Watching Football

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 26.Cus » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:03 pm

I didn't even realize they were playing, but I looked it up.

On first down from the five the running back took the ball left, handed off on a reverse to the receiver - who then threw a pass to the QB for the rub your nose in it touchdown. Just a little reminder who the coach is.

27.Juggs » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:13 pm

:lol:

User avatar 28.99inNC » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:25 pm

Didn't see the game, but watched the highlights and read some write-ups. Here's what I can tell so far:

Steve Spurrier teams nearly ALWAYS out-scheme the opponent on offense. Almost every time. The crossing route in his offense is good for a first down almost every time and if he has athletes it has a chance to go the distance.
If you settle for field goals against a Spurrier team, good luck to you.
The fact that there are no extra points allowed, I have to believe that Spurrier got to make that rule himself. I like to think he would've gone for 2 every time when he was our coach if he truly wanted to.
Gilbert is a pretty good QB and if Spurrier has his way, he will probably get another look in the NFL next year.
I enjoy watching SOS teams beat other teams' asses.
The ol' ball coach will have fun with this as long as his health holds up.
If Akeem Hunt ends up actually being as good as he looked in this game, watch out. When Spurrier has a game-breaking RB...hoo boy.
I hope Appleby gets some decent playing time.
I felt like I was watching a CFB game with Danielson yammering. :lol:

User avatar 29.GFY » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:54 pm

From what I watched, there was good QB play and some great catches by the WR's. I think I heard them say that you can't rush more than 5, so it should be a high scoring league.
Yeah, kind of a weird rule, but clearly they realize the audience wants offense.
Also reduces the chance of killing the QB
“Let us work together to build a culture that cherishes innocent life. And let us reaffirm a fundamental truth – all children – born and unborn – are made in the holy image of God.” - Pres Donald Trump

30.shutout » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:12 pm

Also watched the highlights.. and shopped for an ORL shirt. :lol: I like the kick-free game speedups, Spurrier's O was pretty ridiculous, he has that TE pick and roll crossing route play mastered. Hilarious that it outscored the NBA in TV viewership.

I like a lot of things about the format of the league, but I'm super skeptical that many players will get legit callups because they're already, at best, the 32nd-best guy at their position. And I hate most of the team names.

Anyways, it's football.

31.9508 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:18 am

Yeah, kind of a weird rule, but clearly they realize the audience wants offense.
And yet... he got up and kept playing. Must be one of those miracles.

User avatar 32.GFY » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:08 pm

And yet... he got up and kept playing. Must be one of those miracles.
Actually he had to sit out the next play since his helmet came off.
“Let us work together to build a culture that cherishes innocent life. And let us reaffirm a fundamental truth – all children – born and unborn – are made in the holy image of God.” - Pres Donald Trump
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else