NEW Commute/work/bitch thread

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

576.Juggs » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:56 am

Don't take too much 5 htp at once or you will get one hell of a case of diarrhea. I thought my wife poisoned me :lol:
:lol

So it didn't help huh? What's funny is I read about all these things that should help and then read reviews and people claim it helped immediately. uhhhh, no. It doesn't work in one hour then first night :lol:

User avatar 577.RIP » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:35 pm

Don't take too much 5 htp at once or you will get one hell of a case of diarrhea. I thought my wife poisoned me :lol:

So it didn't help huh? What's funny is I read about all these things that should help and then read reviews and people claim it helped immediately. uhhhh, no. It doesn't work in one hour then first night :lol:
I think it's one of those things you have to take regularly. I swear all these people that get immediate relief are just susceptible to placebo (which I am definitely not).

User avatar 578.ufgators68 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:43 pm

I went to bed at 11:00, last night, and slept like the dead until 5:00. :teef:

579.Juggs » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:00 pm

I think it's one of those things you have to take regularly. I swear all these people that get immediate relief are just susceptible to placebo (which I am definitely not).
Yes it is. From what I've read, it takes near a week for it to actually work. Just another reason a lot of reviews on Amazon on pure shit. People are too dumb.

User avatar 580.DocZaius » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:00 pm

EG having a bad day?
nsfwShow

581.evil gator » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:19 pm

hahahhaa in fairness its been really hot

also you guys LOVE to post twitter so I have to go there for it to tell me I'm banned

User avatar 582.ufgators68 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:22 pm

also you guys LOVE to post twitter so I have to go there for it to tell me I'm banned
Sorry but twitter is what's happening. :beatsme:

583.evil gator » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:23 pm

I know :dc:

User avatar 584.Irish Mike » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:44 pm

I know :dc:
Pay for a premium TGB email address and name a new account.

585.Juggs » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:46 pm

Haven't used twitter in forever. Don't miss it.

586.evil gator » Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:55 pm

I miss the local weather nerd who always knows when it will rain and breaking local info/news

I don't miss certain folks getting me into a climate change debate with a hooker

User avatar 587.evs' Boytoy » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:23 pm

I miss the local weather nerd who always knows when it will rain and breaking local info/news

I don't miss certain folks getting me into a climate change debate with a hooker
What's the going rate for that kind of action? Asking for a friend.

I also like the local weather. I think mex gave me grief over it because I follow UF's weather crew, too.

588.52:20 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:30 pm

Get the weather channel ap. It is very accurate and will send you a push notification telling you when to expect rain at your current location. Pretty spot on.

589.evil gator » Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:46 pm

Get the weather channel ap. It is very accurate and will send you a push notification telling you when to expect rain at your current location. Pretty spot on.
yeah I have used that one and others; still nothing beats the immediacy of twitter at least for this guy who lives near me, rain as well as flash flooding

User avatar 590.Irish Mike » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:06 pm

Caffeine helps you sleep.
:lol:

A 3pm coffee won't make a difference
:nerd: well, actually
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/06/this-is ... offee.html
Avoid caffeine after 3 p.m.
Dellinges emphasizes a point that’s backed by multiple studies: You should never drink coffee in the evening. Caffeine can disrupt your sleep up to six hours after consuming it, leading to an hour or more lost in rest, one study found.

So if you want to start winding down and going to bed at 9 p.m., drinking coffee after 3 p.m. is a bad idea. Some health experts recommend people stop drinking coffee as early as 2 p.m.

If it’s the later afternoon or evening and you still need a caffeine boost, try having one cup of black tea, which has half the amount of caffeine of coffee, or green tea, which has around one third the amount.

And don’t forget to drink water, which will keep you from feeling sluggish without posing any threats to your nighttime routine.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/arti ... finds.html

User avatar 591.RIP » Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:21 pm

booze disrupts my sleep but allows me to fall asleep. Also Rita Ora in the sidebar :drool:

592.evil gator » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:08 pm

ccurle (or whomever) moment: My boss was coming to talk to me while I was trying this hummus mix that I'd had in my desk, and I think she saw me try it and spit it back hahahaha

User avatar 593.Panamag8or » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:11 pm

ccurle (or whomever) moment: My boss was coming to talk to me while I was trying this hummus mix that I'd had in my desk, and I think she saw me try it and spit it back hahahaha
Spaceheater was the desk drawer gourmet.

594.evil gator » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:14 pm

ahahahaha right

User avatar 595.ufgators68 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:31 pm

My office has been without an A/C for over 1-1/2 months. Those assholes were supposed to install it this morning... not a worker or piece of equipment in sight.

Have two people coming, today, to work up quotes.

596.evil gator » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:49 pm

egads

597.evil gator » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:49 pm

you win

User avatar 598.ufgators68 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:19 pm

Luckily... they just finished installing the new A/C unit. Still kind of warm in here but it is definitely better.

599.evil gator » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:25 pm

I am so crankypants w/o air. Even more than usual!

600.Juggs » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:19 pm

I'm getting aggravated with a site I've been designing. I have to convey water from all over a site that's over 15 acres, but due to the high water table, I only have about 3 foot of fall to work with over that vast area. It'd be stupid expensive to fill the site and raise it's elevation just to make that issue work. But something has to give :suicide:
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else