PG

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.MoralityULack » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:00 pm

Trump got his deferments for the wrong thing. They shouldn't have been for his disappearing, imaginary bone spurs - they should have been for that yellow streak down his back. - Sen. Duckworth - Pilot who lost both legs in Iraq

2.GFY » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:07 pm

Saw that earlier this week. Some scary shit right there.

User avatar 3.MoralityULack » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:11 pm

Yeah it was a few days ago but I was at my client and couldn't post it.
Trump got his deferments for the wrong thing. They shouldn't have been for his disappearing, imaginary bone spurs - they should have been for that yellow streak down his back. - Sen. Duckworth - Pilot who lost both legs in Iraq

User avatar 4.RIP » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:14 pm

Whoa

5.PG. » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:20 pm

Yes. Somebody is buying new electronics at the least.

I have often wondered why it isn't more common. Cruising through tstorms with a 60 foot metal stick pointing up in the air lol.

User avatar 6.MoralityULack » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:29 pm

I was told it is grounded and goes straight through to the keel. Once upon a time, I found it acceptable that I probably would not die if it happened. But looking at this, I am thinking it would be quite detrimental to your hearing, vision, skin, heart and just about everything else to be standing 10 feet from that that transmission.

7.PG. » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:01 pm

Yeah...I know all the through hulls are connected to the metal in the boat to provide a route to the water.

I have met two persons whose boats were hit and both had to replace all their electronics but that was it.

User avatar 8.MoralityULack » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:08 pm

Yeah...I know all the through hulls are connected to the metal in the boat to provide a route to the water.

I have met two persons whose boats were hit and both had to replace all their electronics but that was it.
Were they at the wheel when it happened?

9.PG. » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:47 pm

No. One was asleep below at anchor. The other was not on board (marina).

User avatar 10.MoralityULack » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:50 pm

That must have been quite an alarm.

11.PG. » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:52 pm

He said his dog hasn't been the same since.

12.GFY » Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:33 pm

I saw the story on the news the other night and the owner said the boat was a total loss.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else