Breckenridge Bourbon

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.MoralityULack » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:20 pm

Damn good! I have read good things about it but have not had good experience with "craft" whiskey. I decided to give it a try today. It is really excellent. It is no Stagg if you are looking for a punch in the mouth. It is only at 86 proof, but it is super smooth. One of the smoothest bourbons I have tried. Almost too drinkable. High rye which I like. It has a hint of mint because of that. Spicy, sweet, gingerbreadish. Highly recommended.
Trump got his deferments for the wrong thing. They shouldn't have been for his disappearing, imaginary bone spurs - they should have been for that yellow streak down his back. - Sen. Duckworth - Pilot who lost both legs in Iraq

User avatar 2.evs' Boytoy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:23 pm

I need to pick some up and thought "what the hell?" It's available 90 minutes away. ROAD TRIP!

User avatar 3.Denver-Gator » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:51 pm

I need to pick some up and thought "what the hell?" It's available 90 minutes away. ROAD TRIP!
You live 90 minutes from Breck?

User avatar 4.Denver-Gator » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:51 pm

User avatar 5.MoralityULack » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:55 pm

I thought I would buy myself a treat to help deal with the trauma of working. I went scouting liquor stores and became paralyzed deciding on something expensive. So I just got this instead. It was available at 4 places within 2 miles of my house. :beatsme:
Trump got his deferments for the wrong thing. They shouldn't have been for his disappearing, imaginary bone spurs - they should have been for that yellow streak down his back. - Sen. Duckworth - Pilot who lost both legs in Iraq

User avatar 6.evs' Boytoy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:57 pm

No. I searched for where/if it is available near me. There is some shop that the interweb says has it and it's 90 minutes away.

User avatar 7.Denver-Gator » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:02 pm

I thought I would buy myself a treat to help deal with the trauma of working. I went scouting liquor stores and became paralyzed deciding on something expensive. So I just got this instead. It was available at 4 places within 2 miles of my house. :beatsme:
I remember being admonished a few years back on TGB for touting Colorado whiskey. We've got a few decent brands now.

User avatar 8.evs' Boytoy » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:07 pm

I remember being admonished a few years back on TGB for touting Colorado whiskey. We've got a few decent brands now.
Oh, this is a Colorado whiskey? Never mind then. :lol:

User avatar 9.Panamag8or » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:38 am

Oh, this is a Colorado whiskey? Never mind then. :lol:
Might have weed in it, though.

User avatar 10.MoralityULack » Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:53 pm

I think Stranahan's is competitive with what you might find in a run of the mill bar. I think the Breckenridge could be compared with the best you can actually buy in store and some you can only get on the black market. I hear Laws makes a good rye too. I will give that a try now that I have bought a craft whiskey that doesn't suck.

Actually High West in Park City is a craft distiller that has made great rye for a long time. But for the good stuff they were just blending only big distillers off the shelf products - until recently. While amazing they can take 4 bottles of shit and make a gem it isnt the same. Now they have a bigger distillery and they are using more of their own products and using other brands to enhance.

User avatar 11.angrigator » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:33 pm

:yawn:

12.Supes44444 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:21 am

Bought some Breckinridge yesterday. Not bad.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else