thursday bragging

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.shutout » Thu May 16, 2019 6:04 pm

startups are really, really hard. who's hiring?

2.JookJoint » Thu May 16, 2019 6:05 pm

I need an assistant.

3.shutout » Thu May 16, 2019 6:08 pm

I need an assistant.
i am badass at powerpoint and excel macros.

i wonder if i could find a $50/hr job doing nothing but excel macros. i'd fn love that.

4.9508 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:18 pm

I need an assistant.
Mom getting rowdy again?

User avatar 5.DocZaius » Thu May 16, 2019 6:34 pm

Just got back from a vacation with the family. Surprised my son with a trip to Disney and then a Disney cruise for his 12th birthday. A good time was had by all.

User avatar 6.RIP » Thu May 16, 2019 6:38 pm

How was the cruise? Disney is always touted as pretty much the best cruise line (even for folks without kids).

User avatar 7.Denver-Gator » Thu May 16, 2019 6:40 pm

I'm not sure blue would make a good Disney character

8.shutout » Thu May 16, 2019 6:55 pm

I'm not sure blue would make a good Disney character
Fat Jim the depressed drunken gutter bream! Basically the new Nemo.

9.evil gator » Thu May 16, 2019 6:55 pm

they don't look part ape

10.HG 2.0 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:19 pm

Is this a continuation of the stripper thread?

User avatar 11.MoralityULack » Thu May 16, 2019 8:48 pm

i am badass at powerpoint and excel macros.

i wonder if i could find a $50/hr job doing nothing but excel macros. i'd fn love that.
If you are good at importing data, pivot tables, graphs and coming up with ways to show trends I wouldn't be surprised if you were able to get $50 or maybe close double that. People, especially accountants, eat that shit up. They would rather see a fancy spreadsheet than have a custom system. The problem is that isn't the job description posted. Usually business analysts and or some development manager gets dragged into it.
Trump got his deferments for the wrong thing. They shouldn't have been for his disappearing, imaginary bone spurs - they should have been for that yellow streak down his back. - Sen. Duckworth - Pilot who lost both legs in Iraq

User avatar 12.Denver-Gator » Thu May 16, 2019 8:58 pm

Is this a continuation of the stripper thread?
I hope not

User avatar 13.DocZaius » Thu May 16, 2019 9:02 pm

How was the cruise? Disney is always touted as pretty much the best cruise line (even for folks without kids).
The cruise was good, but not quite as good as we remember Disney being. We've gone on Disney cruises before and I think the quality has taken a hit from our prior cruises - the food didn't seem like it was as good, there were a couple of "cast members" that treated my wife poorly, and they don't do some of the little extra things that they used to do. I don't know, maybe we just had a better time on prior cruises and our expectations were unreasonably high.

The only other cruise I've been on is a Princess cruise in Alaska, and I wasn't impressed at all with that one.

If you're going on a Disney cruise without kids, just keep in mind that the drinks are really watered down and there's no gambling (except I think there's a bingo game that you can buy into). They do have adult-only activities and clubs, as well as an adults-only restaurant.

It's great if you do have kids, or are one of those weird adults who are really into Disney (although, I gotta tell you, the adults who want their pictures taken with the characters really drive me nuts, they make the lines really long).

User avatar 14.RIP » Thu May 16, 2019 9:08 pm

The cruise was good, but not quite as good as we remember Disney being. We've gone on Disney cruises before and I think the quality has taken a hit from our prior cruises - the food didn't seem like it was as good, there were a couple of "cast members" that treated my wife poorly, and they don't do some of the little extra things that they used to do. I don't know, maybe we just had a better time on prior cruises and our expectations were unreasonably high.

The only other cruise I've been on is a Princess cruise in Alaska, and I wasn't impressed at all with that one.

If you're going on a Disney cruise without kids, just keep in mind that the drinks are really watered down and there's no gambling (except I think there's a bingo game that you can buy into). They do have adult-only activities and clubs, as well as an adults-only restaurant.

It's great if you do have kids, or are one of those weird adults who are really into Disney (although, I gotta tell you, the adults who want their pictures taken with the characters really drive me nuts, they make the lines really long).
Eh, it sounds like it's not really worth paying double for anymore. I'll stick to Royal in the future :hatsoff: One of my bosses has a wife that is fucking OBSESSED with Disney. They have no children but spend every single vacation either at Disney World, Disney Land, or a Disney cruise. I feel terrible for the guy as he isn't into it at all.

User avatar 15.MoralityULack » Thu May 16, 2019 9:34 pm

I think a lot of young adults who were plopped in front of the glowing light and raised by Disney are still obsessed with Disney. I know several. Troubling.

I think cruises are what you make of them.

We went on a Carnival cruise because of the destinations. Booked the excursions we wanted ASAP. Avoided the shows. Didn't gamble. Never went to the pool during the day. We went at night when we had them to ourselves. Ate once with our assigned friends from Oklahoma and thereafter took naps and ate light meals at the buffets late at night instead. Watched the flying fish and stars. Extraordinarily relaxing and private in a way.

As opposed to our Windjammer trip which was a seven day day and night rolling party with a bunch of hedonist cult members. We were wrecked when we were done.

You just have to adapt.
Last edited by MoralityULack on Thu May 16, 2019 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trump got his deferments for the wrong thing. They shouldn't have been for his disappearing, imaginary bone spurs - they should have been for that yellow streak down his back. - Sen. Duckworth - Pilot who lost both legs in Iraq

16.shutout » Thu May 16, 2019 9:35 pm

Flying fish is fucking delicious. Best-tasting sushi I've ever had.

User avatar 17.MoralityULack » Thu May 16, 2019 9:36 pm

I haven't had it. I think fried it is the national dish of Barbados.

18.shutout » Thu May 16, 2019 9:37 pm

if we find something neither you nor supes has ever done, i'm buying myself a shot.

19.PG. » Thu May 16, 2019 10:59 pm

Yeah...fried on a sandwich is big in the islands. Never had it as sushi. I use to find 2 or 3 on my deck after a night ocean crossing. Never bothered to try to clean one. They're kind of tiny.

20.Fishon » Thu May 16, 2019 11:40 pm

I can confirm this. It’s pretty good

21.Tommy » Fri May 17, 2019 9:50 am

Going to Cuba in a month, on a cruise, for some reason im not looking forward to it.

User avatar 22.DocZaius » Fri May 17, 2019 10:48 am

So is Cuba fair game for American tourists now, or what?

23.JookJoint » Fri May 17, 2019 11:47 am

Going to Cuba in a month, on a cruise, for some reason im not looking forward to it.
went in October of 2017...the people are super friendly but Havana is a shithole...

User avatar 24.MoralityULack » Fri May 17, 2019 12:14 pm

So is Cuba fair game for American tourists now, or what?
You can go on a "cultural exchange" trip. The companies that will take you have been pushing the limits of what is a cultural exchange and the government has broadened what they will accept. So its ALMOST fair game.

Depending on weather, progress on our chores, whether I take a job , and whether we are at war with them over Venezuela, I've been thinking about going later this summer at the last minute

25.Tommy » Fri May 17, 2019 12:37 pm

Cuba sounds fun, only a day there, the cruise part sounds less fun, prob shouldn’t have negative expectations. The missus’s 50th bday is the reason we’re going.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else