Back in the Fatherland.

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 51.Irish Mike » Sun May 12, 2019 9:32 pm

Glad your back safe jabs
Thanks. I'm as worthless as a fish with a bicycle today trying to get my internal clock back on track, but it's nice to be home.
I'll trade you. I got drunk at the beach today and forgot sunscreen on my legs...

User avatar 52.RIP » Sun May 12, 2019 9:33 pm

Ouch

53.evil gator » Mon May 13, 2019 2:27 pm

they always pat my right calf as if I have metal in there and there isn't (that I know of)

54.evil gator » Tue May 14, 2019 1:33 pm

hey jabs I think I might go to Frankfurt next summer, spend most of the time in the Rhineland as my people are from there

User avatar 55.RIP » Tue May 14, 2019 1:39 pm

hey jabs I think I might go to Frankfurt next summer, spend most of the time in the Rhineland as my people are from there
Frankfurt is great.

56.evil gator » Tue May 14, 2019 8:08 pm

oh speaking of WW2, I just got to climb on a higgens boat last weekend! I can't imagine effing getting shot at in one of those things.

57.gatorbreeze » Tue May 14, 2019 9:12 pm

oh speaking of WW2, I just got to climb on a higgens boat last weekend! I can't imagine effing getting shot at in one of those things.
Cool deal! How did you swing that?
Remember when you were young, broke and pissed off at the world? Well, you're older now.

58.evil gator » Tue May 14, 2019 9:17 pm

Cool deal! How did you swing that?
there's one on display at the Patent Office, which is in my neighborhood

https://patch.com/virginia/greateralexa ... alexandria

User avatar 59.evs' Boytoy » Tue May 14, 2019 9:44 pm

There's one in the WWII museum in NO, too. I saw the one that was used for Saving Private Ryan during my trip. It's actually a British model which is bigger, heavier and is metal instead of plywood.

User avatar 60.evs' Boytoy » Wed May 15, 2019 7:02 pm

Now that I'm craving some, it has reminded me that brie from the local producers in France is the best shit you will find anywhere on the planet. I realize brie is from France, but it's amazing how much better it really is. I purchased some more in Germany and almost didn't eat it. Disappointing.

Oh, and the bread. The f'n bread is good enough to live on.

61.evil gator » Wed May 15, 2019 7:11 pm

yeah pretty much all the food in France is ridiculous, but esp the cheese.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else