Jabber/RIP

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.Juggs » Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:03 pm

Now this is nerdy :lol:

User avatar 2.evs' Boytoy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:19 pm

For those who have played the series for a while, this is usually known. He takes it a bit deeper with the Gestapo shit, but that's about the truth. Yet, Hammerfell continues to kick their ass. I think the lizards are still fighting against the during the events in Skyrim as well.

3.Juggs » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:31 pm

I've come across some Thalmor on the road "on business" a few times. Those assholes attack pretty easily :lol:

User avatar 4.evs' Boytoy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:55 pm

Once a character of mine is strong enough, I provoke a fight. Fuck em.

5.Juggs » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:31 pm

Oh I do, too. But then I do that to nearly everyone oops:

User avatar 6.evs' Boytoy » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:54 pm

Shit happens.

User avatar 7.Irish Mike » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:20 pm

:nerd: x Infinity

8.Gatorbuc22 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:02 am

I haven’t the heart to fight and kill Janessa, plus she’s carrying all my crap. :nerd:

User avatar 9.evs' Boytoy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:07 am

I haven’t the heart to fight and kill Janessa, plus she’s carrying all my crap. :nerd:
I am sworn to carry your burdens.

User avatar 10.RIP » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:55 am

I always sniped these fools and stole their shit.

User avatar 11.evs' Boytoy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 1:41 pm

For some reason, I read this as Lydia last night. Janessa is cool and has fairly solid dialogue. Plus she doesn't just ramble and she fits a stealth character nicely. Early meatshield for the younger character.

12.Juggs » Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:09 pm

Can't remember which one Janessa is :oops:

Question for nerdy Jabs. Who's the dwarf that's dead in the mines of the first LOTR? Is it someone from the War of the 5 Kings that I should remember? Like the cousin that rides in on the critter?

User avatar 13.evs' Boytoy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:01 pm

Balin. He was the white haired dwarf and older one of the group in The Hobbit. Ori and Oin are also in there and they were in the group of 12 in the Hobbit.

14.Juggs » Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:47 pm

Balin. He was the white haired dwarf and older one of the group in The Hobbit. Ori and Oin are also in there and they were in the group of 12 in the Hobbit.
I never could remember the names of them in the Hobbit. There was only 1 white haired, right? The old "wise" one who was really the lead dwarf aside from Oakenshield and tells his story, iirc.

Why were they all in Moria? Shouldn't they have stayed in the Lonely Mountain after they reclaimed it?

The kid from that video above does some on LOTR. Explaining the 5 wizards' origin, etc. Now I kinda want to read everyting :oops:

User avatar 15.evs' Boytoy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:46 pm

Moria was once a thriving city and the main city for dwarves. That's why there are the pillars in the middle of it and rooms, stairs....you get the idea. They mined mithril and gemstones and history says (and I think Gandolf touches on this while they're in there) they mined so deep that they woke up some great evil (Balrog). Balin lead the group back to Moria after the Battle of the Five Armies because the whole reason the dwarves returned was to reclaim their homes. I can't remember for certain, but Balin may be from Moria.

When they fled after realizing they couldn't defeat the Balrog (The Balrog killed Durin V or VI and became known as Durin's Bane), they fled to the Lonely Mountain and established a new home. Lonely Mountain is where the Battle of Five Armies happened.

If you want a good place to start for reading, and there is a ton of history available, start with The Silmarillion.

16.Gatorbuc22 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:51 pm

For some reason, I read this as Lydia last night. Janessa is cool and has fairly solid dialogue. Plus she doesn't just ramble and she fits a stealth character nicely. Early meatshield for the younger character.
Yea, Lydia got torched by a dragon. She dead. I’ve been replying it, started over and only at level 24 or so. Easy time killer when bored.

User avatar 17.ufgators68 » Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:53 pm

Moria was once a thriving city and the main city for dwarves. That's why there are the pillars in the middle of it and rooms, stairs....you get the idea. They mined mithril and gemstones and history says (and I think Gandolf touches on this while they're in there) they mined so deep that they woke up some great evil (Balrog). Balin lead the group back to Moria after the Battle of the Five Armies because the whole reason the dwarves returned was to reclaim their homes. I can't remember for certain, but Balin may be from Moria.

When they fled after realizing they couldn't defeat the Balrog (The Balrog killed Durin V or VI and became known as Durin's Bane), they fled to the Lonely Mountain and established a new home. Lonely Mountain is where the Battle of Five Armies happened.

If you want a good place to start for reading, and there is a ton of history available, start with The Silmarillion.
How the fuck do you remember all that?

User avatar 18.Cus » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:02 pm

He reads something besides gun sale papers.

The movies also talked about what happened in Moria and The Silmarillion talks about it even more. That book even explains how Balrogs came about. Even though Saruman mentions it in the movies most people still don't know that Orcs came from Elves.

User avatar 19.evs' Boytoy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:12 pm

That's just general shit. There's way more detail, such as the war with Sauron where the Elves and Dwarves fought together. The dwarves actually helped the elves before they were destroyed by Sauron's armies. The elves were the dwarves neighbors, but were force out of their home during that war. That's when Elron led the elves and established Rivendell several thousand years before The Hobbit.

20.Juggs » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:21 pm

Yea, Lydia got torched by a dragon. She dead. I’ve been replying it, started over and only at level 24 or so. Easy time killer when bored.
Iirc,.lydia can't die. She's the first follower. She'll get on one knee when out of life, but she recovers.

21.Juggs » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:22 pm

He reads something besides gun sale papers.

The movies also talked about what happened in Moria and The Silmarillion talks about it even more. That book even explains how Balrogs came about. Even though Saruman mentions it in the movies most people still don't know that Orcs came from Elves.
Yeah I remember that stuff since it was explicitly said. Some pieces you have to connect the dots if you don't read the books.

User avatar 22.evs' Boytoy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:52 pm

Iirc,.lydia can't die. She's the first follower. She'll get on one knee when out of life, but she recovers.
She can die. There are mods to make her essential, but she can die as a vanilla character.

23.Juggs » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:36 pm

Hmmm. For some reason I didnt think she could. Or I never lost her. And how did I not with my rush in and fight? :lol:

User avatar 24.evs' Boytoy » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:40 pm

She isn't easy to kill. At least not by NPCs because they don't focus on her once she takes a knee. That's what makes her such a great meat shield early on.

25.Gatorbuc22 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:29 am

Yeah. Idk what happened to her, it was during the mission at the college and between a dragon and attacking mages she ended up a pile of ash. Of course I saved after the chaos and didn’t really want to do it over to save her. Jenassa still going strong! I hope they don’t royally fuck up the new elder scrolls, whenever that happens
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else