Early Thursday post... inbound

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

User avatar 1.ufgators68 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:09 am

Usually we get a small x-mas bonus. Like $250 - $1000, based on position and performance. Profit sharing bonus is in May and it is usually a decent one.

This year... I received a $1500 bonus. Not sure wtf I did. Apparently reading kindle books and posting on tgb is A1 performance. :lol:

Seriously... no fucking clue other than getting shit done PDQ.

2.9508 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:27 pm

1. Congrats.
2. Getting shit done right and fast is, sadly, a rare commodity these days.

User avatar 3.99inNC » Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:52 pm

Noice. Congrats.

4.HG 2.0 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:20 pm

1. Congrats.
And typically results in more shit being dumped upon you..

5.gatorbreeze » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:25 pm

Very nice 68, drinks are on you!
Remember when you were young, broke and pissed off at the world? Well, you're older now.

6.9508 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:29 pm

1. Congrats.
And typically results in more shit being dumped upon you..
Oh this for sure.

Nice to hear a company recognized some good work.

User avatar 7.ufgators68 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:46 pm

Thanks. Apparently transferring from engineering to safety/hr was a good thing. 8-)

8.evil gator » Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:46 pm

clearly the Trump economy is tanking

User avatar 9.evs' Boytoy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:07 pm

I missed Thursday. F it.

I had a new front door installed on the shack and it's awesome! I selected one with a semi circle window at the top because that corner is dark. It's not clear glass and has some fancy, yet worthless, design between the glass. Very well insulated and much heavier than the previous door. Had to special order the french doors for the back. I'll have them installed around the beginning of next month and rid myself of those flimsy ass sliding glass doors.

Next up is wood floors. Probably fake wood, but something wood like. New baseboard as well, of course.

Amazing what I can do around here when somebody isn't pissing away all of my money. Oh, and having my house back again without any f'n animals is pure f'n bliss. Would recommend.

User avatar 10.Irish Mike » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:20 pm

I missed Thursday. F it.

I had a new front door installed on the shack and it's awesome! I selected one with a semi circle window at the top because that corner is dark. It's not clear glass and has some fancy, yet worthless, design between the glass. Very well insulated and much heavier than the previous door. Had to special order the french doors for the back. I'll have them installed around the beginning of next month and rid myself of those flimsy ass sliding glass doors.

Next up is wood floors. Probably fake wood, but something wood like. New baseboard as well, of course.

Amazing what I can do around here when somebody isn't pissing away all of my money. Oh, and having my house back again without any f'n animals is pure f'n bliss. Would recommend.
I am about to build a new front door. Gonna be epic. Ain't spending no fucking money on it! :eg:

User avatar 11.evs' Boytoy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:27 pm

I missed Thursday. F it.

I am about to build a new front door. Gonna be epic. Ain't spending no fucking money on it! :eg:
I may build new kitchen cabinets. I want to remove the soffit over the current upper cabinets while doing it. I'm gonna use hemp so every time the oven is on, the house will smell like weed.

User avatar 12.Irish Mike » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:33 pm

I missed Thursday. F it.

I may build new kitchen cabinets. I want to remove the soffit over the current upper cabinets while doing it. I'm gonna use hemp so every time the oven is on, the house will smell like weed.
The list of shit I need to do is way too long.

In the next few weeks I'm knocking down the existing reach in closet in my bed room and making it a walk in. Then gotta do the flooring, crown, and recessed lighting. It was all supposed to happen right after I finished the bathroom. I finished the bathroom a year ago... Nine months behind schedule. :lol:

I've had bare concrete for a bedroom floor for around 22 months. Wife ain't happy. :lol:

User avatar 13.evs' Boytoy » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:47 pm

I've had bare concrete in my bedroom for several years. My room receives the least amount of attention. At least the flood a few months ago didn't really damage any flooring other than carpet that was in what is now the baby's room. That has been replaced, but I'll replace again when I replace all of the flooring.

Agreed. The list is way too damn long. I'll be working on one project and see something else and think "I need to do something about that." I keep earmarking money for the projects, but the backlog is serious. That's one of the reasons I'll pay others to do some of it. Otherwise, I'll never catch up. The guys that were working here today were in and out in a couple of hours. Way faster than I could have managed it alone.

14.rampart » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:41 pm

The list of shit I need to do is way too long.

In the next few weeks I'm knocking down the existing reach in closet in my bed room and making it a walk in. Then gotta do the flooring, crown, and recessed lighting. It was all supposed to happen right after I finished the bathroom. I finished the bathroom a year ago... Nine months behind schedule. :lol:

I've had bare concrete for a bedroom floor for around 22 months. Wife ain't happy. :lol:
Yeh, my list is too damn long. And then I went and bought a new phono cartridge (yeh, yeh, I don’t give an f) for my turntable and I can’t stop listening to the damn thing.

15.9508 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:45 pm

I missed Thursday. F it.

The door knocker however, he’s throwing down!

User avatar 16.Irish Mike » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:46 pm

I missed Thursday. F it.

The door knocker however, he’s throwing down!

Face Aids : Inbound!

17.Juggs » Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:57 am

1. Congrats.
Yep. I'd be fired thid year with my attendance if I wasnt so good at my job. HR flat out told me

18.shutout » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:34 am

I missed Thursday. F it.

My last gville squeeze had this shit installed because dogs: https://www.calibamboo.com/product-gray ... ign=716784

It's the new-style vinyl stuff that looks like fake wood but is even faker. It's pretty dang cheap and cool.

19.shutout » Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:35 am

1. Congrats.
Yep. I'd be fired thid year with my attendance if I wasnt so good at my job. HR flat out told me
You need to move into management! :lol:

User avatar 20.RIP » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:26 pm

I missed Thursday. F it.

My last gville squeeze had this shit installed because dogs: https://www.calibamboo.com/product-gray ... ign=716784

It's the new-style vinyl stuff that looks like fake wood but is even faker. It's pretty dang cheap and cool.
Viny planks are a godsend. The only tools you need are box cutters, a straight edge, floor pulling tool, and a mallet. Score and snap.

21.evil gator » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:21 pm

I missed Thursday. F it.

Viny planks are a godsend. The only tools you need are box cutters, a straight edge, floor pulling tool, and a mallet. Score and snap.
yeah at my old place I got sick of picking things out and got it for my kitchen, it was super cheap vs. the real wood in the dining/living rooms and I'd have to point out the difference to people. Also had some dishwasher and window and sink leaks and it held up fine, the glue didn't even come off.

User avatar 22.evs' Boytoy » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:05 pm

yeah at my old place I got sick of picking things out and got it for my kitchen, it was super cheap vs. the real wood in the dining/living rooms and I'd have to point out the difference to people. Also had some dishwasher and window and sink leaks and it held up fine, the glue didn't even come off.
That's why I'm going to use the fake stuff. We put bamboo in my mom's house and it was a pain in the ass. Special glue was needed or the boards would warp. Couldn't put it down around the bar because the boards would warp. The front bedroom apparently had moisture coming up through the foundation that we didn't know about until the boards warped. I mean, not that I'd ever choose bamboo, but that pushed me in the vinyl direction.

Oh, and when the bar ice maker leaked, half of the front of the house had to be replaced. F that. I'm going to spill a beer at my house.

23.evil gator » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:38 pm

That's why I'm going to use the fake stuff. We put bamboo in my mom's house and it was a pain in the ass. Special glue was needed or the boards would warp. Couldn't put it down around the bar because the boards would warp. The front bedroom apparently had moisture coming up through the foundation that we didn't know about until the boards warped. I mean, not that I'd ever choose bamboo, but that pushed me in the vinyl direction.

Oh, and when the bar ice maker leaked, half of the front of the house had to be replaced. F that. I'm going to spill a beer at my house.
yeah wood/bamboo are way less forgiving. I didn't even have the good vinyl flooring, it was dirt cheap and again, no one noticed.
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else