Game of Thrones Final Season

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

51.evil gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:37 pm

I think it was one of those details the show just skimmed over. I assumed she was still married to Tyrion when she married Ramsay, but they just ignored it. And of course, the books aren't there yet
I can see lack of consummation, like the attorney said, as being reason for it not being valid in their church or whatever.
Absolutely, but shouldn't the show at least mention that? Like LF says, "we were able to bribe/leverage the high septon (or was it the High Sparrow then?) to annul the marriage to tyrion" then he crumbles up the little note and tosses it. It really wouldn't take more than a single scene to handle that
I'm pretty sure you'd be a much better writer than those we've had the past few seasons.

When I was rewatching it, the worst was the group that went to find a white walker to bring to king's landing
"hey, you tried to kill me one time"
"yeah, my bad"

52.evil gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:08 pm

oh one of my friends mentioned on FB a bunch of characters who barely saw the screen were appearing at her local comix place, including the actor who played Rhaegar who only appeared in a bran flashback right? It was $50 for a photo.

53.Juggs » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:10 pm

I think it was one of those details the show just skimmed over. I assumed she was still married to Tyrion when she married Ramsay, but they just ignored it. And of course, the books aren't there yet
I can see lack of consummation, like the attorney said, as being reason for it not being valid in their church or whatever.
Absolutely, but shouldn't the show at least mention that? Like LF says, "we were able to bribe/leverage the high septon (or was it the High Sparrow then?) to annul the marriage to tyrion" then he crumbles up the little note and tosses it. It really wouldn't take more than a single scene to handle that
In the show, LF tells Bolton that the marriage was never consummated, so she's free to marry. Bolton says it's her name he wants, not her virtue.

54.Juggs » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:11 pm

I'm pretty sure you'd be a much better writer than those we've had the past few seasons.

When I was rewatching it, the worst was the group that went to find a white walker to bring to king's landing
"yeah, my bad"
I thought those scenes were great. Anything with the Hound and Thromund in it were good. Especially them together.

55.evil gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:17 pm

In the show, LF tells Bolton that the marriage was never consummated, so she's free to marry. Bolton says it's her name he wants, not her virtue.
oh yeah that's right, good catch nerd

56.Fishon » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:18 pm

how is that the same thing has the marriage being annulled? just stating that doesn't solve the problem that she's still technically married to Tyrion. someone in authority has to end it.

User avatar 57.ufgators68 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:20 pm

how is that the same thing has the marriage being annulled? just stating that doesn't solve the problem that she's still technically married to Tyrion. someone in authority has to end it.
That's in our world... not the Game of Thrones world.

58.evil gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:25 pm

ITS REAL TO ME!

User avatar 59.evs' Boytoy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:37 pm

He can be such a fish in the mud sometimes.

60.Juggs » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:45 pm

They specifically say in the show a couple times that a marriage isn't official until they've fucked. Hence the tradition of the bedding ceremony,.

61.Fishon » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:52 pm

ITS REAL TO ME!
rofl...

but yes, even in the GOT world just saying it doesn't make it so. obviously the tv writers know their audience and realized they didn't need to do anything more than what they did

User avatar 62.evs' Boytoy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:43 pm

This shit is getting out of hand quick.

User avatar 63.RIP » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:46 pm

:shock:

User avatar 64.DocZaius » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:17 am

GoT explains white people:

https://www.theroot.com/the-black-perso ... 1796847562
GOT is basically an all-encompassing analogy for white America and should be studied in the same way seventh-grade English teachers make their students dissect Animal Farm or Lord of the Flies to understand society. If you are late to the Thrones party, use the Q&A session below as a primer for everything you wanted to know about dem Thrones but were afraid to ask.

What is Game of Thrones about?

The show is about white-on-white violence. The show is about a turf war between different gangs who want to win the ultimate prize: the Iron Throne. And you know that if there’s one thing wypipo love more than territory, it’s thrones.

But aren’t there superpowers, dragons and monsters and shit?

Yes, but the supernatural elements of the show are used as analogies and symbolic metaphors.

So what do the dragons stand for?

White privilege.

And the monsters?

Wypipo.

What about the actual white people on the show?

Oh, they are also metaphors—for Caucasians.

Wait. Is everything about white people?

Exactly! But Game of Thrones teaches us that not all white people are the same. That’s what I’m trying to show you, if you’d stop being so racist!
And on it goes. It's The Root, so it's hard to tell how much of it is supposed to be comedy.

User avatar 65.Cus » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:21 am

I'm a member of the Wypipo clan!

User avatar 66.Irish Mike » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:27 am

Wypipo power!

67.evil gator » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:47 pm

GoT explains white people:

https://www.theroot.com/the-black-perso ... 1796847562
GOT is basically an all-encompassing analogy for white America and should be studied in the same way seventh-grade English teachers make their students dissect Animal Farm or Lord of the Flies to understand society. If you are late to the Thrones party, use the Q&A session below as a primer for everything you wanted to know about dem Thrones but were afraid to ask.

What is Game of Thrones about?

The show is about white-on-white violence. The show is about a turf war between different gangs who want to win the ultimate prize: the Iron Throne. And you know that if there’s one thing wypipo love more than territory, it’s thrones.

But aren’t there superpowers, dragons and monsters and shit?

Yes, but the supernatural elements of the show are used as analogies and symbolic metaphors.

So what do the dragons stand for?

White privilege.

And the monsters?

Wypipo.

What about the actual white people on the show?

Oh, they are also metaphors—for Caucasians.

Wait. Is everything about white people?

Exactly! But Game of Thrones teaches us that not all white people are the same. That’s what I’m trying to show you, if you’d stop being so racist!
And on it goes. It's The Root, so it's hard to tell how much of it is supposed to be comedy.
come on that is funny. A bit preachy but still entertaining.

68.evil gator » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:48 pm

"yeah, my bad"
I thought those scenes were great. Anything with the Hound and Thromund in it were good. Especially them together.
because the characters are so good and the actors playing them do a great job, the dialog is mostly terrible other than a few wise cracks.

69.rampart » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:09 pm

"yeah, my bad"
because the characters are so good and the actors playing them do a great job, the dialog is mostly terrible other than a few wise cracks.
It just seems weird that someone would crack wise in a situation as tense as that, sure once in a while, but GoT relies on humorous quips like a crutch. It just doesn’t fit.

70.evil gator » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:14 pm

It just seems weird that someone would crack wise in a situation as tense as that, sure once in a while, but GoT relies on humorous quips like a crutch. It just doesn’t fit.
meh, its not uncommon for people like soldiers cops doctors who deal with heavy shit to have black humor. That's certainly the charm of a lot of popular movies and tv. Like, it pains me to say, Bruce Willis and Will Smith.

Tyrion would be a pretty boring one sided character if he wasn't such a funny smartass.

71.rampart » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:17 pm

meh, its not uncommon for people like soldiers cops doctors who deal with heavy shit to have black humor. That's certainly the charm of a lot of popular movies and tv. Like, it pains me to say, Bruce Willis and Will Smith.

Tyrion would be a pretty boring one sided character if he wasn't such a funny smartass.
I get it, firefighters / medics have a pretty dark sense of humor but it usually comes out when your out of the woods so to speak.

User avatar 72.Irish Mike » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:17 pm

73.evil gator » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:18 pm

hahahaha exactly damn him.

Who here is the paramedic? I would like to hear his take on the issue of humor in shit situations. Rampart?

74.rampart » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:24 pm

hahahaha exactly damn him.

Who here is the paramedic? I would like to hear his take on the issue of humor in shit situations. Rampart?
Yeh, I’m a fire medic. After a fire or serious medical call, yeh the dark humor comes out fast and quick. Maybe I’m just not remembering the tension in the scene well. I just don’t feel like the writers know how to handle serious dialogue so they fall back on humor whenever they can

75.evil gator » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:58 pm

yeah there is only so much sadness most humans can bear
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else