Basketball Shlinks

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 476.99inNC » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:57 pm

Regardless of a collection of nerds and douches coming up with star rankings and justifications, White has taken the Gators to the NCAA tourney all but his first year at UF. By any measure, that's pretty damn good following a coaching legend like Donovan, who led us to a losing record his final season.
Well, I'm not sure if I fall into the "douche" or "nerd" category by your words or both. But what I am saying is that at some point when you're recruiting high end players the way he is, people's expectations are going to go up. And I'm not talking about the "fire White hive" that want him terminated in-game after a missed basket.

477.GFY » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:59 pm

Regardless of a collection of nerds and douches coming up with star rankings and justifications, White has taken the Gators to the NCAA tourney all but his first year at UF. By any measure, that's pretty damn good following a coaching legend like Donovan, who led us to a losing record his final season.
Well, I'm not sure if I fall into the "douche" or "nerd" category by your words or both. But what I am saying is that at some point when you're recruiting high end players the way he is, people's expectations are going to go up. And I'm not talking about the "fire White hive" that want him terminated in-game after a missed basket.
Nerdouche Bag!

478.evil gator » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:08 pm

I don't think anyone thinks you're one of the unreasonable ones here hon

User avatar 479.99inNC » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:09 pm

I better go take down my new domain I just purchased firethatfuckingdonovanwannabepussydickholemikewhite.net

480.evil gator » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:14 pm

I better go take down my new domain I just purchased firethatfuckingdonovanwannabepussydickholemikewhite.net
look we might need it, all I'm saying is let the season play out. especially this one where no team looks dominant and blue blood programs are getting beat by unknowns and/or getting killed by lesser opponents.

User avatar 481.99inNC » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:16 pm

look we might need it, all I'm saying is let the season play out. especially this one where no team looks dominant and blue blood programs are getting beat by unknowns and/or getting killed by lesser opponents.
I 100% agree with that. I want to see if he can get these blue-chippers to gel. The hilarious thing would be if they were to go on some amazing tear and win a title in a down year with no dominant teams. He'd then have an Elite 8 appearance and a title in 5 years and the hardcore anti-Blanco hive would just have to kill themselves, because there's no fucking way Stricklin would fire him after a natty. :lol:

User avatar 482.evs' Boytoy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:08 am

USC beat UK. I think this adds a little more support to what eg said earlier in this thread thread. The blue blood has been spilled everywhere.

User avatar 483.Irish Mike » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:26 am

Blue blood being spilled would trigger a Superfund event.

484.GFY » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:38 am

User avatar 485.Panamag8or » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:19 am

Boy, this didn't take long to happen:

486.PG. » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:23 am

Literally the post before yours.

487.PG. » Thu Jan 16, 2020 3:25 am

Bama leading undefeated and our Saturday opponent Auburn. Although we know how they can fold.

I'm hoping for a fight and suspensions.

User avatar 488.evs' Boytoy » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:12 am

That ignore button, yo.

489.GFY » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:20 am

That ignore button, yo.
Pans’ post has Titanic music you morons.

490.PG. » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:24 am

Didn't watch either. Saw the game.

Roll tide.. unfortunately no fight.

User avatar 491.Panamag8or » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:19 pm

Mine was different. And better.

User avatar 492.99inNC » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:27 pm

Yeah, there are no "elites" this year. That has been affected by a less than stellar freshman class across CBB. Sorry, Scottie.

493.GFY » Thu Jan 16, 2020 1:47 pm

Mine was different. And better.
Not sure about that. The Titanic theme is used way too much.

494.evil gator » Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:26 pm

USC beat UK. I think this adds a little more support to what eg said earlier in this thread thread. The blue blood has been spilled everywhere.
thanks boo! outside the conference too: UNC is 1-4 in the ACC, MSU was just beat by 30 by an unranked Purdue, the list goes on and on and on.

User avatar 495.Panamag8or » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:41 pm

thanks boo! outside the conference too: UNC is 1-4 in the ACC, MSU was just beat by 30 by an unranked Purdue, the list goes on and on and on.
Good, because we have undefeated (fuck) auburn saturday.

496.evil gator » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:52 pm

Good, because we have undefeated (fuck) auburn saturday.
if we lose it only counts as one game -though I'm sure there will be louder calls for White's noggin

497.PG. » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:26 pm

Previously undefeated.

498.52:20 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 5:41 pm

I can see them beating Auburn, then losing to next two teams with losing records. But hey, other teams have lost games they shouldn’t so we’re going to win it all.

499.evil gator » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:08 pm

I can see them beating Auburn, then losing to next two teams with losing records. But hey, other teams have lost games they shouldn’t so we’re going to win it all.
exactly! the only thing gator fans should accept is winning all games!!

500.9508 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:24 pm

I’m good with beating auburn and losing the next two.

Fuck auburn
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else