movie trailers

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

226.rampart » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:07 pm

Toy Story 4 and Frozen 2 are the only movies I've seen in theater in like 8 years.

Although in a couple weeks I'll probably go see Rise of Skywalker
Don’t waste your time
I don't over analyze shit like most of the nerds (or I might, but I don't freak out about it). Maybe I'll be disappointed with how it ends (probably), but I'm ok with that as long as I get to see light sabers.

And on the weekend where I don't have my kid, all I really have to do is the gym, AA, and house chores. I have plenty of time to waste :lol:
Best thing about it was that shitty Rose character getting the jar jar binks treatment

227.Juggs » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:11 pm

Don’t waste your time
I don't over analyze shit like most of the nerds (or I might, but I don't freak out about it). Maybe I'll be disappointed with how it ends (probably), but I'm ok with that as long as I get to see light sabers.

And on the weekend where I don't have my kid, all I really have to do is the gym, AA, and house chores. I have plenty of time to waste :lol:
Best thing about it was that shitty Rose character getting the jar jar binks treatment
Rose was terrible. Actually I don't like Finn either.

Speaking of nerdy Star Wars stuff, this popped up on my Youtube. Actually kinda interesting to see the original Vader/Skywalker back story before it was changed to Vader being daddy

228.rampart » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:48 pm

Rose was terrible. Actually I don't like Finn either.

Speaking of nerdy Star Wars stuff, this popped up on my Youtube. Actually kinda interesting to see the original Vader/Skywalker back story before it was changed to Vader being daddy

Yeh, I’ve got that one saved to watch later

User avatar 229.RIP » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:44 am

Finally watched Joker. Holy shit, what a ride.
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

230.Juggs » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:26 pm

I need to install Kodi on my new fire stick. It's just a pain in the ass I've avoided it.

User avatar 231.99inNC » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:54 pm

Yeah. Probably one of the BEST origin story movies I've seen.

232.Supes44444 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:11 pm

It was well done but not nearly as violent as I expected Some really slow parts to it but overall it was pretty good

User avatar 233.99inNC » Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:42 pm

It was well done but not nearly as violent as I expected Some really slow parts to it but overall it was pretty good
No, I was expecting more as well from what I heard.
SpoilerShow
But, the scenes where he blasted those dudes in the subway and then when he tunnels DeNiro's head. Those are pretty intense.

234.Supes44444 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:44 pm

SpoilerShow
But, the scenes where he blasted those dudes in the subway and then when he tunnels DeNiro's head. Those are pretty intense.
SpoilerShow
Yes. Totally agree with those two things. But I didn't like how they changed the Wayne's killer to be one of Joker's cronies.

235.Juggs » Sat Jan 18, 2020 12:50 am

Did you see Nikko's Joker tattoo on instagram today? Fucking amazing

User avatar 236.RIP » Sat Jan 18, 2020 1:22 am

Did you see Nikko's Joker tattoo on instagram today? Fucking amazing
Yes. He's fucking amazing.
RIP (xe/xem/xyr)

User avatar 237.99inNC » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:25 pm

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
Yes. Totally agree with those two things. But I didn't like how they changed the Wayne's killer to be one of Joker's cronies.
Yeah, that was different from what we know in the past.
SpoilerShow
But, I feel like they were trying to take that artistic license so that they could not be so "on the nose" and maybe just tie the murders back to things he inspired and still hold him ultimately, if not directly responsible.

User avatar 238.DocZaius » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:35 pm

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
But, I feel like they were trying to take that artistic license so that they could not be so "on the nose" and maybe just tie the murders back to things he inspired and still hold him ultimately, if not directly responsible.
SpoilerShow
There was supposedly an alternate ending written:
In a recent episode of Kevin Smith’s Fatman on Batman podcast (around the 16:35 mark), the filmmaker cited “somebody who works in the business, they’re in the know, fucking super smart, and a great storyteller” telling him about an alternate ending to Joker that never came to fruition. The final scene still happened in the mental hospital, but instead of killing the psychiatrist, Fleck laughs to himself after telling the story. The doctor would have asked why he was laughing, to which Arthur would have said, “I was just thinking of something funny.”

Suddenly, the film would flash back to the murder of Thomas and Martha Wayne, this time at the hands of Arthur Fleck. As usual, Bruce Wayne is left crying next to his dead parents. But as Arthur walks away from the scene of the crime, he would stop, look back, shrug, and shoot Bruce Wayne. Cut to credits.

User avatar 239.99inNC » Tue Jan 21, 2020 2:45 pm

SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
SpoilerShow
There was supposedly an alternate ending written:
In a recent episode of Kevin Smith’s Fatman on Batman podcast (around the 16:35 mark), the filmmaker cited “somebody who works in the business, they’re in the know, fucking super smart, and a great storyteller” telling him about an alternate ending to Joker that never came to fruition. The final scene still happened in the mental hospital, but instead of killing the psychiatrist, Fleck laughs to himself after telling the story. The doctor would have asked why he was laughing, to which Arthur would have said, “I was just thinking of something funny.”

Suddenly, the film would flash back to the murder of Thomas and Martha Wayne, this time at the hands of Arthur Fleck. As usual, Bruce Wayne is left crying next to his dead parents. But as Arthur walks away from the scene of the crime, he would stop, look back, shrug, and shoot Bruce Wayne. Cut to credits.
Yeah, that would've been bananas.
SpoilerShow
Also, it would've been nice if the shrink in Arkham would've been named Dr. Harleen Frances Quinzel.

User avatar 240.ufgators68 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:15 pm

User avatar 241.DocZaius » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:21 pm

^ I love me a good zombie apocalypse movie. Donald Sutherland looking old though.

User avatar 242.Irish Mike » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:35 pm

^ I love me a good zombie apocalypse movie. Donald Sutherland looking old though.
Well..he's 84. :lol:

User avatar 243.ufgators68 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:42 pm

244.Juggs » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:46 pm

Aykroyd talked about it on Rogan. I'll watch. Just not in theater.

Just picked up Joker from redbox.

245.9508 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:48 pm

Watched Joker Saturday. It lived up to the hype. Phoenix was pretty amazing.
9508 (Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn/Fuck auburn)

246.Juggs » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:11 pm

I.dont know if I can pay attention enough right now. Been up since 2. My eyes are burning out of my head.

247.GFY » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:12 pm

I.dont know if I can pay attention enough right now. Been up since 2. My eyes are burning out of my head.
You taking Kobe’s death pretty hard, huh?

248.Juggs » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:13 pm

:lol: :leemshake:

249.GFY » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:14 pm

:lol:

User avatar 250.99inNC » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:37 pm

:lol: :leemshake:
Dare we say..."devastated"?
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else