Game of Thrones Final Season

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.Fishon » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:58 pm

Sooooooooooo

how bout Johnny riding a dragon? Probably should've happened before they confirmed his parents

2.Juggs » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:10 pm

Yeah the order was a out there, but it was still a good scene.

How long has he been gone for the entire north to say fuck him? With the accelerated timelines its hard to know. How long does it take a Jamie to ride thousands of miles?

3.evil gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:15 pm

I know the reviews were good and its a good start, but my god the dialog has been insipid the last few seasons.

"good to see you"
"you too!"

4.Fishon » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:38 pm

the best scenes for me were the Dany/Sam and Sam/Jon scenes. the guy playing Sam did great in both.

There was a lot of throwback to S1E1 as well. The little kid at the beginning was half Bran/half Arya, a dead kid with the weird white walker symbol, a king and queen arriving, etc.

The downsides of the episodes were me having to explain to my wife the following:
Gendry
Robert Baratheon
Joffrey Baratheon
the Night King
The look between Jaime and Bran

User avatar 5.evs' Boytoy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:38 pm

How long has he been gone for the entire north to say fuck him? With the accelerated timelines its hard to know. How long does it take a Jamie to ride thousands of miles?
It was as long as it took to move all of those troops from Dragonstone and they arrived first. I don't recall what the timeline was for each of them leaving, but Kings Landing and Dragonstone are relatively close to each other compared to where Winterfell is located.

6.Fishon » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:39 pm

It was as long as it took to move all of those troops from Dragonstone and they arrived first. I don't recall what the timeline was for each of them leaving, but Kings Landing and Dragonstone are relatively close to each other compared to where Winterfell is located.
Also, one guy can travel much quicker than 2 armies can. The timeline seemed ok to me

7.evil gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:40 pm

the best scenes for me were the Dany/Sam and Sam/Jon scenes. the guy playing Sam did great in both.

There was a lot of throwback to S1E1 as well. The little kid at the beginning was half Bran/half Arya, a dead kid with the weird white walker symbol, a king and queen arriving, etc.

The downsides of the episodes were me having to explain to my wife the following:
Gendry
Robert Baratheon
Joffrey Baratheon
the Night King
we watched the whole show a few months ago so there was none of this in my home you n00b

8.Fishon » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:42 pm

Gendry
Robert Baratheon
Joffrey Baratheon
the Night King
we watched the whole show a few months ago so there was none of this in my home you n00b
look, I told her she'd want to catch up before the season started. I'm like Rodney Dangerfield over heah; no respect!

9.evil gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:42 pm

when the dialog is shit, its evident who the better actors on the show are, and I would say its Cersei and Arya.

Its always been a well cast show but how could they have known Arya would be so good when she was a little kid.

10.evil gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:42 pm

Gendry
Robert Baratheon
Joffrey Baratheon
the Night King
look, I told her she'd want to catch up before the season started. I'm like Rodney Dangerfield over heah; no respect!
she's just asking you to bang Khalissi at some sad fancon.

11.Fishon » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:43 pm

Cersei's constant smirk bothers me, but maybe that's intentional. I just wish she had a different look once and awhile

12.evil gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:44 pm

Cersei's constant smirk bothers me, but maybe that's intentional. I just wish she had a different look once and awhile
I wanted elephants!

User avatar 13.evs' Boytoy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:47 pm

Cersei is about bat shit crazy now. It's fun to watch. Can't help but think her demise is going to be glorious and rival that of Joffrey's.

User avatar 14.RIP » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:49 pm

Sansa's line about Joffrey's murder "It had its moments" :lol: :lol:

15.evil gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:50 pm

ahaha yeah that was a good one.

User avatar 16.evs' Boytoy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:51 pm

Yes, and the smirk made it that much better.

17.evil gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:51 pm

so are they like still married? Fishon, what's up with Westeros marital law?

User avatar 18.DocZaius » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:59 pm

Well, the marriage was never consummated and then Sansa got married to Ramsay Bolton, so I'm guessing they're not married anymore.

Poor Tyrion. I hope he and Sansa end up together, although I think they're probably going to kill him off.

19.evil gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:03 pm

Well, the marriage was never consummated and then Sansa got married to Ramsay Bolton, so I'm guessing they're not married anymore.

Poor Tyrion. I hope he and Sansa end up together, although I think they're probably going to kill him off.
Poor sansa, she deserves some hot Knight

User avatar 20.DocZaius » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:03 pm

21.evil gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:04 pm

ahahaha

User avatar 22.DocZaius » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:05 pm

After all the shit she's been through, I agree, but she's a cold-hearted ice queen now. Assuming she's alive at the end of it all (and the good guys win), who's she going to marry?

User avatar 23.evs' Boytoy » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:07 pm

After all the shit she's been through, I agree, but she's a cold-hearted ice queen now. Assuming she's alive at the end of it all (and the good guys win), who's she going to marry?
Jon.

24.rampart » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:14 pm

when the dialog is shit, its evident who the better actors on the show are, and I would say its Cersei and Arya.

Its always been a well cast show but how could they have known Arya would be so good when she was a little kid.
The jon / dany scenes are painful to watch

25.evil gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:16 pm

The jon / dany scenes are painful to watch
agreed. they have zero chemistry. There is more with the dragons than each other.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else