Notre Dame...

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

26.HG 2.0 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:41 pm

I think Atlanta needs a fleet of snowplows, because one day a few years ago traffic got really fucked up when it snowed.
Snow melts
Fire damage is permanent, moron
You were being serious? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You do understand, those aircraft aren't built to put out urban fires. Are you saying all cities should have something like that?
No I’m not serious
Dropping that amount of water on a burning build like that would likely collapse it.

27.shutout » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:48 pm

Classic TGB. Arguing over how to put out a fire.
Fifteen pages.

28.evil gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:50 pm

remember when nolle went off on how much of a dump Paris is?

User avatar 29.Denver-Gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:00 pm

Snow melts
Fire damage is permanent, moron
You were being serious? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You do understand, those aircraft aren't built to put out urban fires. Are you saying all cities should have something like that?
No I’m not serious
Dropping that amount of water on a burning build like that would likely collapse it.
Well yeah, that's why most cities (including Paris) have these little doo-hickies installed on about every street corner.

User avatar 30.Denver-Gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:05 pm

Fifteen pages.
Considering Trump tweeted something utterly stupid about it, many sheep will rush to his defense

31.HG 2.0 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:19 pm

Fifteen pages.
Considering Trump tweeted something utterly stupid about it, many sheep will rush to his defense
And many whiny liberals will spend countless hours hand wringing over the implications of a tweet

User avatar 32.Denver-Gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:24 pm

Fifteen pages.
And many whiny liberals will spend countless hours hand wringing over the implications of a tweet
Yeah, people shouldn't take anything he says seriously. He's only the President.

33.HG 2.0 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:33 pm

Yeah, people shouldn't take anything he says seriously. He's only the President.
You shouldn’t take tweets so seriously

34.evil gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:34 pm

You shouldn’t take tweets so seriously
why not twitter does :-(

User avatar 35.evs' Boytoy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:36 pm

:lol:

36.shutout » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:41 pm

Still burnin... ex-FEMA dude said the priority was to soak down all the construction supplies surrounding it. French FEMA dude said NFW they're dumping water from planes on it, it'll collapse.

My money says at least some big part of it still collapses as that old mortar burns back to lime.

User avatar 37.Denver-Gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:52 pm

Still burnin... ex-FEMA dude said the priority was to soak down all the construction supplies surrounding it. French FEMA dude said NFW they're dumping water from planes on it, it'll collapse.

My money says at least some big part of it still collapses as that old mortar burns back to lime.
We takin' bets now? :lol:

But, from what I remember about it, the walls are made of stone, so from that and looking at the pictures now, they may remain standing.

38.shutout » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:55 pm

But, from what I remember about it, the walls are made of stone, so from that and looking at the pictures now, they may remain standing.
Fire weakens the hell out of non-fire mortar. It bakes it back into essentially quicklime. Even if they get the fire out, it may no longer qualify as load-bearing, especially since it's.. whatever.. 600 years old.

http://www.ashireporter.org/HomeInspect ... stems/1154

39.evil gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:01 pm

Fire weakens the hell out of non-fire mortar. It bakes it back into essentially quicklime. Even if they get the fire out, it may no longer qualify as load-bearing, especially since it's.. whatever.. 600 years old.

hmmm

40.shutout » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:05 pm

hmmm
Metalcasting and smelting were hobbies back when I was a square. :beatsme:

User avatar 41.GFY » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:07 pm

I'll take a stab and say this thing will need to be knocked down and start over.
“Let us work together to build a culture that cherishes innocent life. And let us reaffirm a fundamental truth – all children – born and unborn – are made in the holy image of God.” - Pres Donald Trump

User avatar 42.Denver-Gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:41 pm

hmmm
1840s style, or something more modern?

User avatar 43.DocZaius » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:45 pm

44.shutout » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:51 pm

hmmm
1840s style, or something more modern?
mostly either MAP or propane + oxygen in a converted electric smelter. nothing fancy. my wife did jewelry casting.

45.Juggs » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:11 pm

closer to 900 years old I think.

A damn shame, even if it is in paris

User avatar 46.MoralityULack » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:15 pm

Water tankers is as dumb as windmills causing cancer. It is the duty of every human to make fun of people that incredibly fucking stupid. By far the most idiotic tweet was the author of that profound inanity calling himself a stable genius.

You can throw a rock frm the church and it would land in a navigable river. Theres plenty of water.

856 years old.

Fire going out. 2/3s of roof is gone but stone is still there. Don't know about integrity.

Paris is great. Not that Notre Dame isnt a loss, but its not in the top 5 sites to see. So much to do there.

User avatar 47.Denver-Gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:24 pm

I win the faux bet, so far.
Macron, speaking from the scene, described the fire as a “terrible tragedy," but added the “worst had been avoided." He noted that the cathedral's facade and two main towers did not collapse during the fire.

“I’m telling you all tonight — we will rebuild this cathedral together. This is probably part of the French destiny. And we will do it in the next years. Starting tomorrow, a national donation scheme will be started that will extend beyond our borders," Macron said.

User avatar 48.evs' Boytoy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:36 pm

Water tankers is as dumb as windmills causing cancer. It is the duty of every human to make fun of people that incredibly fucking stupid. By far the most idiotic tweet was the author of that profound inanity calling himself a stable genius.

You can throw a rock frm the church and it would land in a navigable river. Theres plenty of water.

856 years old.

Fire going out. 2/3s of roof is gone but stone is still there. Don't know about integrity.

Paris is great. Not that Notre Dame isnt a loss, but its not in the top 5 sites to see. So much to do there.
It's the most visited site in Paris.

User avatar 49.GFY » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:47 pm

Drone footage.
Attachments

BFA790A8-E84D-4A4D-AE4D-7031BE9F883F.jpeg
BFA790A8-E84D-4A4D-AE4D-7031BE9F883F.jpeg (145.08 KiB) Viewed 46 times

“Let us work together to build a culture that cherishes innocent life. And let us reaffirm a fundamental truth – all children – born and unborn – are made in the holy image of God.” - Pres Donald Trump

50.gatorbreeze » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:38 pm

856 years old.

It's the most visited site in Paris.
Yeah but it's a church and we know how VD feels about those Christian Nazis.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else