Next Door

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.Juggs » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:25 pm

Has anybody heard of this? It's a FB style situation for neighborhoods. Somehow I got signed up for it the other day...while I was asleep. It was odd, but I've looked at it off and on.

Today's giant facepalm comes from a post from a guy in Springtree subdivision (on 39th). He's going on and on about fireworks should be left to the professionals and he didn't sign up for having his animals go nuts all night. He believes that civilians doing fireworks is illegal and if he sees you in his neighborhood, he's calling the cops on you.

My response: I don't bother with them and sure, it's annoying to hear the dogs go nuts all night. That said, remove the stick from your ass. It's 1 or 2 days a year. Quit whining and suck it up, nancy. Some of you people are just insufferable human beings.

User avatar 2.RIP » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:30 pm

New job: Coming Soon!

3.PG. » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:33 pm

Been on it a couple of years. Like all social media it's turned into a bunch of ads and a bunch of people bitching about stuff in their neighborhood.

4.Juggs » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:24 pm

Been on it a couple of years. Like all social media it's turned into a bunch of ads and a bunch of people bitching about stuff in their neighborhood.
The type of people who make a HOA a complete pain in the ass.

User avatar 5.MoralityULack » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:16 pm

Seriously, did you learn nothing from the Publix meltdown?

The moral of the story was to stop telling anyone - except maybe TGB - what you think.

They have had it here for several decades. Stupid people saying stupid things. The temptation to correct them is too great. I don't even look at it. I have posted exactly the same thing there as I posted on twitter and facebook. Nothing.
Trump got his deferments for the wrong thing. They shouldn't have been for his disappearing, imaginary bone spurs - they should have been for that yellow streak down his back. - Sen. Duckworth - Pilot who lost both legs in Iraq

6.Tommy » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:58 am

I gave up on social media, too much stupid. I frequent one place where good (mostly) people say stupid shit, but its sometimes entertaining

7.Juggs » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:44 pm

Like VD can't quit TGB, I can't entirely quit social media :lol:

But the same amount or more of people have agreed with me or "thanked" my post as those crotchey cunts who want to call the cops on anyone who sets off a fire cracker because all professionals should handle "pyrotechnics".

8.Denver-Gator » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:01 pm

But the same amount or more of people have agreed with me or "thanked" my post as those crotchey cunts who want to call the cops on anyone who sets off a fire cracker because all professionals should handle "pyrotechnics".
Yet, a cyclist who doesn't pay attention to every rule of the road should die.

9.Juggs » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:24 pm

Yet, a cyclist who doesn't pay attention to every rule of the road should die.
If you run a red light to make a left hand turn through a busy intersection, you're god damn right.

User avatar 10.Irish Mike » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:54 pm

Should might not be the right word.

Not even "deserved".

Maybe "earned"?

11.Juggs » Sun Jun 30, 2019 11:00 pm

Should might not be the right word.

Not even "deserved".

Maybe "earned"?
Fair.

And I wouldn't give 2 shits.

12.Supes44444 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:15 pm

Social media. I rarely touch it anymore. Tired of seeing people always complaining about shit. I will occasion look at Instagram but I have almost quit facebook entirely. Hell, I have someone post shit on my FB business page daily since I'm sick of it all.

13.Supes44444 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:16 pm

And right after I posted that, I received an email to tell me that I could get more likes on my posts. wtf...ugh.

User avatar 14.Panamag8or » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:18 pm

Social media. I rarely touch it anymore. Tired of seeing people always complaining about shit. I will occasion look at Instagram but I have almost quit facebook entirely. Hell, I have someone post shit on my FB business page daily since I'm sick of it all.
Whoever is posting to your business fb is the person our fb thread was meant to mock.

User avatar 15.DocZaius » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:31 pm

I'm on NextDoor, but there's not much action. Lots of "can anyone recommend a good handyman" type posts and ads by local real estate agents.

Every once in a while, someone loses a dog or a cat.

16.PG. » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:17 pm

My favorite next door threads:

My ring doorbell caught this guy casing my house.

Why do you think that? Because he's black?

And then 2 pages of whether he was a threat or not.

User avatar 17.RIP » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:25 pm

Lately mine has been littered with dead snakes falsely identified as venomous.

User avatar 18.DocZaius » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:35 pm

User avatar 19.DocZaius » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:36 pm

User avatar 20.Cus » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:40 pm

I'm on NextDoor, but there's not much action. Lots of "can anyone recommend a good handyman" type posts and ads by local real estate agents.

Tell them to check Jugg's trap.

User avatar 21.RIP » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:51 pm

I love next door.

22.evil gator » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:54 pm

ha I have never used it, I can only imagine what fuckwads people are here, I mean they are suing over a halal butchery in an industrial area because of the poor chickens

23.Juggs » Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:54 pm

Hahahaha

User avatar 24.MoralityULack » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:25 pm

Tell them to check Jugg's trap.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

We had a relative that trapped bobcats and foxes to run his hounds with. It was a box trap with a live chicken in a separate cage. He put a trap on our property and caught a few bobcats and our dog weekly.
Trump got his deferments for the wrong thing. They shouldn't have been for his disappearing, imaginary bone spurs - they should have been for that yellow streak down his back. - Sen. Duckworth - Pilot who lost both legs in Iraq

25.lil numby » Tue Oct 08, 2019 3:46 pm

nd1.jpg
nd1.jpg (6.6 KiB) Viewed 119 times

Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else