Kuerig

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.Juggs » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:50 pm

I never really "got it" until I started this new job where we have one. I've wanted one until I saw the price tag. Until now....$60 off on the K200, plus a $20 e-gift card at Best Buy

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/keurig-k20 ... Id=7678017

User avatar 2.RIP » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:52 pm

It's been a few years since I've had Kuerig coffee but when I did it always tasted too weak. I drink New England Donut Shop. It's $3/bag from Walmart and delicious black.

User avatar 3.Denver-Gator » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:55 pm

Convenient, but not cost effective IMO. I usually drink more than one K-Cup can make. At a little over 0.50 a cup, it's cheaper and better to grind my own.

4.Juggs » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:57 pm

It's been a few years since I've had Kuerig coffee but when I did it always tasted too weak. I drink New England Donut Shop. It's $3/bag from Walmart and delicious black.
Now some of them, like that one, has options for stronger brews. Before I had heard people complain about that, but now you can make it bolder.

I'll still use my own coffee grinds though. What I really like about it is that my kid can just hit the hot chocolate button and make it herself. She goes through a ton of hot chocolate and I don't want her taking the hot water out of the microwave.

I also drink a ton of hot tea and I've just gotten spoiled with hitting a button :oops:

User avatar 5.RIP » Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:59 pm

I didn't know that :scratchchin:

User avatar 6.Denver-Gator » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:01 pm

Now some of them, like that one, has options for stronger brews. Before I had heard people complain about that, but now you can make it bolder.

I'll still use my own coffee grinds though. What I really like about it is that my kid can just hit the hot chocolate button and make it herself. She goes through a ton of hot chocolate and I don't want her taking the hot water out of the microwave.

I also drink a ton of hot tea and I've just gotten spoiled with hitting a button :oops:
Why don't you want her taking hot water out of the microwave? I thought you were all about Darwinism, the first time she scalds herself, she'll learn. :beatsme:

7.Juggs » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:12 pm

Why don't you want her taking hot water out of the microwave? I thought you were all about Darwinism, the first time she scalds herself, she'll learn. :beatsme:
Accidents and stupidity are not the same thing.

User avatar 8.angrigator » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:13 pm

French press and a carafe to hold hot until the next cup. Anything else pales by comparison.

User avatar 9.Panamag8or » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:24 pm

I hear Kuerigs always have water in them and grow mold.

User avatar 10.RIP » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:32 pm

I saw one with a dead mouse in the reservoir on Reddit :lol:

User avatar 11.DocZaius » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:48 pm

Hey me too!

12.Juggs » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:04 am

Well it's like any other item you put water in. You do have to clean the fucking thing and if you leave water sitting stagnant in there for a week or two without using it, you're just a dumbass :lol:

13.Juggs » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:05 am

French press and a carafe to hold hot until the next cup. Anything else pales by comparison.
I use a french press now and I'm over it :lol:

User avatar 14.Panamag8or » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:12 am

I just use a cheap-ass generic coffee maker. I'm not looking for some orgasmic experience, coffee is just a caffeine delivery system.

User avatar 15.RIP » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:42 am

Hey me too!
Do you have an account or just lurk? I've never posted anything but my cousin did post my Jameis/Chef from Little Mermaid mashup on there which was considered hilarious 8-)

User avatar 16.RIP » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:43 am

I just use a cheap-ass generic coffee maker. I'm not looking for some orgasmic experience, coffee is just a caffeine delivery system.
I have a Cusinart and love it. Fuck Mr. Coffee. Those bitches break within months of daily use.

17.9508 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:25 am

Had a Keurig, it was ok. Convenient, easy, expensive.

Wife got me a simple espresso machine. It’s a pain to use, but fine on the weekends when I have time. But I did get a cheap ass grinder to use with it.

After I got the grinder I bought a simple pour over setup. Crazy easy to use, cheap, tasty coffee fast. Think that and the grinder set me back 30 bucks.

18.gatorbreeze » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:46 am

We have an older kuerig but clean it regularly with vinegar as recommended. We bought some refillable cups and use disposable paper filters. Mz. Breeze only likes one cup but I like 2 to 3 in the mornings. She likes French toast while I go for hearty dark roast.

User avatar 19.DocZaius » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:50 am

Hey me too!
Do you have an account or just lurk? I've never posted anything but my cousin did post my Jameis/Chef from Little Mermaid mashup on there which was considered hilarious 8-)
I have a couple accounts, but I don't post much either. It's a much younger nerdier crowd than I care for.

User avatar 20.Irish Mike » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:52 am

+1 QFT

21.Tommy » Fri Apr 12, 2019 9:38 am

Just got a HB w the single cup brewer, uses ground coffee, or a k cup, very very good cup of coffee, using ground coffee

User avatar 22.ufgators68 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:37 am

+1 QFT
Same.

We do spend a few bucks on decent coffee though. Invader Coffee's Whiskey Blend is wonderful. Pretty much all of their coffee, that we have tried, is really good.

http://invadercoffee.com/invader-coffee-whiskey-blend/

23.lil numby » Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:30 pm

dark magic is the best k-cup out there if you like it strong

24.Juggs » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:53 pm

I usually buy beans from a local place, so I got a K filter for my own grinds.

I may check that out though.

User avatar 25.Cus » Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:15 pm

+1 QFT
+2. Mr Coffee and if it breaks in a few months (which I've never had one do) just get a new one. They're not that expensive.

Agree with 68, rather than spend $$$ on a machine I prefer to spend it on higher end coffee. I rather like the Hawaiian Kona stuff myself.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else