Swordfish

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.DocZaius » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:21 pm

https://www.tampabay.com/florida/2019/0 ... -20-miles/
“It was the best fish I’ve ever eaten,” he said. “I don’t know if it was the boost of mercury, the sweet taste of victory, or what, but it was good. Damn good.”

User avatar 2.MoralityULack » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:33 pm

I would like to catch a small billfish to say I had done it. But that doesn't seem like fun to me. 8 hours.
Trump got his deferments for the wrong thing. They shouldn't have been for his disappearing, imaginary bone spurs - they should have been for that yellow streak down his back. - Sen. Duckworth - Pilot who lost both legs in Iraq

User avatar 3.Denver-Gator » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:47 pm

Years ago I managed to get a smallish white marlin to the boat, I'd say 60-80 lbs. Didn't want to deal with bringing it on-board, I managed to grab it by the base of bill to get the hook out and safely release it. Lotta fun.

User avatar 4.MoralityULack » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:52 pm

Years ago I managed to get a smallish white marlin to the boat, I'd say 60-80 lbs. Didn't want to deal with bringing it on-board, I managed to grab it by the base of bill to get the hook out and safely release it. Lotta fun.
Thats great!
Trump got his deferments for the wrong thing. They shouldn't have been for his disappearing, imaginary bone spurs - they should have been for that yellow streak down his back. - Sen. Duckworth - Pilot who lost both legs in Iraq

User avatar 5.Denver-Gator » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:56 pm

Thats great!
It was really kind of random. Just decided to do a Saturday mid-afternoon boat ride with the girlfriend at the time and throw a couple of lines in to troll some frozen ballyhoo. Didn't even have the outriggers out, wasn't really trying, and only a couple miles offshore.

Then boom, and I see a billfish jump and fight it to the boat.

User avatar 6.ufgators68 » Wed May 01, 2019 1:23 am

I thought this would be about Halle Berry’s titties. Disappointed.

7.Supes44444 » Wed May 01, 2019 1:25 pm

I fought for about 3 hours with a 200+ lbs swordfish a few years back. We took turns. Shit will wear you out. I can only imagine fighting that long for one. No thanks.

8.evil gator » Wed May 01, 2019 1:54 pm

holy hell really must feel top of the food chain
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else