Mad Monks Inn

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.MoralityULack » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:06 am

Just went for pasta which I never eat and was reminiscing.

Who remembers?

I remember my roommate andI I would go every Wednesday for spaghetti night. A plate full of spaghetti and four meatballs the size of baseballs (but they gave us regulars five) a side salad, and unlimited garlic bread and a half carafe of wine for 1.95? 2.95? each. For a dollar more you could get a full carafe.

They had Robert Hunter, a semi-famous blind bluesman once a week. Tuesdays? Thursdays? Really great but he was a drunk and would fall off the stage virtually every week. Probably why he wasn't as big as Ray Charles. Real deal though.

My absolute best memory was I was a shy redneck from the sticks and I took this stunning blonde city girl that was my neighbor and way way out of my league on blues night. She loved Motown and Memphis. Records. But I don't know if she had ever seen live blues. Home run date, but I was tentative and awkward. So she sexually assaulted me. Life changing.

User avatar 2.panamag8or » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:41 am

I remember the name, but was way too young to ever go there, old fart.

3.Tommy » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:38 am

Epic story bro

User avatar 4.MoralityULack » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:24 pm

Not a single picture of it on the internet. Sad. Probably went there 100 times.

5.shutout » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:02 pm

You want me to delete this thread bro?

6.PG. » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:02 pm

Considerate.

7.newmexigator » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:10 pm

Just went for pasta which I never eat and was reminiscing.

Who remembers?

I remember my roommate andI I would go every Wednesday for spaghetti night. A plate full of spaghetti and four meatballs the size of baseballs (but they gave us regulars five) a side salad, and unlimited garlic bread and a half carafe of wine for 1.95? 2.95? each. For a dollar more you could get a full carafe.

They had Robert Hunter, a semi-famous blind bluesman once a week. Tuesdays? Thursdays? Really great but he was a drunk and would fall off the stage virtually every week. Probably why he wasn't as big as Ray Charles. Real deal though.

My absolute best memory was I was a shy redneck from the sticks and I took this stunning blonde city girl that was my neighbor and way way out of my league on blues night. She loved Motown and Memphis. Records. But I don't know if she had ever seen live blues. Home run date, but I was tentative and awkward. So she sexually assaulted me. Life changing.
:numby:
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else