Well, that could have been bad

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.rampart » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:42 am

Driving behind a semi on the turnpike earlier today when small pieces of debris were getting thrown back at my car. I realized they were coming from underneath the trailer and they started to get bigger and became more frequent. Decided not to f around and pass the damn thing, as we were next to it we heard a loud bang. The semi sort of swerved a little and started breaking hard. In my rear view I saw large chunks of tire flying out the back of the trailer. I had the wife and both kids in tow, that could have been really really bad.

Also, f the turnpike, used to be much better now just as clogged up with shitty drivers as 95. And the redesigned rest areas are fng awful.

User avatar 2.RIP » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:43 am

Glad you guys are safe. Semis scare me

User avatar 3.ufgators68 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:45 am

Flying tire pieces are scary. Had to dodge one a few years ago.

4.rampart » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:50 am

Glad you guys are safe. Semis scare me
Thanks, I told my wife that I got a bad feeling about this and I need to pass. She gave me that holy shit look when it happened and I probably coulda got a BJ right there if the kids weren’t in the car :lol:

User avatar 5.RIP » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:52 am

If I've learned anything from final destination it's that you still need to be on the lookout for buses and slippery tubs.

6.rampart » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:54 am

If I've learned anything from final destination it's that you still need to be on the lookout for buses and slippery tubs.
I’ll be at Disney tomorrow, If that doesn’t kill me nothing will

User avatar 7.RIP » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:58 am

You're fucked.

8.9508 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:01 am

Nice knowing you bud.

User avatar 9.evs' Boytoy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:05 am

Dearly beloved, we are gathered over the remains of rampart so we can point and laugh. Dumb ass went to Disney.

Go Gators!

10.rampart » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:05 am

:hitthefan:

User avatar 11.evs' Boytoy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:07 am

Seriously, nasty shit rolling through tomorrow mid day. 10-2 here. Keep an eye out.

12.rampart » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:12 am

Seriously, nasty shit rolling through tomorrow mid day. 10-2 here. Keep an eye out.
That’s what I hear. Hope we get lucky with cloud cover and a light rain

13.rampart » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:15 am

Dearly beloved, we are gathered over the remains of rampart so we can point and laugh. Dumb ass went to Disney.

Go Gators!
I need to make a living will so you are all notified if meet my demise tomorrow. Maybe some of you can gather at my grave, pour out half a bottle of craft beer and then re cork it.

User avatar 14.evs' Boytoy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:18 am

:lol:

User avatar 15.RIP » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:18 am

Done. I'll organize.

16.gatorbreeze » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:30 am

Do we get memorial tee shirts?
Remember when you were young, broke and pissed off at the world? Well, you're older now.

User avatar 17.evs' Boytoy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:34 am

Do we get memorial tee shirts?
Hold....

18.Tommy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:47 am

Sorry, my trucker was getting a breaking news recruiting tip from Reb, something about Anthony Richardson would recommit to UF, he should have been paying better attention, that load of boner juice he was delivering to PG is quite expensive.

User avatar 19.Irish Mike » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:19 am

And John Denver music

20.lil numby » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:00 pm

haven't been on the turnpike in at least a dozen years. what's with the rest areas?

21.evil gator » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:21 pm

Sorry, my trucker was getting a breaking news recruiting tip from Reb, something about Anthony Richardson would recommit to UF, he should have been paying better attention, that load of boner juice he was delivering to PG is quite expensive.
ahahaha

22.rampart » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:47 pm

haven't been on the turnpike in at least a dozen years. what's with the rest areas?
They are built with one entrance and one big parking lot instead of north and south lots. It forces a lot of traffic to pass in front of the main entrance. It’s a real cluster f.

User avatar 23.Panamag8or » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:55 pm

They are built with one entrance and one big parking lot instead of north and south lots. It forces a lot of traffic to pass in front of the main entrance. It’s a real cluster f.
I wish they would have left one of the plazas in the old-school setup. Those buildings were kind of cool.

24.JookJoint » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:01 pm

I'm still waiting to hear what we're supposed to do with the other half of the craft beer...

25.rampart » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:09 pm

I'm still waiting to hear what we're supposed to do with the other half of the craft beer...
I’m not dead.....

.... yet
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else