I've been

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

1.Juggs » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:43 am

Awake roughly 36 hours...damn near half delusional and can't stop yawning, but can I fall asleep? :suicide:

2.Supes44444 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:09 am

Hmmm. Take some drugs.

3.Juggs » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:21 am

Hmmm. Take some drugs.
Already took some long pulls of an indica straight tbats supposed to put you to sleep.

This shit is one of the main reasons i can't stay on the wagon. Eventually I just have to knock myself out.

User avatar 4.RIP » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:32 am

Damn that is awful.

5.Juggs » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:44 am

9 lb hammer didn't help either.

6.Juggs » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:47 am

I'm certain I could have taken a nap at work around 3, but I was too paranoid to do it since I had to pick up the kid at 5. Didnt want to sleep through the phone alarm.

7.Tommy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:25 am

Until you normalize your body, by stopping mind altering chems, you will continue this rollar coaster indefinitely. I remember the early sobriety no sleep, but i got thru it, by doing a variety of different things to help sleep. It ain’t easy, but worth it. I’m guessing you have anxiety issues, hell, we all do to some degree. You’re gonna laugh, but google dr weil breathing technique, pretty much a intro to meditation. Dont laugh, it works.

8.Juggs » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:51 pm

Until you normalize your body, by stopping mind altering chems, you will continue this rollar coaster indefinitely. I remember the early sobriety no sleep, but i got thru it, by doing a variety of different things to help sleep. It ain’t easy, but worth it. I’m guessing you have anxiety issues, hell, we all do to some degree. You’re gonna laugh, but google dr weil breathing technique, pretty much a intro to meditation. Dont laugh, it works.
Yeah, I have anxiety issues. Although they almost are all but gone once I do get over it. I was sleeping a little better during that 2.5 month sober run, but still not particularly great.

I'm terrible with meditation and such. Even trying to only focus only my breathing, I still can't shut the brain off and i get distracted easily :oops:

I'll look up Dr Weil now :hatsoff:

9.Juggs » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:00 pm

I'll say this though, my habits have gotten bad again. During that sober period, I was also on a healthier routine of cutting off electronics and just reading an hour before bed, eating much healthier. I'm still eating fine, but the holidays threw me off a bit. Those basic healthy habits can make a big difference.

Ok, I read a little about the 4-7-8 breathing. I'll try it again tonight. I believe that it works, but the claim that it can eventually put you to sleep within a minute....bullshit unless you're one of those people who already can go to sleep the minute their head hits the pillow :lol:

10.Tommy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:53 pm

With me, it takes a little bit for me to settle in, i read to just let those thoughts ping around for a few, they do go away, and can get into the zone. I listen to Deepak Chopra meditation music, not the voice guided stuff, just music.

Anxiety is a mfr

11.Juggs » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:58 pm

With me, it takes a little bit for me to settle in, i read to just let those thoughts ping around for a few, they do go away, and can get into the zone. I listen to Deepak Chopra meditation music, not the voice guided stuff, just music.

Anxiety is a mfr
I listen to a thunderstorm from youtube :lol:

12.lil numby » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:45 pm

i could be ten minutes into a coke bender, but if i start reading in bed i'm out within the first 3 pages.

13.Juggs » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:48 pm

:lol: I f'n hate you bastards

User avatar 14.MoralityULack » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:40 pm

I made it six days once. I had been up a couple days, I had read somewhere Keith Richards had stayed up a week. I had some money and some time off. It seemed like a good time to make the ascent. I didn't quite make it. On the last day I was sitting by the pool basically dreaming with my eyes open. Friends convinced me to give it up.

Normally though, my wife wakes me up all the time without meaning to. If Im tired I close my eyes sitting up and Im out in 5 seconds. When I was on the seismograph crew we lugged cables 16 hours, drove to Jackson partied and drove back. If we got a break I could lay down in 4 inches of water put my head on a cypress knee and be out.
Trump got his deferments for the wrong thing. They shouldn't have been for his disappearing, imaginary bone spurs - they should have been for that yellow streak down his back. - Sen. Duckworth - Pilot who lost both legs in Iraq

15.evil gator » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:52 pm

I keep waking up in the middle of the night and then go back to sleep at 5 am. Last night I woke up at 2:30 then finally feel back asleep around 5:30. ugh.

User avatar 16.Irish Mike » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:02 pm

I keep waking up in the middle of the night and then go back to sleep at 5 am. Last night I woke up at 2:30 then finally feel back asleep around 5:30. ugh.
Second Sleep

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.scienc ... -again/amp

17.Tommy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:06 pm

Falling asleep is not the issue, staying asleep is. This am, awake at 3:50, finally said f it at 4:45, got up. Think one my issues is back pain, we have a good mattress, a memory foam, but i wake up hurting somewhat. My latest batch of kombucha has too much sugar, that f’s me up w inflammation

18.Juggs » Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:03 pm

I do that all the time as well. 2:30 is my standard wakeup time every single damn morning. Then I usually wake up every 30 minutes or so after.

19.evil gator » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:26 pm

yeah mine is all work related, I think of some stupid email I need to send that will take like 10 minutes but it still keeps me awake, I generally go out to the dining table and write shit down just to get it out of my head, sometimes it works

20.Tommy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:39 pm

Just had to go thru a sales webinar, Jeffery Gitomer, he made the comment he empties his head out, every night, before he goes to bed. Things to do, ideas, outline of the next day, etc. makes sense, going to try it.

- contact mex, he needs more boner juice
- get truck drivers latest intel on recruiting
- locate nearby soybean field for bm tomorrow
- don’t rebound marry again, make bet on supes next revorce
- read vds latest article in progressive farmer, “how i made $83 farming”

21.evil gator » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:45 pm

hahaha yeah I should probably do that, I will see if it works. I am getting a bunch of the stuff I've been procrastinating done today, and I talked to my boss who is already on some of the stuff I am worried about, so hopefully I sleep thru or at least wake up later.

-make sure my dick is in order
-locate gas stations selling gross pickles
-practice biological gayness
-ice skate with gfd
-threaten syn
-check jax real estate

22.Tommy » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:08 pm

Hahaha

23.Juggs » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:19 pm

I've heard of that method before. Guarantee I'll think about 50 things that weren't any of those I wrote down :lol:

24.evil gator » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:46 pm

I did this last night and it worked, I still woke up but went back to sleep and didn't wake up all the way til 5:30; I'll take it. I also got a lot of things done yesterday so I think that helped.

25.Juggs » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:52 pm

I did this last night and it worked, I still woke up but went back to sleep and didn't wake up all the way til 5:30; I'll take it. I also got a lot of things done yesterday so I think that helped.
Any methods to fall asleep are difficult to gauge unless your daily routine is nearly identical.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else