Speaking of shitty teachers...

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.panamag8or » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:55 am

A bitter bitch ruins Santa for 1st graders.
https://www-dailymail-co-uk.cdn.ampproj ... -real.html

2.rampart » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:49 pm

Wow, that’s cunty

User avatar 3.99inNC » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:20 pm

Wow, that’s cunty

4.evil gator » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:21 pm

I can only think this person wanted the several seconds of fame becoming the internet villain of the day

5.MoralityULack » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:24 pm

Just out of curiosity when did you find out that Santa was not real?

User avatar 6.99inNC » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:30 pm

I can only think this person wanted the several seconds of fame becoming the internet villain of the day
Yes. YouTube is a hell of a drug.

User avatar 7.evs' Boytoy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:34 pm

Let me guess, you had a few hot toddies with his cousin while traveling through Greenland.

User avatar 8.99inNC » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:36 pm

I believe I was 6. Which I'm guessing is a little younger than most kids. I noticed that Santa's handwriting and my mom's handwriting ere eerily similar.

Great job, Mom! Maybe you can make Santa's handwriting a little fucking loopier??!? Thanks for stealing my youthful joy!!!

9.9508 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:40 pm

I’m calling bullshit on...

“My daughter literally said, 'she took away our imagination’.''

10.MoralityULack » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:44 pm

I believe I was 6. Which I'm guessing is a little younger than most kids. I noticed that Santa's handwriting and my mom's handwriting ere eerily similar.

Great job, Mom! Maybe you can make Santa's handwriting a little fucking loopier??!? Thanks for stealing my youthful joy!!!
Not that it was right, but I was just wondering how man first graders were shocked by this.

User avatar 11.Irish Mike » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:55 pm

I was 1st or second grade.

Juat didn't buy elves were making he-man and gi joe action figures in their workshop.

User avatar 12.99inNC » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:01 pm

Not that it was right, but I was just wondering how man first graders were shocked by this.
Not sure.

13.rampart » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:02 pm

My boy is almost 6 and he’s starting to ask questions but he still wants to believe. I hope he figures it out himself and not because some disgruntled dickhead or little asshole kid spoils it for him

User avatar 14.99inNC » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:04 pm

My boy is almost 6 and he’s starting to ask questions but he still wants to believe. I hope he figures it out himself and not because some disgruntled dickhead or little asshole kid spoils it for him
Exactly. Our new 8-year-old has been asking questions since he was 5 or 6. I think he knows it's bullshit, but he wants to believe, so we can still act like Santa and this stupid fucking elf actually mean something.

15.rampart » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Exactly. Our new 8-year-old has been asking questions since he was 5 or 6. I think he knows it's bullshit, but he wants to believe, so we can still act like Santa and this stupid fucking elf actually mean something.
Oh that fucking elf, my wife HATES that thing. She told him he only moves once a week because he’s a lazy elf :lol:

16.evil gator » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:12 pm

an older neighborhood kid tried to tell me when I was 4 or 5 and I fit the pieces together so I guess 6?

The thing is I was youngest and everyone (esp my oldest sister) seemed invested in continuing the charade, so I faked believing til I was like 12, when my middle siblings were like "come on, she hasn't believed in years"

17.MoralityULack » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:17 pm

I found out before school. My Dad was a B-17 radio operator. He became base communications chief and invented a navigation beacon for which he got a medal. I had three uncles who were pilots or ground crew at various places. One was a ham radio guy. So I was pretty obsessed with airplanes and rockets and navigation and radio.

Well, they showed a silhouette of Santa and his reindeer dancing across the weather radar one Christmas eve and I knew it should be just a blip. I chewed on it for a few weeks and asked mom. She could tell I was already convinced.

User avatar 18.evs' Boytoy » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:30 pm

Last time at Bragg, a group of us were dicking around (on a playground, I think) and there were some younger girls (sisters) from the neighborhood who would come around occasionally. One of these sisters was probably preschool age. I think I had a toy gun out and my friend was shredding something red. He threw the shredded material up and I acted like I shot something out of the sky. "Looks like you shot Santa." This little girl just bawled her eyes out and I felt like shit. I think we made it better by telling her we were joking, but that girl was f'n crushed.

I don't think I've thought of that in a few years.

User avatar 19.99inNC » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:39 pm

Last time at Bragg, a group of us were dicking around (on a playground, I think) and there were some younger girls (sisters) from the neighborhood who would come around occasionally. One of these sisters was probably preschool age. I think I had a toy gun out and my friend was shredding something red. He threw the shredded material up and I acted like I shot something out of the sky. "Looks like you shot Santa." This little girl just bawled her eyes out and I felt like shit. I think we made it better by telling her we were joking, but that girl was f'n crushed.

I don't think I've thought of that in a few years.
This explains a lot.

User avatar 20.DocZaius » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:53 pm

I don't remember how old I was when I stopped believing, but I think my 11-year-old son still believes. Yesterday, I heard him quietly ask the Elf on the Shelf to please try to find a lost charging cable for his Nintendo Switch.

On the one hand, it's sweet and endearing that he's still so innocent, but on the other I fear that kids at school are going to start picking on him.

21.lil numby » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:03 pm

I don't remember how old I was when I stopped believing, but I think my 11-year-old son still believes. Yesterday, I heard him quietly ask the Elf on the Shelf to please try to find a lost charging cable for his Nintendo Switch.

On the one hand, it's sweet and endearing that he's still so innocent, but on the other I fear that kids at school are going to start picking on him.
lol

a guy i used to work with believed through most of HS. his parents were divorced and apparently his dad would come over to his mom's house at night and put on all sorts of theatrics outside to keep him fooled.

22.evil gator » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:06 pm

lol

a guy i used to work with believed through most of HS. his parents were divorced and apparently his dad would come over to his mom's house at night and put on all sorts of theatrics outside to keep him fooled.
did this guy ever have sex with anyone? ever?

User avatar 23.99inNC » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:12 pm

lol

Just nearly lol'd in a meeting. Definitely snorted loudly.

And to your point, Doc...when my oldest was 11 he definitely didn't believe anymore, but was willing to go on with the charade for the sake of his little bros.

24.lil numby » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:18 pm

lol

i don't know, though to be fair where he group up there weren't a bunch of tassel-covered whores willing to spread their legs for any cornjerker driving his astroturf-covered subaru brat by their double wide

User avatar 25.99inNC » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:20 pm

lol

i don't know, though to be fair where he group up there weren't a bunch of tassel-covered whores willing to spread their legs for any cornjerker driving his astroturf-covered subaru brat by their double wide
Not as efficient, but meaner.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else