Alliance Football

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.GFY » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:09 am

AAF
Last edited by GFY on Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Let us work together to build a culture that cherishes innocent life. And let us reaffirm a fundamental truth – all children – born and unborn – are made in the holy image of God.” - Pres Donald Trump

User avatar 2.panabadheart » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:09 am

Yup.

User avatar 3.Irish Mike » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:12 am

Got it on. Not sure I'll be glued to the TV though

User avatar 4.GFY » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:17 am

Fuck me. Apollos are wearing Auburn orange and blue.
“Let us work together to build a culture that cherishes innocent life. And let us reaffirm a fundamental truth – all children – born and unborn – are made in the holy image of God.” - Pres Donald Trump

User avatar 5.panabadheart » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:38 am

Fuck me. Apollos are wearing Auburn orange and blue.
Looks more like Denver.

User avatar 6.panabadheart » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:40 am

That QB sucks. Give me Appleby!

User avatar 7.Irish Mike » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:42 am

That QB sucks. Give me Appleby!
Goddamnt. Is it 2017 again?

User avatar 8.Irish Mike » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:49 am

SOUR!

User avatar 9.GFY » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:13 am

Stupid bitch Replay Officlal can’t make up her mind. :lol:

User avatar 10.ufgators68 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:36 am

Orlando vs Atlanta is a pretty good game... for Spurrier. :lol:

User avatar 11.panabadheart » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:36 am

SOS just had back surgery a few months ago... doesn't look like it helped much.

User avatar 12.DocZaius » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:39 am

Highlight reel:

User avatar 13.Irish Mike » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:54 pm

Wasn't a bad product. They are smart to consider themselves as a developmental/second chance league and not try to act like an equal to the NFL.

Also smart to make the production look as close to the NFL as possible.

User avatar 14.GFY » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:18 pm

I enjoyed it. I mean it’s football and beats watching the NBA on Saturday night.

I’ll root for SOS and Orlando but Mike you can root for the Salt Lske Stallions since they have former ‘Cane Dennis Erickson as their coach.

User avatar 15.panabadheart » Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:45 pm

I looked up tickets for an Orlando game. I might try to make one.

16.52:20 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 6:56 pm

Wasn't a bad product. They are smart to consider themselves as a developmental/second chance league and not try to act like an equal to the NFL.

From what I watched, there was good QB play and some great catches by the WR's. I think I heard them say that you can't rush more than 5, so it should be a high scoring league.

17.Juggs » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:59 pm

From what I watched, there was good QB play and some great catches by the WR's. I think I heard them say that you can't rush more than 5, so it should be a high scoring league.
Yeah, kind of a weird rule, but clearly they realize the audience wants offense.

18.9508 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:05 pm

Yeah, kind of a weird rule, but clearly they realize the audience wants offense.
Also reduces the chance of killing the QB

User avatar 19.panabadheart » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:06 pm

The shorter play clock helps, too.

User avatar 20.GFY » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:01 pm

Furthermore you can’t rush more than 5 but you can’t rush more than 2 LBs from the same side. 1 has to be on either side of the center. Illegal defense is a 15 yard penalty.
Last edited by GFY on Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar 21.GFY » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:02 pm

I saw the QB get rocked a couple of times last night.

22.9508 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:47 pm

I saw the QB get rocked a couple of times last night.
Yes.. contact still happens. It’s almost like they are playing football.

User avatar 23.MoralityULack » Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:54 pm

I didn't even realize they were playing, but I looked it up.

On first down from the five the running back took the ball left, handed off on a reverse to the receiver - who then threw a pass to the QB for the rub your nose in it touchdown. Just a little reminder who the coach is.

User avatar 24.GFY » Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:57 am

Another observation with the start up. 4 of the 8 teams are from SEC country. Smart move. If they can get the hotbed of football interested and involved then the league could possibly be a success.

25.Supes44444 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:03 pm

I truly enjoyed watching it. Orlando handed Atlanta their ass for sure.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else