Bush I Funeral

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

26.evil gator » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:32 pm

As much as Bush deserves to be honored, the coverage this is getting into Franco territory.

yeah not enough else going on for the news industrial complex I guess.

27.shutout » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:06 pm

28.evil gator » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:14 pm

a lot of people who don't know it are making a big deal of it. Some people don't read along, others do, who cares

User avatar 29.GFY » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:17 pm

a lot of people who don't know it are making a big deal of it. Some people don't read along, others do, who cares
I do not hold to any creeds such as the Apostle's and the Nicene. They are written by man.

30.MoralityULack » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:18 pm

As much as Bush deserves to be honored, the coverage this is getting into Franco territory.

yeah not enough else going on for the news industrial complex I guess.
Republicans are celebrating a leader from when they were popular and respected. Democrats and never Trumpers are celebrating a time before fascism when politicians and voters put the country first. Virtually everything about Bush - family, military sacrifice, business success, public service, charity, honesty - reflects poorly on Trump. There is something for everyone to celebrate in Bush.

31.MoralityULack » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:21 pm

It looks like Trump is just desperate to take a dump.

User avatar 32.Denver-Gator » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:21 pm

I do not hold to any creeds such as the Apostle's and the Nicene. They are written by man.
Uh, so who wrote the Bible?

33.evil gator » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:26 pm

yeah its more of a mainstream protestant thing, not as much evangelicals

User avatar 34.Denver-Gator » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:30 pm

yeah its more of a mainstream protestant thing, not as much evangelicals
Effin Proddies...

but that MEME is as stupid as most of the MEMEs out there, either pro or anti Trump. Thanks reblue!!!

35.shutout » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:32 pm

oh Reb. we missed him.

36.MoralityULack » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:14 pm

Genocidal self abusing Jewish monks who wanted people to be as miserable as they were wrote the old testament. Jesus came along and taught that was evil and espoused facets of eastern religion he had encountered, for which he was executed for heresy by the priests and their Roman masters.

The new testament was written by people 100 - 200 years after Jesus died. They collected rumors and myths, plagiarized each other, and then twisted the stories to fit the politics and prejudices of their village. A couple hundred years later, the leader of the nation that killed Jesus for their jealous collaborators, needed a monotheistic religion and chose Christianity because it was different in every town and could be manipulated. He then created a committee of politicians to select and destroy texts and edit the results into the bible so that it best served the needs of a despotic empire trying to brutally assimilate its victims.

It took a long time, massive genocide, and the incorporation of many superstitions from other cultures to force this manufactured god on their subjects. The concessions to these extra-biblical pagan traditions created deep contrasts between what the bible said and what priests said (ie holidays, celebrations, no women priests, no married priests, no abortion, worship and rest schedules, etc etc etc). So ironically, much of all that work to make up a useful bible was for naught as most people just accept the interpretation of the priest or powerful laymen out of subservient self interest.

User avatar 37.GFY » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:22 pm

Great question. Read if for yourself and you will find out. :hatsoff:

User avatar 38.GFY » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:26 pm

oh Reb. we missed him.
It's not mutual.

User avatar 39.RIP » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:41 pm

yet here you are

40.shutout » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:52 pm

Come on man, dont cop out. People wrote the Bible. Simple answer.

User avatar 41.angrigator » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:33 pm

Yep.

User avatar 42.evs' Boytoy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:47 pm

Damn, man. Spoiler alert?

User avatar 43.Irish Mike » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:16 pm

Like you read...

44.9508 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:23 pm

Like you read...
10 commandments on tape...

User avatar 45.evs' Boytoy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:25 pm

I'm waiting on the movie.

46.gatorbreeze » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:46 pm

Marvel version?

User avatar 47.evs' Boytoy » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:24 pm

Marvel version?
Jesus Slays!

User avatar 48.GFY » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:36 am

Yes, God uses man to do His work and it was God that inspired the Scriptures.
The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2 who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ.
Rev. 1: 1-2

Creeds are different. They are usually written by some Group to show that this is what we agree too. It’s not the word of God.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Go Gators.

49.Tommy » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:50 am

Nothing like a bible tutorial by someone w the screen name Go Fuck Yourself

50.gatorbreeze » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:18 am

Marvel version?
Jesus Slays!
If it's the 10 commandments, should be Moses the Mauler, starring Christian Bale. :lol:
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else