Next Door

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 26.Cus » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:57 pm

I'm on NextDoor, but there's not much action. Lots of "can anyone recommend a good handyman" type posts and ads by local real estate agents.

Every once in a while, someone loses a dog or a cat.
Tell them to check Jugg's trap.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

We had a relative that trapped bobcats and foxes to run his hounds with. It was a box trap with a live chicken in a separate cage. He put a trap on our property and caught a few bobcats and our dog weekly.
I bet a bobcat in a live trap is one pissed off animal.

User avatar 27.MoralityULack » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:09 pm

Tell them to check Jugg's trap.

We had a relative that trapped bobcats and foxes to run his hounds with. It was a box trap with a live chicken in a separate cage. He put a trap on our property and caught a few bobcats and our dog weekly.
Yes.

But, imagine the mental state of the chicken that spends a couple days a week within a foot of a hungry pissed off bobcat separated only by chicken wire.
Trump got his deferments for the wrong thing. They shouldn't have been for his disappearing, imaginary bone spurs - they should have been for that yellow streak down his back. - Sen. Duckworth - Pilot who lost both legs in Iraq

28.Juggs » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:00 pm

Yes.

But, imagine the mental state of the chicken that spends a couple days a week within a foot of a hungry pissed off bobcat separated only by chicken wire.
I've seen chickens literally scared to death by a fox that didn't get in the coop. I can't imagine being trapped with a bobcat and surviving.

User avatar 29.Cus » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:08 pm

Yes.

Off topic but I bought a couple of JJ Cale songs the other day. Not bad.

User avatar 30.angrigator » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:37 pm

Yes.

JJ Cale is great.

User avatar 31.evs' Boytoy » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:50 pm

Sounds like hipster lettuce.

User avatar 32.angrigator » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:53 pm

Sounds like hipster lettuce.
Wrote a lot.

User avatar 33.MoralityULack » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:59 pm

Yes.

I dated a girl when I first went to UF who was a big fan. I had no idea all those Clapton, Santana, Skynyrd etc songs were his. I have Naturally his first album (Call Me The Breeze, Magnolia, After Midnight, Crazy Mama),Troubador (Cocaine, Travelin Light, Ride Me High) , 5 (Ill Make Love To You, Sensative Kind, Dont Cry Sister, Boilin Pot, Friday) and Okie (Not quite as good but has Same old blues and Cajun Moon which I think is his best song)

He just turned out albums like demos and lived off the royalties when superstars covered them. I think I was aware of him touring once.
Trump got his deferments for the wrong thing. They shouldn't have been for his disappearing, imaginary bone spurs - they should have been for that yellow streak down his back. - Sen. Duckworth - Pilot who lost both legs in Iraq

User avatar 34.DocZaius » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:09 am

Seriously, Linda.

User avatar 35.Cus » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:29 am

Yes.

I dated a girl when I first went to UF who was a big fan. I had no idea all those Clapton, Santana, Skynyrd etc songs were his. I have Naturally his first album (Call Me The Breeze, Magnolia, After Midnight, Crazy Mama),Troubador (Cocaine, Travelin Light, Ride Me High) , 5 (Ill Make Love To You, Sensative Kind, Dont Cry Sister, Boilin Pot, Friday) and Okie (Not quite as good but has Same old blues and Cajun Moon which I think is his best song)

He just turned out albums like demos and lived off the royalties when superstars covered them. I think I was aware of him touring once.
I knew Cocaine was his but not the others until I started researching him. I got After Midnight too.

36.evil gator » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:31 pm

so I signed up just to see what the fuss was about, had to sign my life away and its just people selling old chairs

User avatar 37.Panamag8or » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:38 pm

so I signed up just to see what the fuss was about, had to sign my life away and its just people selling old chairs
Your complex's bulletin board is much better.

38.evil gator » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:41 pm

Your complex's bulletin board is much better.
agreed! Someone continues to complain about a garlic odor in the hallway from a neighbors cooking

39.evil gator » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:53 pm

the title of the thread was "Ongoing Garlic Saga" pretty sure I'm the only person reading it

40.evil gator » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:28 pm

OK here's where its worth it

Lots of cops!
Does anyone know what’s going on at the intersection of Huntington and richmond Highway and the Parkway? I see LOTS of cops and traffic. Curious to know! Can’t make out what’s going on from where I am.

41.evil gator » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:29 pm

and the wonderful ring pictures

Strange man walking into our backyard gate
7:27am on 9/3/19- saw this man walking into our side gate, does anyone recognize him? He went through our back to leave

Person 1
Hair: Shaved head
Top: Has a hand tattoo on left hand
Bottom: Patterned shorts

User avatar 42.Panamag8or » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:43 pm

Lots of cops!
Does anyone know what’s going on at the intersection of Huntington and richmond Highway and the Parkway? I see LOTS of cops and traffic. Curious to know! Can’t make out what’s going on from where I am.
I'm in a facebook group (ocala police scanner), and it is all posts like that.
"Why is the helicopter fying over my neighborhood"?
"Why are there cops in the shores"? (Hint: that's where all the meth is)
"Why is the forensics van at the jiffy store"? (Hint: they take fingerprints... no one died)
And of course, copious prayers for car accidents.

43.evil gator » Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:47 pm

Lots of cops!
I'm in a facebook group (ocala police scanner), and it is all posts like that.
"Why is the helicopter fying over my neighborhood"?
"Why are there cops in the shores"? (Hint: that's where all the meth is)
"Why is the forensics van at the jiffy store"? (Hint: they take fingerprints... no one died)
And of course, copious prayers for car accidents.
hahaha

User avatar 44.RIP » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:02 pm

I did get useful info there once. I keep hearing repeated gunshots behind my neighborhood and Nextdoor informed me there is a police shooting range back there.

45.evil gator » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:03 pm

I did get useful info there once. I keep hearing repeated gunshots behind my neighborhood and Nextdoor informed me there is a police shooting range back there.
I used to get that from twitter :-(

My boss' husband is a cop the next town over so I usually get deets that way now.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else