RIP, MAD Magazine

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

26.Juggs » Tue Jul 09, 2019 3:53 pm

So watch something else.

It’s called the free market ya’ll don’t support em and they’ll rot on the vine.

Fucks sake, there are like 4 million channels now, plus on demand streaming. Go find something that supports your political views and watch it.
That's the point, as I said...I don't want to watch or listen to anything that supports politics that's not intended solely for politics.

Its a sad indictment of society today that people have politicized EVERYTHING

27.evil gator » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:13 pm

So watch something else.

It’s called the free market ya’ll don’t support em and they’ll rot on the vine.

Fucks sake, there are like 4 million channels now, plus on demand streaming. Go find something that supports your political views and watch it.
That's the point, as I said...I don't want to watch or listen to anything that supports politics that's not intended solely for politics.

Its a sad indictment of society today that people have politicized EVERYTHING
agreed.

28.9508 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:50 pm

Nonsense. Find a show out there that lacks some sort of political slant. What you are saying here is, I want to watch stuff that fits my political sensibilities.

Which is fine.

User avatar 29.angrigator » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:02 pm

Nonsense. Find a show out there that lacks some sort of political slant. What you are saying here is, I want to watch stuff that fits my political sensibilities.

Which is fine.
I think those duck guys might still be on tv. :beatsme:

30.evil gator » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:26 pm

Which is fine.
we're not talking about just shows, but sports too. Sure there is sometimes a slant but its far more prevalent now than it has been in the past.

31.9508 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:27 pm

Which is fine.
we're not talking about just shows, but sports too. Sure there is sometimes a slant but its far more prevalent now than it has been in the past.
Or, politics have become more slanted and extreme and as such are reflected in shows.

32.evil gator » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:30 pm

Which is fine.
Or, politics have become more slanted and extreme and as such are reflected in shows.
sure its a bit of both. It used to be you could just avoid the news. Now its on every talk show, most comedy shows, sports, etc. What if I just want to laugh about something stupid and not hear someone's opinion, particularly something they are too dumb to have a reasonable opinion on?

33.9508 » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:36 pm

sure its a bit of both. It used to be you could just avoid the news. Now its on every talk show, most comedy shows, sports, etc. What if I just want to laugh about something stupid and not hear someone's opinion, particularly something they are too dumb to have a reasonable opinion on?
Then turn off Fox News.
:rimshot:

Seriously, Hulu up. Watch letterkenny.

34.evil gator » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:48 pm

Then turn off Fox News.

oh yeah 99% of the time I'm watching period dramas, often those I've seen already.

35.Juggs » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:15 pm

Then turn off Fox News.

oh yeah 99% of the time I'm watching period dramas, often those I've seen already.
Same. I've rewatched Sons of anarchy, Lost, Supernatural, Sopranod, Deadwood, and a few others more times than I can count. Because everything on now sucks.

36.evil gator » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:10 pm

Then turn off Fox News.

Same. I've rewatched Sons of anarchy, Lost, Supernatural, Sopranod, Deadwood, and a few others more times than I can count. Because everything on now sucks.
my husband caught me watching Black Sails for the umpteenth time this weekend, but it never fails me

37.Juggs » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:20 pm

I've watched that a couple times as well :lol:
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else