General food thread and produce update

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.evil gator » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:23 pm

Have you tried Trader Joe's "Everything but the Bagel" seasoning blend? Its the best-I put it on almost everything, having it on a salad right now.

I was talking with a seller at a farmer's market Saturday and after showing great taste by complimenting my top and necklace, he noted that cherries were really hard to get this year because china will pay $15 a pound for them so everyone is shipping theirs away. As I think I mentioned I can eat my own weight in cherries so this is so disappointing! Sure enough I got some at Aldi and had to throw about 1/4 of the cherries out as they were smushed or just gross. Fucking China.

User avatar 2.Panamag8or » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:25 pm

Yes, it's awesome on buttered toast.

Aldi produce sucks, Don't care.

3.evil gator » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:29 pm

its not just aldi, I had some good cherries from Harris Teeter a few weeks ago, but since then they've been subpar from Giant, Safeway, Harris Teeter and Aldi - don't think they even had them at Trader Joes last time I checked.

4.9508 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:34 pm

Got some cherries at the farmers market near me last weekend (from Virginia ironically) they were fantastic.

5.evil gator » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:34 pm

Got some cherries at the farmers market near me last weekend (from Virginia ironically) they were fantastic.
fuck the chinese and you for keeping me from my cherries!!!

6.evil gator » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:35 pm

oh even Whole Foods cherries haven't been that good.

User avatar 7.Cus » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:59 pm

Have you tried Trader Joe's "Everything but the Bagel" seasoning blend? Its the best-I put it on almost everything, having it on a salad right now.

I was talking with a seller at a farmer's market Saturday and after showing great taste by complimenting my top and necklace,
You show him your casabas?

8.evil gator » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:00 pm

I was talking with a seller at a farmer's market Saturday and after showing great taste by complimenting my top and necklace,
:evil:

User avatar 9.RIP » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:16 pm

I'm not really a fan of cherries.

User avatar 10.Cus » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:30 pm

:evil:
Eh, the only thing that separates that from a Reb post is the use of "casabas". He's never that subtle.

11.PG. » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:44 pm

I buy california sequoia cherries from publix. Love them but wish they came pitless.

12.Fishon » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:18 pm

I initially read the title as "food thread and populace update" and assumed this would be much more dire
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else