... on fire!!! :couchfire:

2.shutout » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:57 pm

That bitch is done for.

3.evil gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:58 pm

shocking but I've never been inside.

User avatar 4.RIP » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:01 pm

whoa.

User avatar 5.Denver-Gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:03 pm

President Trump just tweeted about the fire at the Notre Dame cathedral in Paris, France, and suggested "flying water tankers" could help put it out.

"Must act quickly!" Trump tweeted.
:facepalm:

6.evil gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:05 pm

the French are pretty shitty at plumbing and basic engineering tho

User avatar 7.RIP » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:05 pm

President Trump just tweeted about the fire at the Notre Dame cathedral in Paris, France, and suggested "flying water tankers" could help put it out.

"Must act quickly!" Trump tweeted.
:facepalm:
:lol:

8.GFY » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:08 pm

Well, there is no other water supply to put it out. So it burns.

User avatar 9.Denver-Gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:11 pm

Because there are water tanker aircraft at the ready in case the Forest du Paris catches on fire.

10.GFY » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:14 pm

Because there are water tanker aircraft at the ready in case the Forest du Paris catches on fire.
Just read where there is no water nearby for the fire department to use to help. I don’t know about aircraft tankers being nearby.

11.Supes44444 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:14 pm

That's really a shame. Beautiful building.

12.shutout » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:14 pm

Because putting out a raging ancient wood fire that's already fucked the building is obviously the immediate concern of the first responders, rather than saving all the unburnt buildings around it.

13.evil gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:17 pm

Because putting out a raging ancient wood fire that's already fucked the building is obviously the immediate concern of the first responders, rather than saving all the unburnt buildings around it.
its surrounded by roads parking lot parks and the Seine

User avatar 14.Denver-Gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:25 pm

You do understand that even the most modern of cities don't just have a bunch of air tankers filled with water sitting around ready to go at a moment's notice.

User avatar 15.evs' Boytoy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:25 pm

I guess I can scratch that off the list of places to visit on my next vacation. Not that I give a shit about Paris.

User avatar 16.ufgators68 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:31 pm

They could always draft from the river. Did it many times when I was on a rural volunteer FD.

17.HG 2.0 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:32 pm

You do understand that even the most modern of cities don't just have a bunch of air tankers filled with water sitting around ready to go at a moment's notice.
Well they should.
We’ve bailed the French out too many times...they should learn to be more prepared

User avatar 18.Denver-Gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:35 pm

They could always draft from the river. Did it many times when I was on a rural volunteer FD.
They may very well be doing something like that, kind of depends upon how the people there organized their fire dept, wouldn't you think.

User avatar 19.Denver-Gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:36 pm

Well they should.
We’ve bailed the French out too many times...they should learn to be more prepared
I think Atlanta needs a fleet of snowplows, because one day a few years ago traffic got really fucked up when it snowed.

20.HG 2.0 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:37 pm

Well they should.
I think Atlanta needs a fleet of snowplows, because one day a few years ago traffic got really fucked up when it snowed.
Snow melts
Fire damage is permanent, moron

21.evil gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:37 pm

I guess I can scratch that off the list of places to visit on my next vacation. Not that I give a shit about Paris.
yeah it pretty much sucks

User avatar 22.RIP » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:38 pm

no signs of slowing down

User avatar 23.evs' Boytoy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:39 pm

yeah it pretty much sucks
I'm just flying in, spending the night and bailing out the next day. I get it if people like it. It's just not for me.

24.Supes44444 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:40 pm

Classic TGB. Arguing over how to put out a fire.

User avatar 25.Denver-Gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:40 pm

Well they should.
Snow melts
Fire damage is permanent, moron
You were being serious? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You do understand, those aircraft aren't built to put out urban fires. Are you saying all cities should have something like that?
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else