Attn: venture capitalists

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.DocZaius » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:25 pm

Have I got a startup for you!

2.evil gator » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:27 pm

people here are crapping themselves over scooters, I can only imagine what they will do over this.

though anything that takes a car off the road is fine by me.

User avatar 3.Irish Mike » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:30 pm

My kids got a pogo stick years back. My fat ass tried it and nearly broke my hip.

User avatar 4.ufgators68 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:32 pm

Not sure how a pogo stick would react to hitting poop. I hope they have slip resistant ends.

User avatar 5.MoralityULack » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:37 pm

I wouldn't laugh. It might work judging by scootermania.

Those damn scooters are everywhere here. A dozen companies. Theres at least half a dozen on every corner. Theres several on every block even in the neighborhoods. People cant go two blocks without a scooter now. Kids, drunks, couples, racing, people trying tricks. They cant stop. They drive on the roads to clog traffic and but mostly drive people off crowded sidewalks and run over pedestrians .

Its a good idea on paper but there are no rules and its just chaos. The inevitable carnage is piling up too.
Last edited by MoralityULack on Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trump got his deferments for the wrong thing. They shouldn't have been for his disappearing, imaginary bone spurs - they should have been for that yellow streak down his back. - Sen. Duckworth - Pilot who lost both legs in Iraq

6.evil gator » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:42 pm

do you actually walk around or did you once see one on a sidewalk and are basing your dumb opinion on that? Because the anti-scooter people here complain about the "poor pedestrians" but I don't own a car and the scooters are way less of a danger than cars (and the drivers complaining about scooters). It was a bit chaotic to start with but they are getting better about leaving them out of the walkway here. I would rather the drivers who bitch and moan about scooters pay more attention to pedestrians and not try to hit me in the crosswalk constantly. its the same as people who bitch about cyclists.

plenty of studies show they reduce car usage which helps the environment in terms of emissions/local and federal air quality. I love the environment so I love them.

old people just like to complain about new stuff I guess.

User avatar 7.MoralityULack » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:01 pm

do you actually walk around or did you once see one on a sidewalk and are basing your dumb opinion on that? Because the anti-scooter people here complain about the "poor pedestrians" but I don't own a car and the scooters are way less of a danger than cars (and the drivers complaining about scooters). It was a bit chaotic to start with but they are getting better about leaving them out of the walkway here. I would rather the drivers who bitch and moan about scooters pay more attention to pedestrians and not try to hit me in the crosswalk constantly. its the same as people who bitch about cyclists.

plenty of studies show they reduce car usage which helps the environment in terms of emissions/local and federal air quality. I love the environment so I love them.

old people just like to complain about new stuff I guess.

I walk about 2-3 miles almost every day through my residential neighborhood and on busy streets. Several times a week I do it twice a day. The average number of scooters to avoid on sidewalks is probably 40-50 per trip. At busier times when theres maybe 200-300 people per block people are jumping out of the way because the scooter riders cant maneuver around people or stop. I probably see a total wipeout a week.

A recent survey was done with 200 Austin of scooter riders who were treated at the emergency room in a quarter. One third of scooter RIDERS were hospitalized by crashes on sidewalks. Maybe more because some wont say thats where they were. Pedestrian victims were not surveyed. Of the riders injured 48% had brain injuries.
Trump got his deferments for the wrong thing. They shouldn't have been for his disappearing, imaginary bone spurs - they should have been for that yellow streak down his back. - Sen. Duckworth - Pilot who lost both legs in Iraq

8.evil gator » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:05 pm

yeah i'm not surprised scooter riders get hurt.

40-50 lol. My walk home here is 2 miles and I maybe see 40-50 but they aren't blocking anything.

as a pedestrian I would 100% rather get hit by a scooter or bike or pogo stick than a car, and I have to dodge cars way more often. A real pedestrian would realize who the real enemy is.

User avatar 9.MoralityULack » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:22 pm

40-50 lol. My walk home here is 2 miles and I maybe see 40-50 but they aren't blocking anything.

as a pedestrian I would 100% rather get hit by a scooter or bike or pogo stick than a car, and I have to dodge cars way more often. A real pedestrian would realize who the real enemy is.
Im not talking about 40 or 50 PARKED on the sidewalk. There are probably 40 total if you count all corners of any given retail intersection. Mildly annoying to have to throw them out of your driveway, but that not the point.

Im talking about 40-50 flying down just my side of the sidewalks at 25 mph in and around pedestrians per walk. Even when pedestrians are thin the people cant drive them and weave everywhere. On packed streets they need to be clotheslined.

Thats not counting the ones on the street acting as you say like - cyclists. Blowing through stop signs and red lights. flying through pedestrians trying to cross. I would guess that 50+% ride on sidewalks though.

You have to look for cars every hundred yards or so. Scooters can run people down from behind anywhere and everywhere.

10.52:20 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:32 pm

Just wait till one gets on your lawn!!!!

11.9508 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:41 pm

I would love to see people on pogo sticks bouncing to work.

User avatar 12.Denver-Gator » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:44 pm

I would love to see people on pogo sticks bouncing to work.

13.9508 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:49 pm

You trying to draw Reb into this?

14.PG. » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:03 pm

Haha. Isnt that the episode where Kyle's dad sticks his balls in the microwave to get testicular cancer so he can get medical weed?

User avatar 16.RIP » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:06 pm

dumb

17.evil gator » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:15 pm

Im not talking about 40 or 50 PARKED on the sidewalk. There are probably 40 total if you count all corners of any given retail intersection. Mildly annoying to have to throw them out of your driveway, but that not the point.

Im talking about 40-50 flying down just my side of the sidewalks at 25 mph in and around pedestrians per walk. Even when pedestrians are thin the people cant drive them and weave everywhere. On packed streets they need to be clotheslined.

Thats not counting the ones on the street acting as you say like - cyclists. Blowing through stop signs and red lights. flying through pedestrians trying to cross. I would guess that 50+% ride on sidewalks though.

You have to look for cars every hundred yards or so. Scooters can run people down from behind anywhere and everywhere.
written by someone who drives everywhere: expanding every cyclist or scooter violation without noting all of the times cars cause wrecks and kill people because they are blowing through lights, blocking crosswalks and intersections and bike lanes, etc etc.

18.9508 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:35 pm

A cat would have a field day with that

19.evil gator » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:51 pm

I do get the scotts without the tube because it lasts forever

20.GFY » Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:41 pm

NSFW
SpoilerShow
Abortion has never about "choice" It's about escaping the consequences of your choices by taking all choices away from another human being.

21.Supes44444 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:59 pm

It would be amazing watching people go to work on pogo sticks. The daily memes. The daily people bouncing into the bushes or such. YES! Bring it on.

22.evil gator » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:40 pm

It would be amazing watching people go to work on pogo sticks. The daily memes. The daily people bouncing into the bushes or such. YES! Bring it on.
and just think of the injuries you can sue over!

23.Supes44444 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:54 pm

and just think of the injuries you can sue over!
Naahhhhh. I just prefer to watch the potential carnage and laugh.

User avatar 24.MoralityULack » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:37 pm

written by someone who drives everywhere: expanding every cyclist or scooter violation without noting all of the times cars cause wrecks and kill people because they are blowing through lights, blocking crosswalks and intersections and bike lanes, etc etc.
You ignorant lying Nazi POS. I live 8 blocks from the one of the busiest entertainment districts in Austin for a reason. We walk everywhere. And always have. I didnt even have a car for about 8 years here. I had to get one to go to Houston for work more. We lived in midtown Manhattan (Twice). Four blocks from Pearl Street in Boulder. On Decatur in the French Quarter. We lived within sight of the Pacific in Newport Beach. Within 6 blocks from the Temple in Salt Lake (Twice). We lived in midtown Houston which is a pedestrian area within walking distance of downtown.

READ THE FUCKING POST. There was a study that at least a third of scooter riders ADMIT getting injured riding on crowded sidewalks.

ITS NOT ABOUT WHAT THE MOTHERFUCKERS DO IN THE STREET. Its what they do on the sidewalks. WHERE MOST RIDE.

God you are dense POS. No wonder you feel the need to submit and be taken care of. You cant fucking function as an individual.

User avatar 25.evs' Boytoy » Fri Jun 07, 2019 4:43 pm

Calm down, nancy.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else