Notable legal developments

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

351.9508 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:18 am

Ok Doc, Supes, and any other courtroom gators: ever see or hear of anything like this?? :icon_wink:
Let's just say that I know what's under the robe.
From grabbing you ankles? I'm a bit confused, interested and, yet, disgusted

I'm just uncomfortable, alright?

352.gatorbreeze » Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:57 pm

Ok Doc, Supes, and any other courtroom gators: ever see or hear of anything like this?? :icon_wink:
Let's just say that I know what's under the robe.
From grabbing you ankles? I'm a bit confused, interested and, yet, disgusted

I'm just uncomfortable, alright?
Yeah, yeah...that's the ticket!
Remember when you were young, broke and pissed off at the world? Well, you're older now.

User avatar 353.DocZaius » Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:41 pm

For the record, all the judges I know wear pants under their robes.

Curiously, though, the judge mentioned in the article has the same last name as a famous alum of the college I attended in Kentucky and I wonder if they're related.

354.evil gator » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:03 pm

User avatar 355.DocZaius » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:16 pm

Yeah, there's a lot of conflict out there in the rich beach communities like Malibu. I think we do have some issues in Florida as well from time to time, but most communities have dedicated public beach access.

Interestingly, I think both California law and Florida law are similar - the public has a right of "wet" beach access no matter who owns the "dry" land next to the water. So you could swim or row a boat right up to the high tide line and thumb your nose at the homeowner but if you step foot on the sand beyond the mean high tide line, you're trespassing.

356.evil gator » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:26 pm

Yeah, there's a lot of conflict out there in the rich beach communities like Malibu. I think we do have some issues in Florida as well from time to time, but most communities have dedicated public beach access.

Interestingly, I think both California law and Florida law are similar - the public has a right of "wet" beach access no matter who owns the "dry" land next to the water. So you could swim or row a boat right up to the high tide line and thumb your nose at the homeowner but if you step foot on the sand beyond the mean high tide line, you're trespassing.
yeah it makes sense its less of an issue in FL since there are a lot of small boats along coasts and rivers. There's less of that along CA's rocky coast so a trail would really be the only way to access.

357.PG. » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:29 pm

When I sailed that was a hot topic. Where and how long boats can anchor in a waterway.

A guy in one of the multi-million dollar mansions down in Miami had transient boats constantly anchored off his home and didn't like it. He used to blast music and put big spotlights on them all night. Believe the sailors sued and he had to cease....and probly desist.

He bought a bunch of small boats and moored them so there was no room for anyone else.

358.evil gator » Wed Jan 08, 2020 6:34 pm

yeah its easy to see both sides here. A person who spends a lot has a right to expect use of their property, but public access is also important.

User avatar 359.DocZaius » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:43 am

If you ever need an attorney in Louisville, you know who to call:

User avatar 360.evs' Boytoy » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:46 am

I woke up there once. Skeevy motel with four other guys and no memory of going there.

Turns out we had a show there that night. Fucking metal. :jabber:

361.GFY » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:13 am

I fucked a girl in the ass one time in Louisville. /Juggs

362.Juggs » Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:40 pm

Hmmmmm.

Haven't been to Louisville since I was 10.

User avatar 363.DocZaius » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:22 pm

Supreme Court declines to hear New Hampshire "free the nipple" case:

http://news.trust.org/item/20200113140914-x3iun

User avatar 364.DocZaius » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:30 pm

And, no, you don't want to see the plaintiffs topless. Here is the one who spearheaded the suit:

User avatar 365.Irish Mike » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:38 pm

A hero nonetheless

366.GFY » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:11 am

And, no, you don't want to see the plaintiffs topless. Here is the one who spearheaded the suit:

IWHI / :stock:

367.9508 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:14 am

Thank good we can still arrest women for showing tits.

Thanks right!

368.9508 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:56 pm

A unique solution to our overcrowded legal system.

https://apple.news/A1WQov-03TNWFdtl0RM-mkg

369.GFY » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:11 pm

:lol:

370.HG 2.0 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:21 pm

I like the idea
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else