future locked political thread

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

26.rampart » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:19 pm

Latest rumor I heard was that Trump was hesitant to hire him in the first place because he hated Bolton’s big bushy stash :lol:
Can't say I blame him. :lol:
Yeh, it’s not a good look

27.GFY » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:39 pm

Maybe Trumps cannot grow one so he cannot offer ‘stache rides to the ladies.

29.GFY » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:14 pm

30.52:20 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:02 pm

If you are going to run a criminal enterprise to defraud the government I would avoid naming the company hydra, H.I.V.E., Cobra or any of the other fictional criminals orgs.

31.9508 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 12:15 am

Fucking hell dude. That paper is run by a cult that licks trumps taint because they want to overthrow the Chinese government.

32.GFY » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:26 am

Fucking hell dude. That paper is run by a cult that licks trumps taint because they want to overthrow the Chinese government.
I guess quoting stats from BLS doesn’t fit your liberal narrative.

33.9508 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:24 am

I mean I knew the Catholics had their hooks in you but Falun Gong... geez

34.GFY » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:43 am

Yes. Basic statistics are slanted.

35.9508 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 9:39 am

The statistic is fine. The epoch times is a propaganda outlet for Falun Gong.

36.GFY » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:11 am

Huh?
Falun Gong is a modern qigong discipline combining slow-moving exercises and meditation with a moral philosophy centered on the tenets of truthfulness, compassion and tolerance. It was founded by Li Hongzhi, who introduced it to the public in May 1992 in Changchun, Jilin.

37.9508 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:14 am

Huh?
Falun Gong is a modern qigong discipline combining slow-moving exercises and meditation with a moral philosophy centered on the tenets of truthfulness, compassion and tolerance. It was founded by Li Hongzhi, who introduced it to the public in May 1992 in Changchun, Jilin.
Yeah, cults tend to have a positive view of themselves.

38.52:20 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:07 pm

:lol:

User avatar 39.DocZaius » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:41 pm

Falun Gong followers have been persecuted by the ChiComms for a long time now, with many members being imprisoned, put to death, tortured, etc. So I'm a little sympathetic to them.

But 9508 is right: the Epoch Times is their propaganda paper and for some reason, they love Trump.

40.GFY » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:03 pm

Not sure what has to do with the article because it quotes the labor stats with a link.

41.rampart » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:05 pm

Reb, did you just stumble upon this website when you googled trump is awesome or are you thinking of joining their group?

42.GFY » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:08 pm

Reb, did you just stumble upon this website when you googled trump is awesome or are you thinking of joining their group?
I was searching on unemployment stats.

I have a pivot table project

43.GFY » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:18 pm

This is laughable.
Nadler said Thursday the panel is “engaged in an investigation as to whether to launch an impeachment investigation into President Trump."
They need to investigate whether to investigate.

44.9508 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:18 pm

I’m gonna make one attempt here. And yes. I already regret it.

Propaganda sites do quote reputable information that they can use to support their POV. Because despite what the shrieking masses want to tell you, almost nothing is all good/bad. So even the worst people or situations have positives. The problem is that the sites/groups/whatever do this to show they can be trusted. Then you are likely to accept their BS without question later.

This is not a right left thing. It’s a propaganda thing.

This particular article is a word salad of numbers with no particular analysis. It’s almost a cut and paste of info you can find on the BLS site.

That’s because the epoch Times doesn’t have reporters per se. No ones digging or hunting for stories. They cut and paste a few things and spread their propaganda.

And to docs point, Falun Gong has been royally shit on by China, they absolutely have a reason to hate the government.

45.GFY » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:20 pm

But the article is about American jobs. :facepalm:

46.9508 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:25 pm

This is laughable.
Nadler said Thursday the panel is “engaged in an investigation as to whether to launch an impeachment investigation into President Trump."
You realize the pubs are currently investigating the investigation right?

User avatar 47.Denver-Gator » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:28 pm

This is laughable.
But reb cut and pasted a quote, so it's a fact and we can ignore everything else.

48.GFY » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:30 pm

This is laughable.

But reb cut and pasted a quote, so it's a fact and we can ignore everything else.
But that's exactly what you did with the CNN article.

User avatar 49.Denver-Gator » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:36 pm

But that's exactly what you did with the CNN article.
No, it isn't. I cut and pasted the CNN article and then added my commentary and opinion. Along with a disclaimer about it being an unnamed source.

You just pointed out that an investigation as to whether or not to conduct an investigation is kind of a stupid thing to do, refusing to acknowledge 9508's point that both parties do this type of thing.
Last edited by Denver-Gator on Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar 50.evs' Boytoy » Thu Sep 12, 2019 2:48 pm

:lol:
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else