk and draw a crowd of 39 people.
Apparently, the event is sold out.
Nice burn attempt, though.
Ok

610.9508 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:00 am

User avatar 611.RIP » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:11 am

Jesus.

612.Juggs » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:51 am

The closest I come to following the news these days is this thread and when I glance at the tv while at the gym. Saw tonight that hillary called trump an "illegitimate president"

She's still crying about losing :lol:

613.9508 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:53 am

The closest I come to following the news these days is this thread and when I glance at the tv while at the gym. Saw tonight that hillary called trump an "illegitimate president"

She's still crying about losing :lol:
Bout as much as y’all still cry about her.

614.Juggs » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:54 am

Find the last time I "cried" about hillary....

615.9508 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:10 am

Bud. Why ya bringing her up?

616.9508 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:13 am

617.GFY » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:02 am

618.lil numby » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:22 am

honest question - did you even read the article?

619.GFY » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:32 pm

honest question - did you even read the article?
Sure did.

620.Juggs » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:35 pm

I didnt. She was specifically brought up by Denver. I simply responded with what I saw on the news last night. It was relevant to Denver's post.

Care to try again?

621.9508 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:15 pm

I didnt. She was specifically brought up by Denver. I simply responded with what I saw on the news last night. It was relevant to Denver's post.

Care to try again?
Denver gave a summary of the 2016 election without mentioning Clinton by name.

There are numerous opportunities to discuss the President (behavior in the Ukraine call, asking China to investigate a political foe publicly, abandoning the most staunch anti ISIS allies (something the Russians appreciate)

Perhaps you’d rather discuss Nadler, Schiff or Pelosi (politicians that are currently giving ample opportunities for critics to make points)

AOC? She’s hot and gives at least one or two hot takes a day that are ripe for criticism.

Nope, you latch on to Hillary Clinton, private citizen, who was giving her option after being the target of the President two days ago as well...

So you can see why I perceive you political insight seems a bit oddly focused. But I’m wrong all the time.

622.evil gator » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:35 pm

OMG jugs cries about Hillary SO MUCH!!!

623.Juggs » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:40 pm

Care to try again?
Denver gave a summary of the 2016 election without mentioning Clinton by name.

There are numerous opportunities to discuss the President (behavior in the Ukraine call, asking China to investigate a political foe publicly, abandoning the most staunch anti ISIS allies (something the Russians appreciate)

Perhaps you’d rather discuss Nadler, Schiff or Pelosi (politicians that are currently giving ample opportunities for critics to make points)

AOC? She’s hot and gives at least one or two hot takes a day that are ripe for criticism.

Nope, you latch on to Hillary Clinton, private citizen, who was giving her option after being the target of the President two days ago as well...

So you can see why I perceive you political insight seems a bit oddly focused. But I’m wrong all the time.
When did you become such a whiny cunt?

So because Denver used adjectives instead of a name, he wasnt talking about her? I merely mentioned a piece I saw, briefly, on the news. It was relevant and I found it amusing.

Why didnt I mention anything else? Because as I very clearly said, I'm not following politics. Thus I obviously had nothing to say about any of that other shit. I didn't offer, nor even attempt to offer, any actual political insight.

624.evil gator » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:41 pm

why don't Ds focus their energy on Mitch McConnell?

625.9508 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 1:42 pm

why don't Ds focus their energy on Mitch McConnell?
That is a fantastic question. He’s really running the show.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else