i blamed gino

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

26.Juggs » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:22 pm

My hens got out again too. Neighbor brought them back. I walked them through the house this time. Retards get out but come back when they want easy food.

User avatar 27.MoralityULack » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:03 pm

Years ago, my dad and i were coon hunting (4 legged), and got stuck. Walking to the barn to get the tractor, had a cougar scream, pretty damn close, only time i ever saw my pops scared, that was a freaky mf’n sound.
I’ve heard one scream before but from further away. Weird creepy scary sound. Dogs got scared and wanted in the house.
We lived in an orange grove with swamp on either side and pine woods behind. We would see panther tracks once or twice a month for years. We heard him scream on maybe 4-5 occasions, I saw the actual panther twice while driving home late at night when I started driving. Sometimes the dog, which was pretty much fearless, would just totally freak out and get his hair up, the assumption was the panther was around the house. Eventually all sightings stopped in the late 70s. I don't think they could sustain a breeding population in central Florida. As much as we were in the boonies it was still too crowded for them.
Trump got his deferments for the wrong thing. They shouldn't have been for his disappearing, imaginary bone spurs - they should have been for that yellow streak down his back. - Sen. Duckworth - Pilot who lost both legs in Iraq

28.Tommy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:12 pm

I’m not sure where this panther came from, i saw one a couple years later, crossing the road, no mistaking what it was. A few other folks saw it, then no mas. Too far north for Fl Panther i thought

User avatar 29.ufgators68 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:48 pm

I had a bobcat scream? beneath my deer stand. Scared the fuck out of me. Vanished before I could get my light out.

Fucker would have caught a 308 round if I had found my light.

User avatar 30.MoralityULack » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:56 pm

I’m not sure where this panther came from, i saw one a couple years later, crossing the road, no mistaking what it was. A few other folks saw it, then no mas. Too far north for Fl Panther i thought

Fish & game people seem to always assume the smallest set and range of animals possible and any challenge to that orthodoxy must be misidentification. We didn't report our panthers. Our neighbors didn't. I imagine you didn't either. Nothing to gain really except listening to someone telling you that that hundred pound yellow animal with a three foot tail standing on a dirt road 30 feet away was a bobcat. I suspect the same is true of grizzlies(CO), crocodiles (N FL,LA), ocelots (TX), jaguars(AZ), etc. I think theres always a few outliers.
Trump got his deferments for the wrong thing. They shouldn't have been for his disappearing, imaginary bone spurs - they should have been for that yellow streak down his back. - Sen. Duckworth - Pilot who lost both legs in Iraq

31.PG. » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:49 am

You don't know gators from crocs?

Only American crocodiles I know of are down by Card Sound near the upper keys.

32.shutout » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:05 am

They've migrated all the way up around Tampa!

33.9508 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:06 am

Kids had them as pets and flushed them down the toilet.

User avatar 34.MoralityULack » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:41 am

PG I think you are thinking of the herd(?) that exploded in the Turkey Point cooling canals. About 200 the last I saw. There are about 2000 crocodiles scattered all over the "coast", such as there is one, all around the Everglades.

The ones in Tampa were from the Everglades population. They just swam up from Naples. My Cousin lives on Tsala apopka and says they have seen one. One was caught over by Homasassa.

A wayward crocodile was caught in South Carolina a few years ago. They get around. They used to live in the salt marsh south of Louisiana and supposedly have been seen there on and off. If they can make it to South Carolina I see no reason to doubt that.

They are once again in the Caymans (which ironically was named for crocs before they were exterminated there). Presumably they repopulated from Cuba where there are massive numbers.

To 9508s point they have found a few Nile crocodiles in the Everglades recently. Those were certainly introduced illegally and genetically distinct from the American crocodiles. They are far bigger, more aggressive, more dangerous and of great concern.

35.9508 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:47 am

PG I think you are thinking of the herd(?) that exploded in the Turkey Point cooling canals. About 200 the last I saw. There are about 2000 crocodiles scattered all over the "coast", such as there is one, all around the Everglades.

The ones in Tampa were from the Everglades population. They just swam up from Naples. My Cousin lives on Tsala apopka and says they have seen one. One was caught over by Homasassa.

A wayward crocodile was caught in South Carolina a few years ago. They get around. They used to live in the salt marsh south of Louisiana and supposedly have been seen there on and off. If they can make it to South Carolina I see no reason to doubt that.

They are once again in the Caymans (which ironically was named for crocs before they were exterminated there). Presumably they repopulated from Cuba where there are massive numbers.

To 9508s point they have found a few Nile crocodiles in the Everglades recently. Those were certainly introduced illegally and genetically distinct from the American crocodiles. They are far bigger, more aggressive, more dangerous and of great concern.
Maybe all the constrictors that have been eating the Everglades will get the Nile Crocs.

User avatar 36.Panamag8or » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:25 pm

Lost another chicken, inside the coop. No one can blame a dog for that. I'm guessing a snake, judging by the small entry point. Dumbass still hasn't fixed the coop, he just rearranges the stick/brick dumbassery.

37.Juggs » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:45 pm

Lost another chicken, inside the coop. No one can blame a dog for that. I'm guessing a snake, judging by the small entry point. Dumbass still hasn't fixed the coop, he just rearranges the stick/brick dumbassery.
Another one of mine got out. I couldn't lure the asshole back in the yard. The younger one is a stupid asshole and doesn't follow me around like the older ones. I just said fuck it and left it in the front yard :lol:

38.shutout » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:56 pm

I remember a certain poster getting a lot of guff over his chicken flock stories not too long ago.

39.52:20 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:12 am

I remember a certain poster getting a lot of guff over his chicken flock stories not too long ago.
He sob quit

User avatar 40.angrigator » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:15 am

???? Who cried over their chickens?

41.9508 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:20 am

Nononono... he took guff over chickens... and in unrelated news.... sob quit.

User avatar 42.ufgators68 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:50 am

Speaking of... I had to go catch the neighbor’s chickens. My wife is supposed to be taking care of them and didn’t check to make sure the coop door didn’t shut since it has been windy.

Door was shut. Chickens were roosted in hedge bushes. That rooster is an asshole but I won.

User avatar 43.Panamag8or » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:04 am

Apparently, the dog was caught in the coop, but the two chickens we have left were up in the roost.
Is the coop secured? Did BIL finally realize his stick-n-a-brick solution was ineffective?
Nope. Still not fixed.

I told y'all I could outdo the syn's friend thread, and I could. This whole thing is but one facet of the dumbassery I married into.

44.Juggs » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:22 am

Speaking of... I had to go catch the neighbor’s chickens. My wife is supposed to be taking care of them and didn’t check to make sure the coop door didn’t shut since it has been windy.

Door was shut. Chickens were roosted in hedge bushes. That rooster is an asshole but I won.
Roosters are always assholes.
I came home again to lose hens.

User avatar 45.Panamag8or » Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:09 pm

Went out to the coop to measure the f'ed up panel, to cut a piece of plywood. Idiot had hammered a piece of pvc, a pry bar and some other random piece of wood into the ground in front of it. WTF does he think that will stop?
Anyway, I applied a permanent solution with plywood. Took me 20 minutes. He's had two weeks... I bet he's logged a couple hundred hours in front of the tv in that time.
I told Mrs. Pan that if something got into it now, we need to buy a bigger gun.

User avatar 46.ufgators68 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:18 pm

I would use that as an excuse to buy a bigger gun. Gotta be prepared.

User avatar 47.evs' Boytoy » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:33 pm

Big badda boom.

48.Tommy » Sun Jan 13, 2019 11:56 am

Sounds like the making of a good reality show, kinda like Honey BooBoo

49.Juggs » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:52 pm

Finally had to make a make shift roof out of tarps to keep the damn chickens in. They ended up a cul-de-sac back after going in and out of the yard for 3 weeks or so :lol: Neighbor called the city because they were fucking up his flower bed, but I had no idea where they were for a while. Took 30 minutes and half a loaf of bread, but they're back in the coup :oops:

User avatar 50.Denver-Gator » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:56 pm

Finally had to make a make shift roof out of tarps to keep the damn chickens in. They ended up a cul-de-sac back after going in and out of the yard for 3 weeks or so :lol: Neighbor called the city because they were fucking up his flower bed, but I had no idea where they were for a while. Took 30 minutes and half a loaf of bread, but they're back in the coup :oops:
Maybe you should look into breeding and selling them for extra cash?
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else