I wonder if this guy hung with RIP at the O&B game...

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.Irish Mike » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:26 pm

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/ ... 33764.html

A captive cassowary, the large flightless animal considered the most dangerous of birds, killed a man Friday near Gainesville.

The Alachua County Sheriff’s Office is conducting a death investigation, spokesman Lt. Brett Rhodenizer said Saturday.

About 10:30 a.m., authorities received a call from a witness stating the man fell and had been attacked by the bird at a property off Alachua County Road 235 — northwest of the University of Florida in Gainesville — where the cassowary and other captive wildlife are housed.

The man, whose name was not released, had sustained “serious injuries” and was transported to a local hospital, said Alachua County Fire Rescue Deputy Chief Jeff Taylor in an email. He later died.

User avatar 2.RIP » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:49 pm

:lol:

3.9508 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:56 pm

I really admire the dedication to your craft.

User avatar 4.Cus » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:40 pm

I really admire the dedication to your craft.
Inventive too, he's never used a cassowary before.

How much must it suck to be killed by a bird?

User avatar 5.DocZaius » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:40 pm

Cassowaries ain't no joke.

User avatar 6.ufgators68 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:50 pm

Buckshot is the cure...

User avatar 7.MoralityULack » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:33 pm

Maybe raising them is a bad idea.
Trump got his deferments for the wrong thing. They shouldn't have been for his disappearing, imaginary bone spurs - they should have been for that yellow streak down his back. - Sen. Duckworth - Pilot who lost both legs in Iraq

User avatar 8.Irish Mike » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:02 pm

Fucking velociraptor.

9.Juggs » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:05 pm

hahahahahahaha

User avatar 10.MoralityULack » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:19 pm

Fucking velociraptor.
Correct.

160 pounds, 30mph, 7ft leap. 5 inch blades for claws. Known to attack and kill people.

Who would want this in their yard?
Trump got his deferments for the wrong thing. They shouldn't have been for his disappearing, imaginary bone spurs - they should have been for that yellow streak down his back. - Sen. Duckworth - Pilot who lost both legs in Iraq

User avatar 11.Cus » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:18 am

Could you have found a more epileptic seizure inducing video?

User avatar 12.DocZaius » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:23 am

Could you have found a more epileptic seizure inducing video?
Yes.

13.evil gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:26 pm

wtf why would anyone own a bird that can kill you.

14.HG 2.0 » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:22 pm

There used to be a "wild animal rescue " in that part of Gainesville. They would take animals retired from zoos or circuses and keep them there. I did some volunteer work for them once.
They had elephants, lions tigers, monkeys, you name it.

I wonder if that’s the place?

15.evil gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:26 pm

There used to be a "wild animal rescue " in that part of Gainesville. They would take animals retired from zoos or circuses and keep them there. I did some volunteer work for them once.
They had elephants, lions tigers, monkeys, you name it.

I wonder if that’s the place?
The article I saw didn't mention that. that would make more sense.

User avatar 16.99inNC » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:59 pm

This. It's like when I read about people who get mauled by their "pet" tiger or get bitten by their deadly venomous "pet" snake.

That's not tragic. That's natural selection.

17.evil gator » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:04 pm

This. It's like when I read about people who get mauled by their "pet" tiger or get bitten by their deadly venomous "pet" snake.

hahaha I can sort of get having a tiger or something to intimidate people and they're pretty but that bird "hey that bird I have can kill you" "sure, whatever"

User avatar 18.99inNC » Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:07 pm

hahaha I can sort of get having a tiger or something to intimidate people and they're pretty but that bird "hey that bird I have can kill you" "sure, whatever"
If you're one of these people who runs a rescue place and it happens, yeah, that sucks. But if you're just dumb shit who decided to illegally obtain a deadly animal and they kill you, hey, that's how it works.

I feel like that blessed animal is the pool guy at the large swimming pool of life and is armed with idiot-killing bleach.

User avatar 19.DocZaius » Fri Apr 26, 2019 5:06 pm

Now you can buy the bird that killed him.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/24/us/c ... orida.html

20.52:20 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:56 pm

Damn, didn’t realize they got him through the fence when he fell. Bitch ass bird.(no, I won’t tell it to it’s face)
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else