Hook in mouth 2019 politics thread

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1226.9508 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:05 pm

Yeah, Dems are about 25% of the population... not 80%

The gerrymandering isn’t THAT bad.

1227.9508 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:19 pm

Can’t piss off the base

User avatar 1228.GFY » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:14 am

I’d like to see these reports and stats.
“Let us work together to build a culture that cherishes innocent life. And let us reaffirm a fundamental truth – all children – born and unborn – are made in the holy image of God.” - Pres Donald Trump

User avatar 1229.MoralityULack » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:34 am

Here is a start
the number of hate crimes has spiked dramatically since 2016
I wonder why? :169:
From 2016 to 2017, U.S. incidents that were attributable to anti-Muslim bias increased 17 percent, according to data from the Council on American-Islamic Relations. There were 2,599 instances in 2017, according to the group, which tracks and investigates incidents reported in the media and to its local chapters.
Hate crimes against Muslims, which is a specific legal designation, rose by 15 percent for a total of 300 incidents in 2017, according to CAIR.
The FBI collects information from states that report these crimes voluntarily or are required to report their data by state law. Based on that information, the FBI said hate crimes against all groups rose 17 percent from 2016 to 2017. That’s despite the fact that all violent crimes decreased 0.2 percent in the same time period.
In the U.S. alone, hate crimes increased for the third year in a row in 2017, according to FBI statistics. Racial and ethnic hate attacks accounted for a majority of them, the FBI said in its latest hate crimes report.
If you correct for "massive underreporting" in the FBI's voluntary database, the Bureau of Justice Statistics estimates the number of hate crimes a year could be closer to 250,000
The New Zealand attack comes after recent racial violence in the U.S. Domestic extremists killed at least 50 people in the U.S. in 2018, making it the fourth deadliest year for extremist-related killings since 1970, according to the Anti-Defamation League, a non-profit that fights anti-Semitism and all forms of bigotry. White supremacists committed the majority of the murders in 2018, the ADL said.
The United States is the epicenter of the world in terms of how white identity is seen,” said Karam Dana, a professor of Middle East politics
Over 1,000 Hate Groups Are Now Active in United States, Civil Rights Group Says
Most hate groups in the United States, including the Ku Klux Klan, espouse some form of white supremacist ideology, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.
According to a new report by the Anti-Defamation League, white supremacy propaganda increased by 182 percent in 2018 compared with the year before.
"We're seeing an increase in the propaganda. Again, when we look at their propaganda, they are borrowing propaganda techniques from other terrorist groups," said John Miller, New York's deputy head of counter terrorism

ISIS inspired its followers online and now white supremacists are doing the same. Far-right attacks in Europe jumped 43 percent between 2016 and 2017. In the U.S., right-wing extremists were linked to at least 50 murders last year, a 35 percent increase over 2017.
Hate Crimes Increase for the Third Consecutive Year, F.B.I. Reports
Anti-Semitic Attacks Fuel Continuing Rise in Hate Crimes in New York
A hate-filled manifesto believed to be written by the New Zealand attacker included references to the Second Amendment, with the gunman writing that he hoped conflicts over firearms would eventually lead to the United States splitting along political, cultural and racial lines. He also wrote that he supports President Donald Trump “as a symbol of renewed white identity.”

1230.9508 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:41 pm

How’s that?

1231.9508 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:54 pm

In other news. Who’s shocked by this insight.

It’s AOC’s fault...

User avatar 1232.GFY » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:01 am

Here is a start
From 2016 to 2017, U.S. incidents that were attributable to anti-Muslim bias increased 17 percent, according to data from the Council on American-Islamic Relations. There were 2,599 instances in 2017, according to the group, which tracks and investigates incidents reported in the media and to its local chapters.
Hate crimes against Muslims, which is a specific legal designation, rose by 15 percent for a total of 300 incidents in 2017, according to CAIR.
The FBI collects information from states that report these crimes voluntarily or are required to report their data by state law. Based on that information, the FBI said hate crimes against all groups rose 17 percent from 2016 to 2017. That’s despite the fact that all violent crimes decreased 0.2 percent in the same time period.
In the U.S. alone, hate crimes increased for the third year in a row in 2017, according to FBI statistics. Racial and ethnic hate attacks accounted for a majority of them, the FBI said in its latest hate crimes report.
If you correct for "massive underreporting" in the FBI's voluntary database, the Bureau of Justice Statistics estimates the number of hate crimes a year could be closer to 250,000
The New Zealand attack comes after recent racial violence in the U.S. Domestic extremists killed at least 50 people in the U.S. in 2018, making it the fourth deadliest year for extremist-related killings since 1970, according to the Anti-Defamation League, a non-profit that fights anti-Semitism and all forms of bigotry. White supremacists committed the majority of the murders in 2018, the ADL said.
The United States is the epicenter of the world in terms of how white identity is seen,” said Karam Dana, a professor of Middle East politics
Most hate groups in the United States, including the Ku Klux Klan, espouse some form of white supremacist ideology, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center.
According to a new report by the Anti-Defamation League, white supremacy propaganda increased by 182 percent in 2018 compared with the year before.
"We're seeing an increase in the propaganda. Again, when we look at their propaganda, they are borrowing propaganda techniques from other terrorist groups," said John Miller, New York's deputy head of counter terrorism

ISIS inspired its followers online and now white supremacists are doing the same. Far-right attacks in Europe jumped 43 percent between 2016 and 2017. In the U.S., right-wing extremists were linked to at least 50 murders last year, a 35 percent increase over 2017.
A hate-filled manifesto believed to be written by the New Zealand attacker included references to the Second Amendment, with the gunman writing that he hoped conflicts over firearms would eventually lead to the United States splitting along political, cultural and racial lines. He also wrote that he supports President Donald Trump “as a symbol of renewed white identity.”
How is Trump responsible?
“Let us work together to build a culture that cherishes innocent life. And let us reaffirm a fundamental truth – all children – born and unborn – are made in the holy image of God.” - Pres Donald Trump

User avatar 1233.RIP » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:11 am

Carlson is a huge piece of shit

1234.9508 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:30 am

Carlson is a huge piece of shit
I’m gonna have to agree.

1235.9508 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:33 am

Here is a start

He isn’t. I believe people are responsible for their actions, But he is ignoring it, instead of directing more resources to prevent it. Read earlier that radical right wing freaks are now responsible for 73% of the terrorist action in the US in the last decade. You tell me chief, should we acknowledge what’s happening or deny it?

User avatar 1236.GFY » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:37 am

Here is a start

He isn’t. I believe people are responsible for their actions, But he is ignoring it, instead of directing more resources to prevent it. Read earlier that radical right wing freaks are now responsible for 73% of the terrorist action in the US in the last decade. You tell me chief, should we acknowledge what’s happening or deny it?
I agree. But not saying or responding to every little hate crime is a bit naive. As for your 73% stat I would like to read that.

1237.9508 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:39 am

I agree. But not saying or responding to every little hate crime is a bit naive. As for your 73% stat I would like to read that.
Then google it. And 49 dead is hardly a little hate crime.

User avatar 1238.RIP » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:44 am

Reb don't get out of bed for less than 75 dead.

User avatar 1239.GFY » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:21 am

Oh, so we are talking about world wide crime?

User avatar 1240.GFY » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:02 pm

1241.9508 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:36 pm

Of course there is.

1242.9508 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:40 pm

Oh, so we are talking about world wide crime?
Both US, and world wide radical right wing terrorists are increasing in number and the frequency of attacks is increasing.

User avatar 1243.MoralityULack » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:59 pm

Just a reminder....

Exhibit A: Hero who volunteered for Vietnam, when his original ship was put out of action, volunteered for the ship with the most action and casualties, and flew 23 missions in the most dangerous time of the war, and while severely injured, volunteered to stay behind and be tortured to set an example for other prisoners. A man who put his country and fellow Americans ahead of his own life.
McCain’s bomber was hit by a surface-to-air missile on Oct. 26, 1967, destroying the aircraft’s right wing. According to McCain, the plane entered an “inverted, almost straight-down spin,” and he ejected.

But the sheer force of the ejection broke his right leg and both arms, knocking him unconscious, the report said. McCain came to as he landed in a lake, but burdened by heavy equipment, he sank straight to the bottom. Able to kick to the surface momentarily for air, he somehow managed to activate his life preserver with his teeth.

Once he reached the surface, he was pulled ashore by some North Vietnamese, the account said.

As his captors tore at his clothes in the wake of the crash, McCain recalls realizing the extent of his injuries. When he noticed the injuries to his right leg –- which he says had fractured at the knee –- one of his captors slammed a rifle butt into his right shoulder, shattering it, the account said. He was then bayoneted in the abdomen and foot.

Over the next few days, he “lapsed from conscious to unconsciousness” while the North Vietnamese interrogated him, he said. “I refused to give them anything except my name, rank, serial number and date of birth,” McCain said in the U.S. News report. “I was in such a bad shape that when they hit me it would knock me unconscious,” he said.

The North Vietnamese hoped to score a propaganda victory by offering McCain an early release. McCain has said he refused the offer on the condition that he would only accept if every man captured before him was released as well.

McCain says his torture began in August of 1968. “For the next four days, I was beaten every two or three hours by different guards. My left arm was broken again and my ribs were cracked,”
Exhibit B: Draft dodger, coward, liar, traitor, with 17 employees caught secretly conspiring with the enemy that supplied the missiles and support to the people who tortured John McCain. Racist, rapist child molesting crook that always puts himself first and his country last.
The daughters of a Queens foot doctor say their late father diagnosed President Donald Trump with bone spurs to help him avoid the Vietnam War draft as a “favor” to his father Fred Trump, according to a new report Wednesday.

Dr. Larry Braunstein, a podiatrist who died in 2007, often told the story of providing Donald Trump with the diagnosis of bone spurs in his heels so he could be exempt from military service, his two daughters — Dr. Elysa Braunstein and Sharon Kessel — told the New York Times.

Dr. Braunstein rented his office in Jamaica, Queens, from Fred Trump in the 1960s, the Times reported, citing records. His two daughters told the Times that their father provided the diagnosis of bone spurs as a courtesy to the elder Trump.

“I know it was a favor,” Elysa Braunstein told the newspaper, who added that the “small favor” got her father “access” to Fred Trump.

“If there was anything wrong in the building, my dad would call and (Fred) Trump would take care of it immediately,” she told The Times.
And the disloyal POS as the gaul to attack the hero. He should have his legs and arms broken, have his broken dislocated arms tied behind his back, be hung by his elbows and be beaten with baseball bats for days and weeks and years on end just as McCain was.

User avatar 1244.angrigator » Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:17 pm

Just a reminder....

Exhibit A: Hero who volunteered for Vietnam, when his original ship was put out of action, volunteered for the ship with the most action and casualties, and flew 23 missions in the most dangerous time of the war, and while severely injured, volunteered to stay behind and be tortured to set an example for other prisoners. A man who put his country and fellow Americans ahead of his own life.
McCain’s bomber was hit by a surface-to-air missile on Oct. 26, 1967, destroying the aircraft’s right wing. According to McCain, the plane entered an “inverted, almost straight-down spin,” and he ejected.

But the sheer force of the ejection broke his right leg and both arms, knocking him unconscious, the report said. McCain came to as he landed in a lake, but burdened by heavy equipment, he sank straight to the bottom. Able to kick to the surface momentarily for air, he somehow managed to activate his life preserver with his teeth.

Once he reached the surface, he was pulled ashore by some North Vietnamese, the account said.

As his captors tore at his clothes in the wake of the crash, McCain recalls realizing the extent of his injuries. When he noticed the injuries to his right leg –- which he says had fractured at the knee –- one of his captors slammed a rifle butt into his right shoulder, shattering it, the account said. He was then bayoneted in the abdomen and foot.

Over the next few days, he “lapsed from conscious to unconsciousness” while the North Vietnamese interrogated him, he said. “I refused to give them anything except my name, rank, serial number and date of birth,” McCain said in the U.S. News report. “I was in such a bad shape that when they hit me it would knock me unconscious,” he said.

The North Vietnamese hoped to score a propaganda victory by offering McCain an early release. McCain has said he refused the offer on the condition that he would only accept if every man captured before him was released as well.

McCain says his torture began in August of 1968. “For the next four days, I was beaten every two or three hours by different guards. My left arm was broken again and my ribs were cracked,”
Exhibit B: Draft dodger, coward, liar, traitor, with 17 employees caught secretly conspiring with the enemy that supplied the missiles and support to the people who tortured John McCain. Racist, rapist child molesting crook that always puts himself first and his country last.
The daughters of a Queens foot doctor say their late father diagnosed President Donald Trump with bone spurs to help him avoid the Vietnam War draft as a “favor” to his father Fred Trump, according to a new report Wednesday.

Dr. Larry Braunstein, a podiatrist who died in 2007, often told the story of providing Donald Trump with the diagnosis of bone spurs in his heels so he could be exempt from military service, his two daughters — Dr. Elysa Braunstein and Sharon Kessel — told the New York Times.

Dr. Braunstein rented his office in Jamaica, Queens, from Fred Trump in the 1960s, the Times reported, citing records. His two daughters told the Times that their father provided the diagnosis of bone spurs as a courtesy to the elder Trump.

“I know it was a favor,” Elysa Braunstein told the newspaper, who added that the “small favor” got her father “access” to Fred Trump.

“If there was anything wrong in the building, my dad would call and (Fred) Trump would take care of it immediately,” she told The Times.
And the disloyal POS as the gaul to attack the hero. He should have his legs and arms broken, have his broken dislocated arms tied behind his back, be hung by his elbows and be beaten with baseball bats for days and weeks and years on end just as McCain was.
gall

1245.gatorbreeze » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:21 pm

Just a reminder....

gall
Ahahaha. Hat's off AG!

1246.9508 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:00 pm

For Reb.

No this doesn’t mean the Republican Party is the party of white supremacy.

https://www.salon.com/2019/03/09/neo-na ... y_partner/

But it does mean white supremists are trying to make it so.

User avatar 1247.Irish Mike » Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:05 pm

User avatar 1248.GFY » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:59 pm

1249.9508 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:33 pm

Good job finding two locations with a serious dearth of white folks.

You realize saying radical right wing violence rising has literally nothing to do with other violence right?

I’m trying to picture white supremecists recruiting in Nigeria.

User avatar 1250.Irish Mike » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:34 pm

Good job finding two locations with a serious dearth of white folks.

You realize saying radical right wing violence rising has literally nothing to do with other violence right?

I’m trying to picture white supremecists recruiting in Nigeria.
I always took you for a guy that likes a challenge.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else