Moral dilemma

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

26.Juggs » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:44 pm

The moral dilemma is whether or not to ban juggs for continuing to buy f'n blue rays like some geriatric luddite hick.
For the kid. It's great when you're on the road and they can watch movies. Or she can sit on the laptop and watch movies when I have to take her to work with me. Well worth a few dollars for her to have her favorite movies.
It’s entirely possible you had her just to excuse your myriad of poor decisions :gasfire:
I had her because of my poor decisions :lol:

Still wouldn't change it :hatsoff:

27.shutout » Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:44 pm

The moral dilemma is whether or not to ban juggs for continuing to buy f'n blue rays like some geriatric luddite hick.
For the kid. It's great when you're on the road and they can watch movies. Or she can sit on the laptop and watch movies when I have to take her to work with me. Well worth a few dollars for her to have her favorite movies.
i don't even want to know what kind of jank-ass phone service you have that your kid has to carry around movies on plastic discs in 2019. :lol:

28.Juggs » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:17 pm

i don't even want to know what kind of jank-ass phone service you have that your kid has to carry around movies on plastic discs in 2019. :lol:
I don't pay for unlimited data. She's not streaming movies for hours if we're on the road. And on trips or when we're in the mountains, there is no cell service.

All irrelevant because you can't stream every movie out there. If you have a site where I can easily get a good stream of every movie and tv show ever, share that shit

29.evil gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:41 pm

is download not an option?

30.Juggs » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:59 pm

Yeah I guess. I just never got into downloading entire movies. My laptop was pretty old for the longest time. And I never thought it was a big deal to spend a few bucks on a movie every few months.

User avatar 31.Denver-Gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:36 pm

I don't pay for unlimited data. She's not streaming movies for hours if we're on the road. And on trips or when we're in the mountains, there is no cell service.

All irrelevant because you can't stream every movie out there. If you have a site where I can easily get a good stream of every movie and tv show ever, share that shit
Correct. There are still remote rural locations where broadband isn't available. Not everyone lives in a city or town. In my mountain house, there is only DSL available over the phone lines, and it is freaking slow. No way am I streaming movies out there.

32.52:20 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:02 am

Netflix download is the best thing ever.

User avatar 33.evs' Boytoy » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:21 am

Does netflix have pron? Asking for a friend.

User avatar 34.Cus » Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:22 am

Does netflix have pron? Asking for a friend.
Eh?

35.evil gator » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:49 pm

and amazon, I use them both on every trip

shocked there are parents who don't use this

36.HG 2.0 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:55 pm

Step step kids do that when we travel....

37.Juggs » Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:26 pm

and amazon, I use them both on every trip

shocked there are parents who don't use this
i've never heard of it :oops:

38.52:20 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:16 am

For Netflix, there’s a download icon by each show. It doesn’t take much space and is pretty quick. Downloads are good for a month if you don’t start to watch it. You have 48 hours to finish once you start. If it expires, you just renew it when on WiFi.

User avatar 40.RIP » Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:53 pm

yikes. With juggs' luck he should probably contact Best Buy.

41.Juggs » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:03 pm

No way he serves 15 years for that. What nonsense. Seems like they're just trying to make an example. I'm curious who's address was on the package.

Mine had my name, my address. And I wasnt home, It was on my porch.

3 days and no word yet.

User avatar 42.GFY » Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:03 pm

Best Buy will call his employer and have him fired.
“Let us work together to build a culture that cherishes innocent life. And let us reaffirm a fundamental truth – all children – born and unborn – are made in the holy image of God.” - Pres Donald Trump

43.HG 2.0 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:06 pm

No way he serves 15 years for that. What nonsense. Seems like they're just trying to make an example. I'm curious who's address was on the package.

3 days and no word yet.
Our board legal counsel may have advised us incorrectly

User avatar 44.MoralityULack » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:12 pm

Sounds like a SWAT team will let you know if they want it back.

User avatar 45.RIP » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:18 pm

Sounds like a SWAT team will let you know if they want it back.
with a 3AM no knock. and tanks.

User avatar 46.Cus » Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:52 pm

3 days and no word yet.
This guy is full. of. shit:

Memmo claims he doesn’t remember whether he was present when the delivery was made, or whether he was the one who signed for it. Bullshit. You order a TV and it shows up you remember. Shows up with an even larger companion you REALLY remember that shit.

“Even if he dropped 10 TVs at my door, I wouldn’t have noticed,” he said. Bull. Shit.

“I hung the TV with no fear in mind,” he said, “because I didn’t think I’d done anything wrong.” The bullshit meter just pegged. If he didn't think he'd done anything wrong why'd he research it and then lie to the cops about it?

“But that’s my hard-earned money that I have to pay to defend myself for something that was delivered to my doorstep.” No, you have to pay your hard earned money to defend yourself because you're a lying asshole and you got caught being a lying asshole.

He may not serve 15 years but his innocence stopped when he refused the phone calls, lied about being home for the delivery, and lied about it being his signature. Then there's this gem: "I don't even watch TV, that's the worst part of it" yet he ordered a 75 incher and got an 86 incher along with it. Full. Of. Shit.

I'm a little surprised at you Juggsie, you've always been a strong advocate of personal accountability.

47.lil numby » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:24 pm

you don't own digital copies, only the licenses to view them on the platform you acquired them on or registered with. so if Vudu decides for whatever reason to stop supporting specific titles and/or studios, you can't watch the applicable title(s) any more.obviously you own DVDs, blu-rays, etc in perpetuity. so i'll get digital copies if i find a good deal or if it's a title i'm fine with taking the risk but will buy a blu-ray if it's something i'll want more of a guarantee on.

48.PG. » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:36 pm

The guy saw the same FAQ on the FTC website I saw when I got two xboxes.

In my case it was best buy that screwed up and I'm sure they just wrote it off. In this case it's the delivery company. And I would give it back in that case. But I felt no compulsion to call best buy. Sorry cus. I do agree the guy is full of shit lol... and should return it. But I don't think he will be convicted of anything. I would defer to supes and doc but think it is really a civil matter.

User avatar 49.DocZaius » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:32 pm

I'm no expert in Massachusetts criminal law, but I think the reason he was charged in this case is because he signed for the package and the package wasn't addressed to him. It's one thing to keep a package that was mistakenly addressed to you; it's another to sign for and keep a package that was addressed to someone else. It's not clear from the article if the TV was addressed to another person or not, or if he represented himself to be that person. It only says that it was intended to be delivered to another address.

He's full of shit for sure, though.

50.Juggs » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:13 am

3 days and no word yet.
This guy is full. of. shit:

Memmo claims he doesn’t remember whether he was present when the delivery was made, or whether he was the one who signed for it. Bullshit. You order a TV and it shows up you remember. Shows up with an even larger companion you REALLY remember that shit.

“Even if he dropped 10 TVs at my door, I wouldn’t have noticed,” he said. Bull. Shit.

“I hung the TV with no fear in mind,” he said, “because I didn’t think I’d done anything wrong.” The bullshit meter just pegged. If he didn't think he'd done anything wrong why'd he research it and then lie to the cops about it?

“But that’s my hard-earned money that I have to pay to defend myself for something that was delivered to my doorstep.” No, you have to pay your hard earned money to defend yourself because you're a lying asshole and you got caught being a lying asshole.

He may not serve 15 years but his innocence stopped when he refused the phone calls, lied about being home for the delivery, and lied about it being his signature. Then there's this gem: "I don't even watch TV, that's the worst part of it" yet he ordered a 75 incher and got an 86 incher along with it. Full. Of. Shit.

I'm a little surprised at you Juggsie, you've always been a strong advocate of personal accountability.
I didn't read all the details, naturally...I just skim shit on my phone while at work. That said....15 years is still bullshit for something so stupid, even if it is a touch of fraud or whatever the fuck :lol:
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else