Game of Thrones

Moderators: shutout, evs' Boytoy, Irish Mike

576.Juggs » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:07 pm

When someone dies in this show, you see them die. So I don't think Berric and Tormund are dead, either. They've got a lot of running to do on top of the wall to get back to civilization, though. I don't know how many castles in the show are actually manned, but the nearest one has got to be at least 20 miles away - if it's still in good shape, they may be able to get down from the wall. Castle Black is probably 150 miles away (the Wall is said to be 300 miles long).
Only 3 castled are manned according to Jon back when he was with the Wildlings. We know Castle Black, Eastwatch and the Shadow Tower. And Janos was going to be sent to abandoned Greyguard when he refused. I guess they'll be doing a lot of walking to get to the first castle and hope they can get down.

User avatar 577.DocZaius » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:53 pm

^ I get confused. In the books, he started sending out small groups to man all the castles and I wasn't sure if he'd done that in the show or not.

578.Juggs » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:12 pm

Not in the show. Clearly the intent was there since hew as going to send Janos to one, but it wasn't addressed further. They didn't have the men at that point anyway.

User avatar 579.DocZaius » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:33 pm

It's gonna be interesting when the Army of the Dead gets to Winterfell. Will the Night King raise up all the dead Starks in the crypt under the castle?

Or will they stop him?

580.rampart » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:40 pm

I don't think Tormund is dead. He was running west along the top of the wall with Berric. Not down the stairs.
See, this is what I thought too. Damn that ginger hating juggs
Yeah, I saw it again and he jumped from the crumbling part onto another part of the wall. Of course, how the hell does he get down now? :lol: Not to mention, now behind an entire army of the dead.

And what the hell happened to Bronn and Pod? Are they still drinking?
He has to run to castle black, should take him 45 min., hour tops

581.Juggs » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:40 pm

May be thinking too hard on that. I don't think he's going around to cemeteries and raising bones. He'll have plenty of corpses to turn as he kills on his way south.

582.evs » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:43 pm

Yeah, I saw it again and he jumped from the crumbling part onto another part of the wall. Of course, how the hell does he get down now? :lol: Not to mention, now behind an entire army of the dead.

haha

583.9508 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:45 pm

If they swim there in armor they should be able to get there in one breath.

584.evs » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:48 pm

I feel like on this season they got rid of whatever voice of sanity worked on the other seasons, the person at work who points out your office shouldn't buy a bouncy house.

585.rampart » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:49 pm

Just strap a saddle on a raven and go

586.Fishon » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:26 pm

I feel like on this season they got rid of whatever voice of sanity worked on the other seasons, the person at work who points out your office shouldn't buy a bouncy house.
this has been happening since they passed the books and since GRRM stopped contributing. too much spectacle and not enough sense

587.evs » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:34 pm

this has been happening since they passed the books and since GRRM stopped contributing. too much spectacle and not enough sense
well the lack of books hurt but scripted shows not based on books generally have some on the team who keep things real even if it's a show about zombies and dragons. Certainly the characters and plots have been weaker though the actually movement and not just wandering around sort of makes up for that. I'm talking about the stupidity of not drowning in full suits of armor and whatnot. Some can be attributed to that but on the biggest show on tv it seems like there should be someone to point that out rather than slobs on a message board.

I guess because the show is so big everyone is afraid to say anything to the creators like how no one could tell Eddie Murphy his movies were no longer funny because he had so much money.

588.Juggs » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:08 pm

i read he was still contributing, just not majorly. He gives the bullet points of what's happening and they take it from there.

589.Fishon » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:50 pm

well the lack of books hurt but scripted shows not based on books generally have some on the team who keep things real even if it's a show about zombies and dragons. Certainly the characters and plots have been weaker though the actually movement and not just wandering around sort of makes up for that. I'm talking about the stupidity of not drowning in full suits of armor and whatnot. Some can be attributed to that but on the biggest show on tv it seems like there should be someone to point that out rather than slobs on a message board.

I guess because the show is so big everyone is afraid to say anything to the creators like how no one could tell Eddie Murphy his movies were no longer funny because he had so much money.
agree with the second part. Those guys are making HBO a crap ton of money right now. Some people may not want to upset that apple cart

590.Juggs » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:57 pm

I'm wondering just who put them on a timetable and why. Even outpacing the books, you could do 3 or 4 more seasons and do it right. Who said they couldn't?

I get it's much easier to do now. We know the houses, characters, etc so we don't need the drawn out stories we did early on (as a show watcher). The whole situation is baffling.

591.Fishon » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:07 pm

I'm wondering just who put them on a timetable and why. Even outpacing the books, you could do 3 or 4 more seasons and do it right. Who said they couldn't?

I get it's much easier to do now. We know the houses, characters, etc so we don't need the drawn out stories we did early on (as a show watcher). The whole situation is baffling.
i may have read it somewhere, but i think Dan and Dave wanted to wrap things up sooner. I believe HBO was wanting 10 seasons. I imagine they are probably burned out at this point. The unfortunate thing is that seems to be bleeding into the story quality

User avatar 592.evs' Boytoy » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:13 pm

Burned out? I'm sure making all that money is a real drag for everyone.

593.Juggs » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:34 pm

Burned out? I'm sure making all that money is a real drag for everyone.
Yeah I don't see it there.

594.Fishon » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:53 pm

Was it juggs or doc that posted this link last time? long, but some :lol: parts http://blacknerdproblems.com/game-of-th ... -the-wolf/
The only good things from this scene, truth be told, were that Bran finally fucking did something. Bran is like Jean Grey if Jean only used her telekinesis to preheat the oven. The second of course was Arya with the no hesitation on LRO. You know how cats on the court shoot and be like “Kobe!” Arya rolled up and slit LRO throat like, “Child Protective Services!” Shit was a wrap. Arya slit this muthafuckas throat then walked back to her post so that she could have the best place to watch him die from. Savage. As. Fuck.

User avatar 595.DocZaius » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:00 am

I take credit, even if it wasn't me.

596.rampart » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:45 am

Saw an opinion that suggested the show runners are just tired of it

Edit: I obviously hadn't read any more of the thread

597.Juggs » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:08 pm

I was thinking about this yesterday, about how Cersei dies. Ignoring the prophecy, a poetic way I wouldn't mind seeing her die is that her baby dies in child birth. Since it'll be winter by then, the night king doesn't have to be there to reanimate the corpse. Baby turns zombie and kills Cersei.

598.Juggs » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:46 pm

I lol'd at the wall segment here. Starts at that segment

599.rynogator » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:43 am

I was thinking about this yesterday, about how Cersei dies. Ignoring the prophecy, a poetic way I wouldn't mind seeing her die is that her baby dies in child birth. Since it'll be winter by then, the night king doesn't have to be there to reanimate the corpse. Baby turns zombie and kills Cersei.
My prediction is that Cersei will be killed by Arya disguised as Qyburn

User avatar 600.Cus » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:59 am

My prediction is that Cersei will be killed by Arya disguised as Qyburn
Solid
Sort by

« Sports, Entertainment, and Everything Else