I'm alive

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

26.evil gator » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:19 pm

Thanks for the update Juggs. hope everything works out for the best.

27.Tommy » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:32 pm

I’ve watched a number of folks who were hard core atheist, change into believing in some type of divine presence. Even the American Indians believed in a great spirit, many feel the need to define the undefinable

28.Juggs » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:39 pm

I’ve watched a number of folks who were hard core atheist, change into believing in some type of divine presence. Even the American Indians believed in a great spirit, many feel the need to define the undefinable
With my openly stating I was agnostic, if not borderline atheist these days (admittedly due to anger and self loathing), the counselor gave me a book. Rather clever at that, called "More Than Meets The Eye"....No, not about the Transformers. It ties the "miracles" of anatomy, science, the Universe, etc. into God.

I've long said that if anyone ever came close to "getting it right", it was the American Indian and similar ancients who worshiped Nature. Even if it was because they just wanted to explain away shit, it's better than most of the alternatives.

29.Tommy » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:13 pm

That’s the beauty of AA, there’s no one way, there’s many paths that lead to good recovery.

30.Juggs » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:17 pm

F'n hell there was a big miscommunication between my insurance company and the IOP, who was supposed to be handling all of that shit so I didn't have to worry about it.

I go for my "review" appt today. $450 is my copay. Per session. At 3x/week.

Fuck. That.

User avatar 31.RIP » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:20 pm

good ol american medical system.

32.Juggs » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:28 pm

Yep. I'm still not saying socialized medicine is the answer for America, but one thing I've learned from a lot of research on treatment centers and similar facilities is that there are A LOT of them. All over. But very few can actually afford them and most of them are private and don't accept any kind of insurance at all. It's acknowledging there's a serious problem, but only caring just enough to line pockets, not actually help people.

User avatar 33.Panamag8or » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:32 pm

Yep. I'm still not saying socialized medicine is the answer for America, but one thing I've learned from a lot of research on treatment centers and similar facilities is that there are A LOT of them. All over. But very few can actually afford them and most of them are private and don't accept any kind of insurance at all. It's acknowledging there's a serious problem, but only caring just enough to line pockets, not actually help people.
Yep, the one mrs. pan worked at is like that. $40k a month. Lots of famous people went there to dry out.

User avatar 34.RIP » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:43 pm

It's so shitty.

35.HG 2.0 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:56 pm

I’m just glad you are doing this.
You have a hard road, but you can make it happen.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else