Ron Zook (not dead)

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

51.9508 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:13 am

I’m not opposed to beating up frat boys per se...
Im all for the Outlaws having a turn with them. Not a representative of the school.
Fair enough

User avatar 52.Irish Mike » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:13 am

I’m not opposed to beating up frat boys per se...
Im all for the Outlaws having a turn with them. Not a representative of the school.
Fair enough
:lol:

53.Juggs » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:53 am

oh sorry I have him on ignore. Like everything else, he's of course wrong on this.
:hatsoff:

54.52:20 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:06 am

The guy who caught a keg with his face is a state rep who will be running for State Senate next go around.

User avatar 55.Irish Mike » Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:39 am

The guy who caught a keg with his face is a state rep who will be running for State Senate next go around.
Guess Taurean Charles didn't finish the job...

56.shutout » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:30 am

Mac had baggage before his job at UF, Foley was too arrogant to do his due diligence. After Mus, needed to be a solid hire, Foley failed miserably, cost UF millions, not surprised if Mac hire didn’t speed up his retirement
were there a ton of great coaches available that Foley passed over in favor of Mac?
Mark Stoops, Kirby Smart, Chad Morris, Justin Fuente.

57.newmexigator » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:34 pm

Maybe. His drunk driving arrest won’t play well and there will be m a n y candidates in play.

58.52:20 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:35 pm

He’s running

59.newmexigator » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:22 am

He’s running
Yeah, no shit?

User avatar 60.evs' Boytoy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:23 am

He’s running
Yeah, no shit?
No!
Shit!
Till bushes!

61.newmexigator » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:25 am

Salad days

User avatar 62.Cus » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:49 am

He’s running
Yeah, no shit?
No!
Shit!
Till bushes!
VERY well played... :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar 63.Cus » Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:51 am

Mac had baggage before his job at UF, Foley was too arrogant to do his due diligence. After Mus, needed to be a solid hire, Foley failed miserably, cost UF millions, not surprised if Mac hire didn’t speed up his retirement
were there a ton of great coaches available that Foley passed over in favor of Mac?
None of those except maybe Smart had any name cache in 2014.

User avatar 64.evs' Boytoy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:06 am

Yeah, no shit?
No!
Shit!
Till bushes!
VERY well played... :lol: :lol: :lol:
:bow:

65.Tommy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:50 am

None of those except maybe Smart had any name cache in 2014.
When your paid over a million a year to manage a football program, i would hope they would have a bit more knowledge than us fans. Foley was a arrogant dick who ran a successful program in the ground, it revived once his horse face self was gone.

User avatar 66.DocZaius » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:21 pm

https://www.hireronzook.com/
Ron Zook for University of Illinois Defensive Coordinator

✓ Proven Recruiter

✓ Rarely Sleeps

✓ Rose Bowl Runner-Up

✓ Likely still has Illinois attire

✓ Fifth Bullet Point

67.Fishon » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:52 pm

I don't really blame zook for being zook. He was a bad coach no doubt, but he tried he just wasn't up for the task. Zook is 100% on Spurrier and Foley. Although Zook was a little embarrassing going after the frat, he is a good guy.

Muschamp could have been a good coach I think, but his roid rage got the best of him too often and he was unwilling to change. If he would have allowed there to be an offense instead of being stuck in a DC's "if I were a head coach" mentality maybe he could have done some good.
No redeeming quality for Mclewang. The guy couldn't coach but acted like he were Saban and everybody else was crazy for not seeing it. He was too lazy and aloof to be bothered with any management or oversight of the program. W/L records be damned, Mclewang is the worst of the three by a mile.

I guess there is one good thing about Mclewang, he really makes me appreciate what Mullin has done. Mac is probably telling anybody within ear shot that he would have won the SEC if he were allowed to stay another year, blaming it on last years suspensions. You know he is.
agree with all of this

68.evil gator » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:41 pm

Look, I sat thru some excruiciatingly shitty games of Zooks at BHG, I'm not ready to forgive him

69.rampart » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:46 pm

Look, I sat thru some excruiciatingly shitty games of Zooks at BHG, I'm not ready to forgive him
Get some of whatever pg is smoking and it’ll all be good

70.9508 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:19 pm

Preach on.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else