Racist Euros...

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.Denver-Gator » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:51 pm

Contrary to popular belief, Europeans seem far more racist than Americans.
A Tottenham supporter was arrested on Sunday after throwing a banana skin onto the pitch during the Spurs' feisty north London derby with Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium.

According to a report from The Telegraph, the fan launched the banana peel toward Arsenal's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang after the striker netted a 10th-minute penalty.

"Behavior such as this is completely unacceptable and the supporter in question will be issued with a ban," a Spurs spokesman said in a statement.
Imagine if someone threw a banana peel on the court of an NBA game at LeBron, for example. The national news would explode over it.

2.evil gator » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:53 pm

yeah when people try to hold them up as enlightening its ridiculous.

a few years ago I sat by a Brit on a plane, he said "why do your police kill so many black people" then when I said I liked London, he scoffed and said, its overrun by foreigners now and hardly "british"

:doofus:

3.52:20 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:19 pm

yeah when people try to hold them up as enlightening its ridiculous.

a few years ago I sat by a Brit on a plane, he said "why do your police kill so many black people" then when I said I liked London, he scoffed and said, its overrun by foreigners now and hardly "british"

:doofus:
Same type of deal with my Canadian coworkers. Appalled at our racism then will totally destroy their aboriginals. Widely accepted to talk about them as if they are the scourge of the earth.

User avatar 4.Cus » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:17 pm

I'd take the Juggs approach and point out how many blacks in America are killed by whites compared to how many are killed by other blacks.

5.Juggs » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:59 pm

I'd take the Juggs approach and point out how many blacks in America are killed by whites compared to how many are killed by other blacks.
:hatsoff:

6.MoralityULack » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:24 pm

It is a little different when the authorities - the sworn agents of justice - kill helpless prisoners with no consequences.
Last edited by MoralityULack on Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

7.MoralityULack » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:26 pm

Contrary to popular belief, Europeans seem far more racist than Americans.
A Tottenham supporter was arrested on Sunday after throwing a banana skin onto the pitch during the Spurs' feisty north London derby with Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium.

According to a report from The Telegraph, the fan launched the banana peel toward Arsenal's Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang after the striker netted a 10th-minute penalty.

"Behavior such as this is completely unacceptable and the supporter in question will be issued with a ban," a Spurs spokesman said in a statement.
Imagine if someone threw a banana peel on the court of an NBA game at LeBron, for example. The national news would explode over it.
Well they did react too. I don't know if they are worse. That probably varies from region to region. Like here or Iran the more rural you are the more prejudiced you are likely to be. But yeah, overall I wouldn't say they were better.

User avatar 8.99inNC » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:22 pm

Euros may be racist, but I find kruggerands even more racist. JMO.

9.evil gator » Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:52 pm

well sure I guess everyone expects them to be given the recent past but euros hold themselves up as so much better than us

User avatar 10.99inNC » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:02 pm

well sure I guess everyone expects them to be given the recent past but euros hold themselves up as so much better than us
elitist trash bags

11.evil gator » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:06 pm

with really really good cheese

User avatar 12.99inNC » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:44 pm

with really really good cheese
the end

13.shutout » Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:00 pm

I dunno, Ohio's turning out to be pretty dang racist all by itself.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ ... 093056002/

14.evil gator » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:39 pm

I dunno, Ohio's turning out to be pretty dang racist all by itself.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ ... 093056002/
well it's a lawsuit - not that its cant be true but these cases can have a lot of outcomes so lets not assume
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else