Damnit RIP!

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.9508 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:46 pm

Where’s the drinking thread?

Rum

User avatar 2.Irish Mike » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:48 pm

Rum
Fuck ton of beer. Mom has been on a ventilator since Monday. Finally got off it today and is breathing on her own and talking.

If the hospital wasn't 50 miles away I would have been drunk by 3 today.

User avatar 3.evs' Boytoy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:49 pm

SLamming beer. About to eat a pizza that I will regret tomorrow.

Sorry, Mike. Hope things go well with the mom.

4.9508 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:49 pm

Goddamn we got some shit going on in the TGB personal lives.

5.9508 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:50 pm

A drink for you,your Mom, For Supes and his Wife.

User avatar 6.Irish Mike » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:54 pm

Ain't nothing too serious. She went into anyphylactic shock but has no known allergies at 73 years old.

Her neck swelled up too bad so they intubated her before it got so bad that they'd have to do a trach.

Took 4 days for the swelling to go down. Now we need to figure out what caused it.

User avatar 7.Irish Mike » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:54 pm

I didn't want to piggy back on Supes's worries but I'm drunk now..

User avatar 8.MoralityULack » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:56 pm

Bruichladdich 10>Lagavulin 8>Kilchoman Loch Gorm>?

Going to the Symphony tonight. They ran a semi-secret single day sale for $20 tickets and we got tickets to 4 shows.
Trump got his deferments for the wrong thing. They shouldn't have been for his disappearing, imaginary bone spurs - they should have been for that yellow streak down his back. - Sen. Duckworth - Pilot who lost both legs in Iraq

User avatar 9.MoralityULack » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:58 pm

Rum
Fuck ton of beer. Mom has been on a ventilator since Monday. Finally got off it today and is breathing on her own and talking.

Glad your Mom is better.
Trump got his deferments for the wrong thing. They shouldn't have been for his disappearing, imaginary bone spurs - they should have been for that yellow streak down his back. - Sen. Duckworth - Pilot who lost both legs in Iraq

10.9508 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:59 pm

Going to the Symphony tonight. They ran a semi-secret single day sale for $20 tickets and we got tickets to 4 shows.
Nice!

User avatar 11.Irish Mike » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:00 am

Vds liquor selection makes me feel like I'm reading Lord of the Rings or something.... :lol:

User avatar 12.Irish Mike » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:01 am

Rum

Glad your Mom is better.
Thanks. :numby:

13.9508 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:02 am

I didn't want to piggy back on Supes's worries but I'm drunk now..
Ain’t like that. I feel for anyone dealing with medical shit.

My wife had her last Dr’s appointment today. 8 surgeries last year, but she is cancer free. I’m so fortunate to be past that shit. And so happy for her that she is healthy and done. I hope for health and well-being for all of the denizens of TGB and their family.

14.9508 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:05 am

Vds liquor selection makes me feel like I'm reading Lord of the Rings or something.... :lol:
Swear to God if the Dwarves start singing I’m skipping a dozen pages.

User avatar 15.MoralityULack » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:34 am

:lol:

User avatar 16.MoralityULack » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:37 am

Nice!
Especially cool because it is within easy walking distance. One of the best features of this spot. Gonna miss that when we sell.

17.9508 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:42 am

Nice!
Especially cool because it is within easy walking distance. One of the best features of this spot. Gonna miss that when we sell.
I get that. I figure it’s a matter of time before work fucks me over and I either have to move or move on. I really like this town. It’s hopping right now. There is good energy.

User avatar 18.MoralityULack » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:58 am

Yeah. We love it here. We have had this house 12 years. I just want to take the large increase in value out and apply it to some investments before something happens. Its too much imaginary money to leave imaginary.

Its not clear what we do after that. We may buy here again (better to have the cash out of this house and owe a bunch on something we can sell). Or we may move to NM or CO... eventually.

19.PG. » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:01 am

Nice!
I get that. I figure it’s a matter of time before work fucks me over and I either have to move or move on. I really like this town. It’s hopping right now. There is good energy.
Trump effect.

20.rampart » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:06 am

Ain't nothing too serious. She went into anyphylactic shock but has no known allergies at 73 years old.

Her neck swelled up too bad so they intubated her before it got so bad that they'd have to do a trach.

Took 4 days for the swelling to go down. Now we need to figure out what caused it.
Nothing too serious??? She got lucky, glad they caught it quick enough and got the tube before the swelling was too much. Allergic reactions come on so fast. Hope the docs find the cause. Damn, best wishes for your mom.

21.9508 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:26 am

Trump effect.
Yeah... no

User avatar 22.Irish Mike » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:29 am

Nothing too serious??? She got lucky, glad they caught it quick enough and got the tube before the swelling was too much. Allergic reactions come on so fast. Hope the docs find the cause. Damn, best wishes for your mom.
Thanks. Serious as in we weren't worried about losing her once she was stabilized.

The reaction was definitely serious and we'll figure out what caused it.

User avatar 23.RIP » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:40 am

Sober tonight unfortunately. I'll remedy that tomorrow. Glad your Mom is OK Mike.

24.gatorbreeze » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:22 am

Happy your mom is doing better Mike.
Remember when you were young, broke and pissed off at the world? Well, you're older now.

User avatar 25.Panamag8or » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:35 am

Four shows? I would think one would be enough... and I was in an orchestra.

Anyway...
Weed, no booze... yet.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else